Clyde vs Elgin City

I think you boys will catch  Stranraer and/or Bonnyrigg  who cant buy a goal or win atm. They are both playing mid-week v top  4 sides at home, if they loose the writing is  on the  wall. 

44 minutes ago, CrispyMelon said:

Didn’t think we played badly today, chances just weren’t taken. McHale kept us in it before we went ahead, looked much more assured after that until half time.

Clyde were hugely improved in the second half and, like in our game here in September, 2-2 or 3-1 would have been a fair scoreline.

Was disappointed Jones got his goal chalked off, and Dingwall’s miss was a proper hands on head moment. McHale got his head on the corner but alas, no luck.

League is not over by any stretch for anyone.. I didn’t think we were that bad today, just wasteful. I thought Michael Dangana was in the game a lot more today and I liked some of what I saw from Freddy Jeffreys when he came on - cracking through ball to Golding in added time one that sticks in the memory.

Elgin were far better than the team that came down in September time. 

Easily could’ve got a result, but obviously delighted we’ve managed to grind that one out. We are awful at defending corners though! 

Actually thought Dangana was poor, spent half the time on his arse. Golding is a player. 

After worrying about a Rob Jones goal, enjoyed his disallowed effort 😂

20 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

I think you boys will catch  Stranraer and/or Bonnyrigg  who cant buy a goal or win atm. They are both playing mid-week v top  4 sides at home, if they loose the writing is  on the  wall. 

We really need a favour from Dumbarton in particular midweek. If Stranraer win we will still be 5 behind despite the good work of last 2 weeks.

We probably edged that but Elgin could easily have scored an equaliser. I think we have lost nearly every game like that this season so we will take it.

Kabia made a real difference in attack but he is an absolute liability defensively. That's what we need to fix for next week and Ballantyne/Grant in midfield is not the answer. No idea why we kept ourselves so open in there having taken the lead.

Hamilton was terrific again and that's exactly why we brought Allan back. Again, a lot of problems would be fixed with two Barry Cuddihys.

I think Elgin will be fine but it's good to keep them in the mix for now. A big midweek ahead.

Definitely a lingering sense that we have left it a wee bit too late; the Peterhead game in particular might yet come home to roost, but there's no denying the general improvement of late. A good few players had poor games by their recent standards and yet we still managed to crawl over the line; hopefully this can be another turning point for them, in terms of the must-wins. As much as Kabia doesn't offer nearly as much as Scullion defensively, he came on and completely transformed that game for us. Hopefully his hamstring will be strong enough for him to be fit to start against Forfar next week; his use of the ball was peerless from his introduction and that cross for the winner was a thing of beauty. Credit to Jordan Allan as well who probably wouldn't have taken that strike for the first on a few weeks ago. Full of confidence at the moment and long may that continue.

Well I don’t think I’ve been so nervous at a game in last 5-10 mins for a long long time. Massive result not just in context of the “great escape “ but I actually thought Elgin were a very decent side.  After about 30 mins I actually said to one of my boys that a result today would be huge in terms of the fact we’d do well to beat them. 
As said before second half changes won that today. Leitch may be a little frustrating at times but in general he brings quality to the midfield we don’t normally have. For all Scullion’s determination etc he can’t do what Leitch can.  Similarly Kabia might not be a defender in any shape but he also offers something different and what’s more important, a delivery, no one else does!
Again, Allan does the business today and we are totally different prospect with him in the team. 
Finally, another huge game from Hamilton, absolutely wonderful player we are so lucky to have. Has everything we have missed at the back for so long.

Next weeks mission for Mr McCall and staff at training,  please somehow how sort out our fecking defending at corner kicks! Do that and we very well actually do this 🙏

Plenty football still to play. A quarter of the season left. We’re showing signs of clicking now and if Dumbarton do us a favour on Tuesday night it is all to play for. Calm heads required. We’ll continue to drop points between now and the end of the season but I’m a lot more optimistic than I was a week past Tuesday.

Really good result today and we're gonna need a few more nervy, tight wins like that to hold onto our slim chance of staying up.

Need to hope one of Sula, Howie or Dunachie can get their fitness back for next week though as we can't depend on Peter Grant at all.

Nice to see a big improvement in Kabia today, but that was a horrible end to the game. McHale's header in slow motion for me. Two six-pointers featuring a goal from the opposition's half and a goalkeeper scoring in injury time might have been too much for me to take.

Glad that was over and that Elgin team today was far from the worst I've seen this season. Very much hope Clyde don't need to rely on getting a result up there on the final day.

Another massive 3pts for us today, nowhere near our best, but fair play to the lads for grinding out the result. Kabia had an excellent game when he came on, only bettered by Hamilton who was excellent once more. Thought Lyon had a good 1st half but I can see why he was sacrificed. Jordan Allan looks like he's found his form again and if we keep creating chances he should bag a good few more. Lots of work to do but we have now given ourselves a right good chance.

23 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Really good result today and we're gonna need a few more nervy, tight wins like that to hold onto our slim chance of staying up.

Need to hope one of Sula, Howie or Dunachie can get their fitness back for next week though as we can't depend on Peter Grant at all.

Peter Grant ie ok as long as not left back

Didn't watch the game in the end but it goes without saying, a huge result.

Sounds like a similar start today compared to recent weeks/months, start on top but fall behind to a goal ranging between soft and a gift.

I really enjoyed seeing the boys show some backbone last week and coming from behind as they did. However, I would say that the goals to get us level then ahead were cheap from Stenny. They also happened very quickly after Stenny took the lead. We were behind for a short period of time and even in that time I thought you could see us getting frustrated, hitting wayward passes and launching the ball aimlessly. This week we've had to wait but didn't let the heads fall, or at least were able to lift them again if they did.

Two weeks in a row we've come from behind to run out winners, once against the runaway league leaders and then against arguably the form team in the league at the time. Even more pleasing that what was required in both games was totally different but we rose to each of them nonetheless. Today especially sounds like it would have been a nailed on 3-2 loss a few months ago.

Monkeys are starting to fall off the back. Away league win ✅️, consecutive wins ✅️, win a six-pointer ✅️ etc. Quarter of the league to go and plenty confidence amongst the squad now. Bet they'd fucking love to consign Stranraer to the play-off after their players' antics the other month as well. The opportunity is there if they stay focused, one game at a time.

Edited by Clyde_MM

57 minutes ago, maccanee said:

Another massive 3pts for us today, nowhere near our best, but fair play to the lads for grinding out the result. Kabia had an excellent game when he came on, only bettered by Hamilton who was excellent once more. Thought Lyon had a good 1st half but I can see why he was sacrificed. Jordan Allan looks like he's found his form again and if we keep creating chances he should bag a good few more. Lots of work to do but we have now given ourselves a right good chance.

Lyon was very wasteful in possession I thought, cuddihy was far better when he went in there. 

1 hour ago, maccanee said:

Lyon was fine defensively but his distribution from the back is woeful. Must've been close to double figures for aimless punts up the park to an Elgin defender. He needs to take a breath and not panic on the ball as much.

Kabia changed the game when he came on, imo. Running at defenders, drawing fouls, getting a man sent off, the cross for the second goal. I like Scullion but he wouldn't have done what Kabia did today. 

Two great finishes from Allan, especially the first.