Partick Thistle v Dundee United

Mitchell has to be restored to the starting XI now, cannot see the justification to keep him on the bench behind Stewart. 

I think we will likely see one or two other changes to the team. I have to say I am not feeling even the slightest bit confident for this game.

Would take a 0-0 right now. Hold on we don’t keep clean sheets, would take a 5-5 right now.

18 minutes ago, R&Y99 said:

Mitchell has to be restored to the starting XI now, cannot see the justification to keep him on the bench behind Stewart. 

I think we will likely see one or two other changes to the team. I have to say I am not feeling even the slightest bit confident for this game.

Would take a 0-0 right now. Hold on we don’t keep clean sheets, would take a 5-5 right now.

Mitchell not playing must be something non-football related. The obvious reason seems to be his mad agent. Although I don’t think he’s particularly great and there’s not much between him and Sneddon, I think he’s our best keeper. He certainly looks much better than Stewart.

If Ross Stewart starts this game, I'm staying in the pub.

With our rotation of terrible goalkeepers, a pair of CBs that look like they've forgotten how to play football and the fact we're coming up against a team who have absolutely scudded us twice this already this season, does not make Saturday at Firhill a very appealing prospect.

It’s a sad indictment of the other goalkeepers we have that we’re all (correctly) pining for a bang average championship goalkeeper in David Mitchell.

I’m going to clutch at straws and say that there simply must be something more to Ross Stewart’s ability than we’ve seen so far, otherwise he simply could not have ever been actually paid to play football. But then I remember Thorsten Stuckmann and think maybe not. 

I actually don't see us changing much, we're unlikely to change shape as our entire attacking gameplan is getting overloads in wide areas, and we're now playing with 2 defensive midfielders. 

Maybe a change in goal and one of the midfielders will be different but I can't see wholesale changes especially when our options at the back are Ngwenya and Williams.

Bizarrely we are the  League's top scorers both as a Team and Individual, yet our defence is a dithering mess with little or no options for Doolan other than Mitchell for Stewart and Williams for Muirhead.

3-2 United and the Estuary Clunkers to leapfrog us. 

It could just be the fact that my trip to Firhill will be part of a long weekend and I finish work tomorrow, but I feel a bit chilled.  I have not been overly-impressed by Dundee United and pressure does strange things.  What will kill my buzz is if we don't show some improvement in reading the game defensively and start looking like we believe we can defend.

It’s maybe an oversimplification, but in the 13 games prior to the Livingston game we had lost more than 1 goal in a game only 3 times. Since Livingston we have had our midfielder from the juniors playing the full game and lost 10 goals in 3 games. The team don’t seem to have adapted to having him or expect him to be something he isn’t, but he maybe isn’t the answer to whatever problem we thought we had. In those 13 games we won 8 and drew 3.

1 hour ago, Big Shedboy said:

We were absolutely fuking shyte on Tuesday and from reading posts from Thistle fans, it seems they are too.

I'll go for 1-0 United in a game of such low quality it should never be spoken of again.

IMO, we were broadly decent on Tuesday, with the massive caveat that our defending was legitimately abysmal. On the ball though, I think we were mostly quite good, and if we hadn’t immediately conceded a calamitous fourth after making it 3-3, I think we’d have probably gone on to win the game.

As I say though, we have a defence that most League One sides relish playing, and a goalkeeping situation that makes Mark Birighitti look acceptable. 

1 hour ago, I Clavdivs said:

What's the script with Docherty ?...seems to be playing even less games for Utd than us last season ,and your fortunes take seem to take a dip when he's sidelined.

Turned into a bit of a sick note unfortunately, has now missed more league games than he has played which is a problem as we are a far better team with him in it. Also our captain and we really miss his leadership on the pitch as in his absence Tony Watt is captain which is a debatable choice to say the least.

1 hour ago, skinny arab said:

Turned into a bit of a sick note unfortunately, has now missed more league games than he has played which is a problem as we are a far better team with him in it. Also our captain and we really miss his leadership on the pitch as in his absence Tony Watt is captain which is a debatable choice to say the least.

That sounds familiar.