Partick Thistle v Dundee United

4 hours ago, skinny arab said:

Turned into a bit of a sick note unfortunately, has now missed more league games than he has played which is a problem as we are a far better team with him in it. Also our captain and we really miss his leadership on the pitch as in his absence Tony Watt is captain which is a debatable choice to say the least.

100% that, he gives his all.I felt during playoffs for us last season he soldiered through injury just to get us over the line,however, you could see he was struggling a bit towards the end of that still raw ordeal .I really wish Doc all the best .

2 hours ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

Youve almost bottled a 10 point cushion, facts are facts.

If someone has almost bottled something then surely they haven't bottled it? 

Reminds me of commentators when they say "he just about kept that in play" when in actual fact the player did keep it in play so, there is no "just about" it 

I fear we are going to take a serious pumping. The manner of the defeats we have taken have been pretty hard to swallow on 3 recent occasions. Despite being completely our own fault bar perhaps the officials against Dunfermline. Losing in the way we did so in all those games has to have taken a serious knock to our confidence and mentality. I did however comment before Friday game last week that when fans of the opposition are expecting a pumping from us it gives me the fear. Maybe we can flip that and do as thistle do and surprise everyone when we’re expected to be pumped. Doubt it though.

3 hours ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

Youve almost bottled a 10 point cushion, facts are facts.

"Almost" bottling something isn't a fact. Maybe we will bottle a 10 point lead, maybe we won't.

What is a fact, however, is that Greenock Morton were 8 points clear of Partick Thistle in 2012/13 and ended up finishing 11 points behind them.

What is also a fact is that Greenock Morton were 12 points clear of the Second Division in 2003/04 and ended up finishing 11 points behind eventual winners Airdrie.

It's cute that Greenock fans feel the need to jump into all Thistle threads posting about bottle jobs, but it does suggest a staggering lack of self-awareness.

7 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

"Almost" bottling something isn't a fact. Maybe we will bottle a 10 point lead, maybe we won't.

What is a fact, however, is that Greenock Morton were 8 points clear of Partick Thistle in 2012/13 and ended up finishing 11 points behind them.

What is also a fact is that Greenock Morton were 12 points clear of the Second Division in 2003/04 and ended up finishing 11 points behind eventual winners Airdrie.

It's cute that Greenock fans feel the need to jump into all Thistle threads posting about bottle jobs, but it does suggest a staggering lack of self-awareness.

They also finished 13 points ahead of Thistle in 2005/06. Curiously, only one of those sides got promoted through the playoffs, and they don’t come from Inverclyde. 

I hope we go back to 2 up top for this one, the setup in the last game was a shambles.

Walton

Grimshaw Gallagher Graham McMann

Cudjoe Tilson Sibbald Thomson

Moult Watt

After his last performance Watt doesn't really deserve a starting place but the only other option is Grieve who doesn't really look like scoring.

Middleton and Fotheringham have been poor recently so maybe try Thomson further up the park and let Grimshaw just sit on Fitzpatrick.

I head through more in hope than expectation.

8 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

I hope we go back to 2 up top for this one, the setup in the last game was a shambles.

Walton

Grimshaw Gallagher Graham McMann

Cudjoe Tilson Sibbald Thomson

Moult Watt

After his last performance Watt doesn't really deserve a starting place but the only other option is Grieve who doesn't really look like scoring.

Middleton and Fotheringham have been poor recently so maybe try Thomson further up the park and let Grimshaw just sit on Fitzpatrick.

I head through more in hope than expectation.

Aye, Thomson has been outstanding at right back.  Let’s move him to the left wing.  😂

20 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Aye, Thomson has been outstanding at right back.  Let’s move him to the left wing.  😂

You are aware that prior to the last 2 games he has spent his whole career as an attacking player. Not desperate to move him from right back just struggling to fill the attacking roles due to the form of Middleton and Fotheringham.

2 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

You are aware that prior to the last 2 games he has spent his whole career as an attacking player. Not desperate to move him from right back just struggling to fill the attacking roles due to the form of Middleton and Fotheringham.

Yes, I’m aware. 

3 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

Reminds me of commentators when they say "he just about kept that in play" when in actual fact the player did keep it in play so, there is no "just about" it 

That’s because they’re still a point ahead, so it’s not 10, yet.

3 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

One of my biggest pet peeves, its (just about) crept in to modern vocabulary over the past few years

Every team needs a comeback when they have suffered a few defeats in a row.  I sincerely hope that the Maryhill Magyars bounce back in style in this one.  Will do your playoff hopes the world of good, and will also have a wee bonus.........for us! ;)

Thistle are gonna get pumped because we are shite at the back....

Stewart would be funny if wasn't so damaging or played for someone else. 

Congrats on the win UTD.

On a plus note for entertainment I will throw a bag of chips into the away end and watch there fans fight each other.

I will be able to tell who the alpha male is as he will have a full matching pair of shoes.

2 minutes ago, El Gringo Jag said:

Thistle are gonna get pumped because we are shite at the back....

Stewart would be funny if wasn't so damaging or played for someone else. 

Congrats on the win UTD.

On a plus note for entertainment I will throw a bag of chips into the away end and watch there fans fight each other.

I will be able to tell who the alpha male is as he will have a full matching pair of shoes.

You should probably brush up on your use of the English language before having a pop at the fine citizens of Dundee.

If Mitchell is fit enough to be on the bench he should be playing. Dont see what any supposed problem with his agent has to do with anything. Its the club that pays his wages not his agent. If he is unwilling to play and the physio says he is fit, dont pay him! Simples! If we start this game tomorrow with Stewart and Muirhead still in the team, Doolan needs to have a proper look at himself!

Edited by Sting777

Problem is if we change shape to try address the all to clear problems we have, then you are inevitably going to blunt the attacking aspects of the time. 

Given the lack of options to simply change personnel and I'm assuming that O'Reilly isn't fit (Williams for Muirhead? Mitchell for Stewart? McBeth I'm told can play centre back) then I think we do need to change shape in some way. 

Five at the back with additional centre half? If you do that, how do you Fitzpatrick into the starting eleven. 

I think,to some extent, we got away with how poor we were at the back in first months of the season. We're not getting away with it now that's for sure.