St Mirren v Aberflaps 02/03/24

17 hours ago, Lola montez said:

Welcome to the surgery, how can I help you

NW- I can’t buy a win with this mob and I’ve run out of ideas, what can you prescribe?

I’ve got the ideal tonic that will have you playing like Brazil 1970, it’s a 3 points guaranteed trip to face St Mirren, it’s tried and tested this season but a bit of a journey. 

NW- It’s worth a try Doc, thanks so much

To be fair last couple of seasons that really hasn't been the rule at home.

I’ve never turned up to watch St Mirren and expected us to win. Never. That type of behaviour is what I’d imagine an old firm fan experiences every domestic match against diddy opponents. 

We’ve already suffered a number of defeats or draws against teams struggling at the foot of the table this season. Similar results have happened in the past - most notably when Fergie won his first league title with Aberdeen (79/80) and our challenge faltered due to poor results against teams relegated that season plus Morten. 

I expect a difficult game against Aberdeen and we will need to play at our best to win. 

Hopefully Aberdeen fans turn out in numbers and the game is entertaining. COYS. 

43 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

An easy as you like 2-0 win for St Mirren in what will be a replica of the Killie v Dons game last week.

That's my fear.

20 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That's my fear.

• Jeremy Usborne : Don't worry. Zahra says we have only one fear to fear, and that's fear itself. It's a clever saying, isn't it?

Mark Corrigan : And what about losing all your money? Or shitting yourself in public? Or the tabloid press mistakenly outing you as a paedo? Or Alzheimer's? Or all of those things, plus you're drowning?

10 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Nick Walsh ref.

Kevin Clancy VAR - the idiot who was the only person in the world who thought Hearts deserved a penalty for that diving cheats antics. 

I thought  it was a penalty too. Fish was clumsy and he did make contact with Vargas ankle, who then made a theatrical dive, but still enough contact for a penalty IMO.

Aberdeen fans must be pulling their hair out did I read McGrath was playing wing back the other night ? What a shocker of an appointment anyway rather you have that problem. Can't see anything other than a Saints win especially in Paisley. 

4 hours ago, Molotov said:

I’ve never turned up to watch St Mirren and expected us to win. Never. That type of behaviour is what I’d imagine an old firm fan experiences every domestic match against diddy opponents. 

We’ve already suffered a number of defeats or draws against teams struggling at the foot of the table this season. Similar results have happened in the past - most notably when Fergie won his first league title with Aberdeen (79/80) and our challenge faltered due to poor results against teams relegated that season plus Morten. 

I expect a difficult game against Aberdeen and we will need to play at our best to win. 

Hopefully Aberdeen fans turn out in numbers and the game is entertaining. COYS. 

Try a glass half full mate. I have been watching Saints since 1968.  We go through more bad times than good these are the good times enjoy while it lasts. 

16 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Try a glass half full mate. I have been watching Saints since 1968.  We go through more bad times than good these are the good times enjoy while it lasts. 

I actually enjoy my football regardless of good or bad times.

Some of the “worst” seasons have actually been some of the most enjoyable come the end of the season. 

Three last gasp examples spring to mind…. 

Winning 3-2 away from home at Fir Park, the 1-1 draw away at Easter Rd to stay up in the championship and then the penalty shootout win against United. 

I’m not negative about St Mirren’s upcoming games….just realistic and hope that the game is enjoyable, the players do their best and the cheers from the Saints fans are louder than the boos! 😂 

On 29/02/2024 at 14:42, Lola montez said:

Welcome to the surgery, how can I help you

NW- I can’t buy a win with this mob and I’ve run out of ideas, what can you prescribe?

I’ve got the ideal tonic that will have you playing like Brazil 1970, it’s a 3 points guaranteed trip to face St Mirren, it’s tried and tested this season but a bit of a journey. 

NW- It’s worth a try Doc, thanks so much

Aberflaps? 😳

26 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Aberflaps? 😳

6 hours ago, pozbaird said:

I’d have went for Aberdoon.

7 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

I've got a good one for you lads.

"Aberdown."

Sounds a bit like Aberdeen, and you're going down. You can use that if you like.

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I thought Aberflops would have been more appropriate. But what do I know.

:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

No you didn't. 

Fancy a wee wager on that  ? That's not nice on part stealing your money. Go check out Willie Miller comments on Wednesday nights game on Aberdeen left wing back. 

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

No you didn't. 

I did think when you posted that, you can say McGrath didn’t play wing back, but you can’t say he didn’t hear it. 🤣🤣

42 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Fancy a wee wager on that  ? That's not nice on part stealing your money. Go check out Willie Miller comments on Wednesday nights game on Aberdeen left wing back. 

46 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

He was talking about the Motherwell game