Euro 2025

Lurkst

I'll be at the protest outside and I'm not going to the match. I'm no arriviste, I followed the women to the World Cup in 2019 and I've been to more women's internationals than men's over the past 10 years.

I don't blame the SFA for going ahead with the game and I wouldn't want them to boycott it because of the serious consequences - we'd likely get kicked out of the competition. It's even worse than playing apartheid era South Africa though.

On 16/05/2024 at 10:28, GordonS said:

I'll be at the protest outside and I'm not going to the match. I'm no arriviste, I followed the women to the World Cup in 2019 and I've been to more women's internationals than men's over the past 10 years.

I don't blame the SFA for going ahead with the game and I wouldn't want them to boycott it because of the serious consequences - we'd likely get kicked out of the competition. It's even worse than playing apartheid era South Africa though.

KirkieRR will be joining you outside 😀

The SFA: "We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the decision but the safety of supporters, players, team staff and officials is of paramount importance."

I dunno, I think having to experience the incredible trauma of seeing some people protesting is maybe marginally less important than standing against ethnic cleansing and potentially genocide.

Even just from a purely footballing perspective, the Israeli FA practices racism and they have member clubs from settler colonies in occupied Palestine, in breach of FIFA and UEFA statutes.

The Palestinian FA made an apparently persuasive case for Israel to be suspended at FIFA's congress in Bangkok and they're taking legal advice on it before putting it to a vote. There could easily be a majority of associations in favour but there's always sh*tey politics going on too. Worth remembering that the South African FA weren't suspended because of the actions of their government, it was the actions of their FA in practicing apartheid, and Israel are on similar ground.

It really is galling to see the gutlessness of the SFA and all of the players here when you compare it to the Polish players ahead of their World Cup qualifier. They were willing to give up their place in a World Cup to stand up for what was right, and there's not been a peep out of our FA apart from an attempt to restrict legitimate protest.

On 21/05/2024 at 14:43, GordonS said:

The SFA: "We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the decision but the safety of supporters, players, team staff and officials is of paramount importance."

I dunno, I think having to experience the incredible trauma of seeing some people protesting is maybe marginally less important than standing against ethnic cleansing and potentially genocide.

Even just from a purely footballing perspective, the Israeli FA practices racism and they have member clubs from settler colonies in occupied Palestine, in breach of FIFA and UEFA statutes.

The Palestinian FA made an apparently persuasive case for Israel to be suspended at FIFA's congress in Bangkok and they're taking legal advice on it before putting it to a vote. There could easily be a majority of associations in favour but there's always sh*tey politics going on too. Worth remembering that the South African FA weren't suspended because of the actions of their government, it was the actions of their FA in practicing apartheid, and Israel are on similar ground.

I'll be at Mount Florida at 6pm.

3 hours ago, PossilYM said:

I'll be at Mount Florida at 6pm.

What do you actually think about women’s football?

It wasn’t long ago you were saying no one cares about it, in the west forum. Now you’re posting here with your typical inane takes…

8 minutes ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Somedy chained to a goal post. Dawdle to get into Hampden through the coach entries

I work next to Hampden and there has been noticeably more security there all week than normal. Up until 5 minutes before kick off it seems.

3 minutes ago, Venti said:

Hope we don't have those yellow numbers in Germany.

Was thinking that too......here were are a couple of weeks away from our biggest game in decades and we are doing so in possibly our worst ever strip (only months after appearing in possibly our best ever strip for a couple of games)  It's honking

Anyway this is a bit of a stroll for the wifies