Euro 2025

Lurkst

6 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Can't argue with sixteen points from eighteen. Well done all. 

Indeed. Decent campaign 👍🏻 

If there was a league between A and B it'd be perfect for us.

(League A# , right pianists?)

5 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Indeed. Decent campaign 👍🏻 

If there was a league between A and B it'd be perfect for us.

(League A# , right pianists?)

League A♭ feels more appropriate.

Can't fault the results, and 16 points from 18 with only 1 goal conceded is objectively good. Israel were dugmeat but against Serbia and Slovakia we four and didn't concede any, which can't be faulted. But the performances... just never inspiring confidence that we'll do any better against stronger sides than we have over the past 5 years.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Can't fault the results, and 16 points from 18 with only 1 goal conceded is objectively good. Israel were dugmeat but against Serbia and Slovakia we four and didn't concede any, which can't be faulted. But the performances... just never inspiring confidence that we'll do any better against stronger sides than we have over the past 5 years.

It's just very pedestrian to watch at times coupled with spells in games where they can't seem to complete simple passes. Middle of the second half tonight they were constantly giving the ball away.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Sums pretty much what I feel too.

Having said that, lots of Scotland teams of both genders have failed to put away teams they should've and in this campaign the lassies have pretty much succeeded.

Now it becomes more difficult (and complicated).

Our potential play-off opponents:

Turkey, Croatia, Hungary, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Azerbaijan and, if they allow teams to be drawn against those that were in their groups, Slovakia.

All very winnable but some long journeys. Draw is on Friday.

In the League A v League C play-offs there are going to be a few massacres. Every one of them could be double figures on aggregate.

Great to watch a game in a full stand in the sun . Keep Hampden for games where a 5 figure crowd is expected .

Another pretty average performance , Serbia were poor when we kept the ball on the deck and ran at them . Not a fan of Sophie  Howard but think I am converted ,she was immense in the air and put in a few crunching, but fair tackles . 
At last we seem to have found a more than competent keeper of some stature . Wish I could say the same about Pedro and his tactics . With 5 minutes to go the team were still faffing about at the back ,as they had done all game,with short passes to players who were marked  and then lost possession .Rachael Corrie was the worst offender ,no doubt operating under Pedro’s instructions , but she’s the captain and should have told the players round her to get the ball quicker up to the wide players .

The downside is a promotion to League A where we again will be out our depth .

Having said all that, if Pedro Gareths us to a final despite boring football and not getting the best from the players, we won't complain.

I think the Nations League step-up is where Pedro will be shown up.

11 hours ago, Big Ally said:

Great to watch a game in a full stand in the sun . Keep Hampden for games where a 5 figure crowd is expected .

Yep, as I said on this thread a few months ago:

On 12/04/2024 at 01:45, GordonS said:

IMO we should be based between Firhill and one of the Edinburgh grounds - you always get the best crowds where the most people can walk or make a short bus or train journey - and take the bigger games to Hampden, creating more of a buzz around them. The aim would be over time to have more and more games at Hampden.

We've really shot ourselves in the foot at the worst time - just as interest in women's football has blossomed the SFA have got their strategy wrong. Compare our League A attendances to Ireland's.

Scotland...

v Belgium 7,058

v Netherlands 5,186

v England 15,320

Ireland...

v England 32,742 (Dublin)

v Sweden 22,868 (Dublin)

v France 18,399 (Cork)

The decision to play at Hampden came from the players. You could understand it but in hindsight I don't think you could argue that it has worked. Obviously the team being fairly terrible in that period hasn't helped either, but maybe the results from this campaign and the buzz from the play-offs could help.

I hadn't actually realised the play-offs were both two-legged, that is hopefully good news for us, I had thought we'd be guaranteed an away final if we got through which I wouldn't have fancied us in.

11 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Those are some impressive numbers. Fair play to the FAI.

Especially given their team is so dull to watch, even compared to Pedroball at its worst.

51 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The decision to play at Hampden came from the players. You could understand it but in hindsight I don't think you could argue that it has worked. Obviously the team being fairly terrible in that period hasn't helped either, but maybe the results from this campaign and the buzz from the play-offs could help.

I hadn't actually realised the play-offs were both two-legged, that is hopefully good news for us, I had thought we'd be guaranteed an away final if we got through which I wouldn't have fancied us in.

Fair enough, but the players aren't experts in sports marketing and they're not in charge of where Scotland plays. The SFA were quick enough to slap them down in public when the players criticised how tickets were being sold. It's still the SFA's responsibility.

Scotland don't do a lot better at home than away, but obv you're right that it's better the play-offs are over two legs. I imagine we'll be away in the second leg though.