St Mirren v Aberflaps 02/03/24

Welcome to the surgery, how can I help you

NW- I can’t buy a win with this mob and I’ve run out of ideas, what can you prescribe?

I’ve got the ideal tonic that will have you playing like Brazil 1970, it’s a 3 points guaranteed trip to face St Mirren, it’s tried and tested this season but a bit of a journey. 

NW- It’s worth a try Doc, thanks so much

25 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

Welcome to the surgery, how can I help you

NW- I can’t buy a win with this mob and I’ve run out of ideas, what can you prescribe?

I’ve got the ideal tonic that will have you playing like Brazil 1970, it’s a 3 points guaranteed trip to face St Mirren, it’s tried and tested this season but a bit of a journey. 

NW- It’s worth a try Doc, thanks so much

Nah, I’m not going down the ‘can’t buy a win and in crisis? Relax, it’s St Mirren’ route. Fcuk it, let’s go out there and get into the faces of this bottom six pish, lead by a chancer hoovering up a few weeks wages for fcuk all. Fair play to Warnock, nice wee short-term wedge as the latest temporary incumbent of the manager’s chair at the used-to-be-famous Aberdeen FC.

Now, we may well lose, we may well draw, but I’m parking the pre-match pessimism. Get intae’ this pish, put them to the sword.

7-0 Saints. Mandron hat-trick and four Mark O’Hara penalties all awarded after VAR review. Easy the Mirren*.

*Edit. Maybees. Could be 0-1, if we’re as shite as we were in Dingwall. 😜

Edited by pozbaird

Not looking forward to this. Aberdeen have been poor all year but have been hilariously bad since Warnock came in. I want to laugh at their predicament but I just know that they'll end up getting a result against us. It happens all the time.

Livingston two weeks ago, St Johnstone earlier in the year, Kilmarnock last season, Motherwell. You name it. 

56 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Not looking forward to this. Aberdeen have been poor all year but have been hilariously bad since Warnock came in. I want to laugh at their predicament but I just know that they'll end up getting a result against us. It happens all the time.

Livingston two weeks ago, St Johnstone earlier in the year, Kilmarnock last season, Motherwell. You name it. 

We have just had a match thread full of St Johnstone fans saying pre match how there wasn't a cat in hell's chance of them scoring. So just piss off.

It really is time for the fans to get behind the team, if they really are such great fans as many claim. 
The abuse and toxicity from the stands is making things worse and isn’t helping anyone. 
That said, I can’t make this match so maybe being a bit hypocritical? 

As bad as the Dons were against the Fakes, they still made and missed some excellent chances. 

1st goal is really important in this league so hopefully we get it.

Also expect the away support to be smaller than their usual numbers.

I'm not sure if anyone has heard about this, but I believe there was a controversy surrounding a Miovski penalty last time this fixture was played.

I'm not sure of the details, as the St Mirren fans rarely mention it, but I believe it is only this that has kept St Mirren from winning the title this season.

5 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I'm not sure if anyone has heard about this, but I believe there was a controversy surrounding a Miovski penalty last time this fixture was played.

I'm not sure of the details, as the St Mirren fans rarely mention it, but I believe it is only this that has kept St Mirren from winning the title this season.

No, but if that decision had been called correctly we'd have had two more points and the Dons two less.

Still, we've Nick Walsh on Saturday - the guy who chopped off three of our goals in a single game against Hearts the month after that game.

And who also refereed our very next home game - and first league defeat of the season - against 'Ra gers'.

So, on the 'things levelling up over a season' front, we'll walk this on Saturday.  Cheers Nick!

Edited by Bobby_F

21 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Just now, Bobby_F said:

No, but if that decision had been called directly we'd have had two more pints and the Dons two less.

Still, we've Nick Walsh on Saturday - the guy who chopped off three of our goals in a single game against Hearts the month after that game.

And who also refereed our very next home game - and first league defeat of the season - against 'Ra gers'.

So, on the 'things levelling up over a season' front, we'll walk this on Saturday.  Cheers Nick!

:lol:

Look Whos Talking Now Omg GIF

21 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

No, but if that decision had been called directly we'd have had two more points and the Dons two less.

🤣

Also, what's happened to the central belt bias? How come Aberdeen get two points for a draw?

Edited by VincentGuerin

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Mind that time when Hearts fans rarely mentioned this.

Ended well.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11990412/hearts-threaten-legal-action-over-unjust-relegation-from-scottish-premiership#:~:text=Hearts are considering legal action,a points per game average.

Edited by Munoz

1 hour ago, 1GregStewart said:

It really is time for the fans to get behind the team, if they really are such great fans as many claim. 
The abuse and toxicity from the stands is making things worse and isn’t helping anyone. 
That said, I can’t make this match so maybe being a bit hypocritical? 

Somebody who is there can cheer twice as loud throughout the 90 minutes/boo twice as loud at fulltime.