Partick Thistle v Dundee United

United look scared to make a challenge, Patrick bullying us here and they aren't even being particularly aggressive it's just they actually want to get the ball.

Grieve is absolutely useless, least if Watt was on the ball would stick up the pitch a bit longer.

Need to sub Doc off and get Tilson on just to harry the midfield a bit would get more joy then.

6 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

United look scared to make a challenge, Patrick bullying us here and they aren't even being particularly aggressive it's just they actually want to get the ball.

Grieve is absolutely useless, least if Watt was on the ball would stick up the pitch a bit longer.

Need to sub Doc off and get Tilson on just to harry the midfield a bit would get more joy then.

No.  Just no.  Stop that.  Stop that right now.

On 28/02/2024 at 17:26, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

Thistle to drop more points here, thus completely hibsing the 10 point gap they had.

willem dafoe GIF

Delighted to hear how that's working out for you 

Doolan got that spot on imo. Sticking two 6’4 centre halves in midfield and turning it into a battle worked very well. Thought we were unlucky not to win, but given previous results I’ll take a point gladly. I thought Wasiri was great for his first full game at centre half in ages, you can see the defence simply have more confidence with Mitchell behind them, and both wingers put a proper shift in defensively. 

Been watching Brian Graham for a few years now, so I speak with some authority when I say Louis Moult is a horrible dirty c**t. This isn’t intended as criticism.

I don’t like Tony Watt very much, and I don’t think he’s a great player, but I can only assume that Jim Goodwin has sustained some sort of serious brain injury to start Alex Grieve ahead of him. A dreadful footballer. 

10 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I don’t like Tony Watt very much, and I don’t think he’s a great player, but I can only assume that Jim Goodwin has sustained some sort of serious brain injury to start Alex Grieve ahead of him. A dreadful footballer. 

Watt is a waster, doesn't turn up and put in a shift most weeks. Gorging on the pies doesn't go well with two games a week either.

Shite influence for a vice captain and deservedly benched for the admittedly poor Greive.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That’s the best I’ve seen us play in absolutely ages. Scott Robinson has been the best player on the park by a million miles.

More of the same would be delightful. 

Agreed, Robinson was brilliant as was Milne.  Special mention to big Williams too.

It was a much better shape to the team too, which is  a credit to Dools.

Really enjoyed the game and the effort from the team.

Great spirit and tenacity shown today but FFS clear yer lines and stop trying to thread the ball out of the box especially when you have two predators in an around the box....you could see that United goal coming .

In saying that happy with the point, getting that game out of the way and Morton dropping back again. 

A draw was probably a fait result. Much better performance from us, we looked much more solid. Although I wouldn’t be keen us us starting with Neilson and McBeth every week.

Another absolutely dreadful refereeing performance too.

Reasonably happy with that despite not securing the full three points. Defensively much more assured than in recent weeks. Shows Doolan knows how to adapt.

Wasiri really good today and Mitchell confident. Neilson in midfield looked more comfortable which is a positive and better performances from players like Milne.

Think we’ll be fine this season.

One more thing: Dundee United are the most dirty and violent football club ever to have graced the planet and I hope they spread the rabies that the rat Louis Moult clearly has among the full squad.

With one (defensive) sub made late in the game, it's clear we weren't pushing too much to try and win. I think that makes perfect sense given the form we had going into the game - the change in shape was a defensive improvement and it would have been demoralising for the team to come away with nothing.

I'm not sure if that exact line-up is best for Queen's Park next week l, but at least Williams should keep his place. He's been long overdue a return to the team.

Edited by AMMjag

Disappointed to draw in the end, but didnt expect anything other than a Utd win, especially after they equalised. Agree with other posts, there were encouraging signs with that starting eleven, definitely. McBeth had flashes where he looked top flight quality (brave block in the wall too) but did drift out of the game and imo there was a lot more balance to the side.

Docherty could have been red carded instead of yellow? Ref hesitated to even give a foul, looked a bit naughty. Ditto the karate kick on Williams.

We might have gotten away with a handball penalty shout too, hard to tell in real time.

Holt was poor, Gallagher sauntered around like he couldnt be arsed.

Williams was great even if he might have been at least partly at fault with the equaliser, think his header was going in before Graham finished it off and a brilliant last ditch recovery late on. Also enjoyed him stooping to win two headers in a row despite being blatantly fouled.

Robinson was outstanding. Mitchell clearly our best keeper, decent distribution on him and all.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Thought that was a really disciplined defensive display in the 1st half.Although we didn’t get forward too much I was disappointed not to get a 2nd in that wee spell at the end of the half. We seemed to change it a bit in the 2nd half and Utd were more on top. Wasn’t surprised when they equalised. Happy with the point.