St Mirren v Aberflaps 02/03/24

With the president of FIFA attending today's match to add to the former, now disgraced, president of UEFA, Michel Platini showing up to watch our game vs St. Johnstone a few years back  I think it's fair to assume at this point that we are box office as f**k.

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

With the president of FIFA attending today's match to add to the former, now disgraced, president of UEFA, Michel Platini showing up to watch our game vs St. Johnstone a few years back  I think it's fair to assume at this point that we are box office as f**k.

Maybe they like the misery.

42 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I’m sure it’s nothing to do with being handy for the airport 

Warnock has been a brilliant appointment. Love what he is doing, and he deserves the praise he's getting for doing such a good job. For a man, and club, of such high regard it seems almost inconceivable that they will come out of this with anything other than a resounding victory.

57 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

We are indeed handy for the airport. We’re right on the M8 corridor. Great transport links and handy for a big city like Glasgow. Edinburgh is a doddle to get to as well. The WAGs like Braehead and Silverburn, the posher WAGs go to Princes Square…. Those are only some of the reasons that we can, and do, attract better players than Aberdeen to come up to live and work in Scotland. Big gigs at the Hydro. Guys love it at St Mirren.

Miovski is fcuking freezing and miserable up in your never-ending greyness. Get him signed Robbo’.

I’ll get my coat as I’m met by the Aberdeen polis’ at your city limits next time I venture up. 😜

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Maybe they like the misery.

We do have a fan podcast called 'Misery Hunters' for a reason. 

History shows that we do collectively tend to see the worst in all situations.

Which is why some of us are unironically looking at Aberdeen and still at this point twitchy that they could catch us.

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Chance for Nick Walsh and Kevin Clancy to show him just how good Scottish refs really are, and why they should be on the FIFA list   😂

After being stuck with the likes of Clancy and Munro in recent weeks, Walsh and Collum should be a refreshing outbreak of occasional competence. 

Edited by DrewDon

On a more serious note, a Sad indictment of this team that barring a st Mirren off day or a freak red card or something, I give us virtually no hope of taking anything from today. 

Much like the killie game, you suspect if st Mirren do the basics of their game right then we won’t be able to really compete in the game and we certainly won’t be keeping a clean sheet with the pressure our back line would then be put under.

It’s anyone’s guess what Warnock will try on the line up and shape today. In Wednesday night the back 3 just made us completely impotent and didn’t make us look that secure. We still lost the midfield battle and we still shot ourselves in the foot at the early signs of pressure. I am actually struggling myself to pick a team to best get a foothold in it today. 

If Aberdeen don't pick up anything today I can see Warnock being sent back down the road.  You get a hard working well organised Saints. But can they put the ball in the net that's our problem. 

31 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

On a more serious note, a Sad indictment of this team that barring a st Mirren off day or a freak red card or something, I give us virtually no hope of taking anything from today. 

Much like the killie game, you suspect if st Mirren do the basics of their game right then we won’t be able to really compete in the game and we certainly won’t be keeping a clean sheet with the pressure our back line would then be put under.

It’s anyone’s guess what Warnock will try on the line up and shape today. In Wednesday night the back 3 just made us completely impotent and didn’t make us look that secure. We still lost the midfield battle and we still shot ourselves in the foot at the early signs of pressure. I am actually struggling myself to pick a team to best get a foothold in it today. 

Looking at your squad i'd have thought you are more suited to a 4-4-2 with a diamond in midfield, means you could play your best midfielders and have Duk up top with Miovski, that would be your best chance today. 

Hope Warnock isnt reading this and he chooses some batshit crazy formation.

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

If Aberdeen don't pick up anything today I can see Warnock being sent back down the road.  You get a hard working well organised Saints. But can they put the ball in the net that's our problem. 

Been wondering about this, but I think he'll stay till the end of the season unless he decides otherwise (maybe if they get knocked out the cup he decides there's nothing in it for him).

If you sack a coach after a year or two, then it's the coach's fault and you gave him a go. If you sack a coach after a month, that's a sure sign that you've massively fucked up and a sign of a club in absolute shambles and the criticism and headlines etc would be savage. It would call into question Burrows' position and put immense pressure on Cormack, and the impact on the players would surely be one of just "f**k it, what's the point here?".

For those reasons, I think Aberdeen are likely to just see this through. Not sure Warnock will necessarily do so though. Making a c**t of it in Scotland will be very bad for the image and ego.

I dreamt we lost 8-3. Usually my football dreams are the complete opposite of the actual result, but I'm not convinced that this won't happen...

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

No flies on you, Poirot 😂

Fucking hell.

As I've already said on this thread, do any St Mirren fans on here have a sense of humour?

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

As I've already said on this thread, do any St Mirren fans on here have a sense of humour?

I reckon you should chuck it while you're already behind, mate. 

Edited by djchapsticks