Partick Thistle v Dundee United

27 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

With one (defensive) sub made late in the game, it's clear we weren't pushing too much to try and win. I think that makes perfect sense given the form we had going into the game - the change in shape was a defensive improvement and it would have been demoralising for the team to come away with nothing.

I'm not sure if that exact line-up is best for Queen's Park next week l, but at least Williams should keep his place. He's been long overdue a return to the team.

People wanted us to stop the goals leaking and that’s what this effectively has done today so I would be sticking with this

Neilson and McBeth are also relatively versatile when going forward too so it’s not like we can’t attack with them in there.

I don’t see how Bannigan and/or McInroy get back into the side next weekend after how disciplined we played today. 

27 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

One more thing: Dundee United are the most dirty and violent football club ever to have graced the planet and I hope they spread the rabies that the rat Louis Moult clearly has among the full squad.

😂😂😂 This from a supporter of a club that sees fit to play a psychopath in their team week in week out.

France Fight GIF by Case Jernigan

51 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

One more thing: Dundee United are the most dirty and violent football club ever to have graced the planet and I hope they spread the rabies that the rat Louis Moult clearly has among the full squad.

Eh?? Graeme I wish we were 

Edited by Glen Scotia

I was very pleasantly surprised to see how solid we were today. A professional performance from the team. 

Mitchell was good in goals.

32 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Enjoyed the day out in Glasgow, Firhill is still a great stadium, but it could be doing with better signage within the stand.

Also, I think I caught rabies.

Take two paracetamol and go for a wee lie down. 

At half time I was wondering if Goodwin had lost the dressing room as the players looked like they had chucked it, the lack of effort in that first half was appalling. Recently our subs seemed to have had a negative effect but today they helped change the game with Moult eventually getting the equaliser despite having a horrendous game. We don’t seem to have a single attacking player in any sort of form at the moment which is obviously a huge concern but Middleton seems to take shittyness to a whole new level and surely can’t start the next game, don’t know if it’s a confidence thing or if there’s more to it but you would never believe he’s top of the assists chart if you had watched any recent games. 
A point away to thistle is not the worst result but that first half performance was very worrying. 

Watching the highlights back.

We should have cleared the ball before it got to Moult at United’s goal. 

Hard to tell on the United penalty claim. I thought it was one at the time, but the angle on our highlights isn’t definitive.

It very much looks like Louis Moult should have been sent off. The angle we get gives shades of Ben Thatcher on Pedro Mendes where he’s just gone for him with the elbow. 

The draw was probably a fair result today. We were in control in the first half, but gradually began to sit deeper and deeper as United got a foothold on the game in the second half. Not convinced by the late United shout for a penalty, mainly because Scott Robinson was clearly hauled to the ground right before it, meaning it should have been a PT free kick anyway.

From a Jags POV, Mitchell is miles better than Stewart, McBeth is slowly turning into a very reliable player at this level, and Robinson is just a very good football player when he’s not injured. After a few weeks of miserable performances across the board, I can’t really criticise anyone today.

United flattered to deceive for all the high priced talent they had on the park.  A special shout out to Declan Gallagher for a thoroughly dreadful performance; the guy looked like he’d never kicked a football before. Ultimately still a very talented squad who will most likely win the league, though, despite having a clearly incapable manager.

No complaints at all about our performance or the result.

Yeah from our highlights Moult definitely lucky to stay on, soon as the ball goes over his head from the long ball forward he stops looking at it, turns and deliberately runs into Williams with his forearm / elbow leading to Williams' face. 

Can't even see who it hits for their penalty claim but I think the strength of reaction of their players suggests we got away with one. 

A good point and stops the run of defeats. The form teams vary quickly in this league, before the weekend you'd have said Morton would definitely win and Arbroath would lose. A couple of weeks ago Dunfermline looked favourites for 9th and now they're 5th. We're still too far back to win the league but hopefully can kick on and secure a playoff place and take it from there. 

Wasn’t sure about Moult’s potential Red initially but he’s incredibly lucky. Doc could probably have been sent off too. Not sure on the United penalty claim simply because you can’t see it very clearly on the highlights. 

On 28/02/2024 at 17:26, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

Thistle to drop more points here, thus completely hibsing the 10 point gap they had.

willem dafoe GIF

“A Great Feeling at Cappielow”

• 1 month later...
On 28/02/2024 at 17:26, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

Thistle to drop more points here, thus completely hibsing the 10 point gap they had.

willem dafoe GIF

betterluck.gif.372f615182052f052def90cacfea4897.gif

Edited by Ad Lib