1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

You were too young to attend punk gigs weren't you?

Punk was too loud for the Hibees. All their bohos were into avant-garde jazz or something.

36199893_1829939403732909_55182922695950

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

They have absolutely fucked fitba with the handball rules and VAR.

Those penalty decisions were both shite, and "in the old days" Satellite heid would have been deemed onside.

Celtic red card was correct tho.

Agree with all your points but I think your gripe with the Hearts penalty is the shambolic handball rule that referees don't even know as opposed to VAR.

Hopefully the offside wasn't a turning point. Lack of options and experience on the bench would be my concern.

Just now, Empty It said:

Agree with all your points but I think your gripe with the Hearts penalty is the shambolic handball rule that referees don't even know as opposed to VAR.

TBF the rule could be that it’s a foul any time the ball hits an arm, and John Beaton would still get it wrong

Just now, Empty It said:

Yes, correct.

I posted that too quickly as I was practicing jumping up for a heider with my arms at my side.........

8 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Not gonna defend the current handball rules but it is possible to jump without flinging your arms out wide.

His arm isn't that far out wide, though. It is a completely natural movement and position for the jump, and then it comes out wide after the ball makes contact with his arm and Iwata is trying to regain his balance. The position of his arm when the ball makes contact is a consequence of the jumping action, and a completely natural one. Even under the current laws, which are a nonsense, it should not be penalised. 

I don't want to be that guy, and VAR does absolutely suck, but it seems to be particularly bad in Scotland; I think they would have taken about two seconds to clear that and play on in several other leagues with VAR. 

2 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Punk was too loud for the Hibees. All their bohos were into avant-garde jazz or something.

36199893_1829939403732909_55182922695950

Who's that? The Exploited boy?

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Yeah. Probably one of the worst punk bands ever tbf. 

Edited by Girth

That one today is given when Iwata knows not a thing about it, and has his hand in a perfectly reasonable position in the circumstances. Meanwhile, VAR looked at this yesterday - Mikey Devlin slapping the ball away from Nicky Clark's head having led into the jump with his arm - and decided it wasn't a foul.

Make it make sense.

handball.jpg.828a957f483114cde076b98fa40a73c8.jpg

Just now, Leith Green said:

Wattie Buchan. Saw him first on TOTP when I was a lad.

Offside looks correctly sadly...

GHv2AV0WMAAOVyL.thumb.jpeg.d7f908145a5c2

Just now, Girth said:

Yeah. Probably one of the worst punk bands ever tbf. 

No, Anti-Pasti took that biscuit.

Liked Exploited as a young lad, I have to admit.

7 minutes ago, stressball said:

You can’t be played onside by a part of the body you can’t play the ball with, just like you can’t be offside for a part of the body you can’t play the ball with.

That's how the rule is written - I just think it is a bit shite. Gives too much leeway to the defender.

Just now, Crùbag said:

No, Anti-Pasti took that biscuit.

Liked Exploited as a young lad, I have to admit.

Been to that guy's pub! 

Exploited were kind of funny. Wattie is a lunatic. How many heart attacks is he on now!? 

1 minute ago, Girth said:

Been to that guy's pub! 

Exploited were kind of funny. Wattie is a lunatic. How many heart attacks is he on now!? 

Six, so far. Two onstage. He's been yoyoing in and out of my Dead Pool team for a few years now.

Edited by Aim Here

How can you make a decision about a player being an inch offside with a frame plucked out the air by somebody, choose the frame before and he'd be on, frame after and he'd be miles off, it's definitely not what the offside rule was designed for.

VAR as much as its helped us this game has absolutely fucked football.

3 minutes ago, Girth said:

Been to that guy's pub! 

Best time was after Hearts beat Sevco to the Championship a few years ago. Treated a huge French metalfest to some Scottish culture. From 2.30 mins on.  😄

You'd never see the Proclaimers to this...

Edited by Crùbag

I think VAR can be useful but I just don’t think we’re using it correctly. 
I thought when introduced it would clear up a lot of those contentious decisions but in retrospect I wouldn’t be against getting rid of it.