3 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Tripping a player is a foul, regardless of where it happens on the pitch. The Hearts defender kicks the back of Yang's calf when both are running at speed and anyone who has played football knows that it doesn't take a lot to trip you up running quickly. I'm aware many will disagree, but it was a foul.

So Yang getting his foot in-front of the Hearts defender to initiate contact was just clever forward play?

2 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Yesterday's penalty was a foul, as explained above. If the Hearts defender hadn't made contact then you'd maybe have a point, but he did.

Yang ran into Cochrane then fell down. No wonder he was warmly congratulated by his teammates.

I'm glad Dermot Gallagher agrees!

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/13087121/ref-watch-hearts-vs-celtic-assessed-yang-red-unlucky-but-correct

Just now, 54_and_counting said:

Okay if we are going by the letter of the law (absolute minimal contact at best but hey ho) then whats all the fuss about the hearts penalty, the defender clearly makes his body bigger with his arm out, letter of the law and all that

When you're coming down from a jump and being shoved there isn't a lot you can be blamed for having your arm sticking out, which is something the referee should've taken into account. However going by the rules it feels like every handball in the box is given as a penalty these days, unless you play for Rangers or Hearts.

1 minute ago, Crùbag said:

Yang ran into Cochrane then fell down. No wonder he was warmly congratulated by his teammates.

I'm glad Dermot Gallagher agrees!

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/13087121/ref-watch-hearts-vs-celtic-assessed-yang-red-unlucky-but-correct

Rather than relying on other people to form your opinion maybe you should use your eyes and see the replay where the Hearts player kicks Yang's calf.

2 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Okay if we are going by the letter of the law (absolute minimal contact at best but hey ho) then whats all the fuss about the hearts penalty, the defender clearly makes his body bigger with his arm out, letter of the law and all that

Yeah, Gallagher on Sky highlights that. It may be a daft rule but these types of pens have been given all season against most teams. Now that ONE has gone against Celtic, we hear none-stop gurning from Scotland's biggest, richest club.

Just now, LuboMoravcik said:

Rather than relying on other people to form your opinion maybe you should use your eyes and see the replay where the Hearts player kicks Yang's calf.

Watch it then. Cochrane is in front of Yang who runs round and barges into Cochrange.

Edited by Crùbag

3 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

So you disagree with rodgers post match rant about beaton? 

Well personally I think Beaton is a Rangers supporting cheat, but I disagree with Rodgers about whether or not it was a red card, yes.

1 minute ago, LuboMoravcik said:

Well personally I think Beaton is a Rangers supporting cheat, but I disagree with Rodgers about whether or not it was a red card, yes.

If he is such a rangers supporting cheat, why didnt he try get Robertson to reverse the celtic penalty decision? 

2 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

When you're coming down from a jump and being shoved there isn't a lot you can be blamed for having your arm sticking out, which is something the referee should've taken into account. However going by the rules it feels like every handball in the box is given as a penalty these days, unless you play for Rangers or Hearts.

Heh! Both Celtic players have their arms whirling like helicopters. We've all had these decisions against us FFS, what makes you different?

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

So Yang getting his foot in-front of the Hearts defender to initiate contact was just clever forward play?

Haven't you seen attacking players do this countless times by now? I certainly have.

If he is such a rangers supporting cheat, why didnt he try get Robertson to reverse the celtic penalty decision? 

I don't know what he did or didn't do yesterday, but the ref on the pitch is the one with the final decision.

Haven't you seen attacking players do this countless times by now? I certainly have.

Yeah we have, when dessers did it at ibrox in the OF game and we scored from it, funnily enough VAR ruled thats a foul

First meeting between Rangers and Celtic earlier this season. Dessers gets his leg in front of the Celtic defender. The Celtic defender then proceeds to kick Dessers’ calf. Dessers was penalised and our goal ruled out. Pretty much the exact same scenario as yesterday but a different outcome.

Going by your own description, Dessers being kicked in the calf should not have resulted in a foul against us and the goal ruled out?

1 minute ago, Crùbag said:

Heh! Both Celtic players have their arms whirling like helicopters. We've all had these decisions against us FFS, what makes you different?

That second sentence couldn't be more exaggerated. lol

Yeah we have, when dessers did it at ibrox in the Glasgow Derby game and we scored from it, funnily enough VAR ruled thats a foul

Is that the incident where Lagerbielke was fouled in the build up or something different?

I don't know what he did or didn't do yesterday, but the ref on the pitch is the one with the final decision.

Well he didnt tell Robertson to review the celtic penalty, so either the Rangers supporting cheat is trying real hard to hide it, or perhaps he isn't a rangers fan and just not good at his job (like most of them) 

Is that the incident where Lagerbielke was fouled in the build up or something different?

The exact same happened to Lagerbielke as happened to the Hearts defender yesterday. The forward put his foot across the defender and the defender then made contact with the attackers calf. Yet a different outcome.

Well he didnt tell Robertson to review the celtic penalty, so either the Rangers supporting cheat is trying real hard to hide it, or perhaps he isn't a rangers fan and just not good at his job (like most of them) 

Well it's pretty obvious he isn't good at his job, but I do think he's a Rangers fan. Happy to change my mind that he isn't if evidence presents itself.

So its a foul to celtic when a rangers striker sticks their leg across a celtic defender, but when a celtic striker sticks their leg across an opposing defender it's STILL a foul to celtic

Hmmmm okay

FWIW the foul in the OF game was a foul, but celtics penalty on sat was never a penalty, if you really wanna go there the celtic boy impeded the hearts defender from getting to the ball by moving across him with no attempt to play the ball