St Mirren v Aberflaps 02/03/24

On 03/03/2024 at 08:24, Ric said:

..are you sure, because if you are then it's as clear as day that Olusanya gets in front of Devlin and actually makes contact with the ball, controlling it. It is only after Olusanya's touch that Devlin brings him down.

Was it malicious? No. Was it intentional, presumably no. Was it a penalty? Absolute stonewaller.

Absolute stonewaller? Really?  The first body contact is made by Olusyana.  He sees the ball going slightly loose, looks to get his body in front of Devlin, and actually elbows into him fractionally before Devlin contacts him.  I'm not even sure if Olusanya is interested in getting the ball, as I think he is doing what too many players do nowadays - try to get in front of the defender to initiate contact, then fall down regardless.  And he certainly isn't "controlling" it. 

On 03/03/2024 at 09:15, gannonball said:

I've seen it again now and get why it's a penalty but the replies of 'clear as day' and 'stonewaller' to my post made me decide to not engage any further.

You should have stuck to your guns. You were right.  Too many people are being taken in now by attacking players putting their body in front of defenders to initiate contact and win penalties. 

26 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fair play to @SausageRolls111 - the lad has created a fresh P&B account to continue debating a penalty just the 5 (five) days after it was given.

If Devlin had shown that sort of commitment he might have got to the ball first.

Aberdeen fans should count themselves lucky. With Roos taking two minutes for every goal kick, with Gartenmann taking two minutes for every throw-in, and with McGrath taking at least three minutes on the turf with his life-threatening head injury….. plus the many substitutions, they should count themselves lucky they only announced four minutes of added time. Had they announced something approaching the correct amount of added time, we’d have pumped them 5-1.

This thread deserves to run for a full week. I plan to make my final post on Saturday, at the precise moment Olusanya’s shot hit the roof of the net and sent Shinnie into full boona primal scream mode.

Edited by pozbaird

9 hours ago, SausageRolls111 said:

Absolute stonewaller? Really?  The first body contact is made by Olusyana.  He sees the ball going slightly loose, looks to get his body in front of Devlin, and actually elbows into him fractionally before Devlin contacts him.  I'm not even sure if Olusanya is interested in getting the ball, as I think he is doing what too many players do nowadays - try to get in front of the defender to initiate contact, then fall down regardless.  And he certainly isn't "controlling" it. 

You should have stuck to your guns. You were right.  Too many people are being taken in now by attacking players putting their body in front of defenders to initiate contact and win penalties. 

50c0ec78664fe643ce2ba898232b2282.gif

1180733_2773e.gif

18 hours ago, SausageRolls111 said:

20240302_185806.jpg

21 hours ago, SausageRolls111 said:

What a bizarre take on it. Having a go at the player for trying to win the ball whilst we were chasing the game. If anything he should more determination than Devlin to win the ball.