Just now, Greenlantern said:

I think VAR can be useful but I just don’t think we’re using it correctly. 
I thought when introduced it would clear up a lot of those contentious decisions but in retrospect I wouldn’t be against getting rid of it. 

Before it was introduced I thought it was a good idea but the way it's been implemented has been a disaster.

18 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

That's the current law. It hits Iwata after it comes off Johnston. Not a handball and therefore not a penalty.

Pretty sure you’ve been a wee bit selective there. That’s in the Laws regarding scoring a goal, not conceding a penalty.

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m undecided about the Celtic one, but with today’s Laws the Hearts one is definitely a penalty. Arm miles away from his body.

The law specifically says that players should not be judged to have made their body unnaturally bigger if the position of the arm is a consequence of the player's movement or situation. He is literally in mid-air stretching and being nudged by 2 players. His arm being miles away from his body means nothing without context, and the context means it's not a penalty.

People seem to be removing responsibility from the officials here by claiming they have no choice by inventing new offside laws. They do have a choice, the law says it's not a penalty, it's incompetent officiating.

Just now, LuboMoravcik said:

Before it was introduced I thought it was a good idea but the way it's been implemented has been a disaster.

It’s negatively affecting the officials and the game is infinitely worse for it. 

Said this elsewhere but if it was mostly any other club I'd probably feel a bit bad for those decisions against Celtic.  Think they are both right but both are total misfortune.  

But it's Celtic so LMAO 

Edited by itzdrk

Just now, bennett said:

Bairnardo off for Kyogo, better chance of another penalty tbf.

Whether that's a typo or your autocorrect kicking in, you're clearly spending too much time on P&B.

Both teams given a nonsense penalty, both teams correctly get a goal disallowed, red card is a stonewaller. You can't stud someone in the face at head height regardless of it being a genuine attempt to play the ball.

Just now, Aim Here said:

Whether that's a typo or your autocorrect kicking in, you're clearly spending too much time on P&B.

Never noticed that, definitely too much PnB time.

22 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Didn't realise Shankland could score with his elbow where the line was drawn from.

The line was placed based on the "t-shirt line"

9 minutes ago, Empty It said:

How can you make a decision about a player being an inch offside with a frame plucked out the air by somebody, choose the frame before and he'd be on, frame after and he'd be miles off, it's definitely not what the offside rule was designed for.

The lines aren't even close, relatively speaking. I'm not sure a different frame would have made a difference.

15 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

No, Anti-Pasti took that biscuit.

Liked Exploited as a young lad, I have to admit.

The Valves were Edinburgh's best punk band, love a bit of For Adolfs only and Linda Vindaloo.