Stirling Vs The Best Team In Stirlingshire

13 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

i would hazard a guess that poster wasn't serious. 

i think you'll find that most of the regular posters on here have a pretty realistic view of where we sit.

was interesting looking back at the thread though.  props to CoveRangers72 whose prediction that there really wouldn't be much between 4th and 8th seeming to be the truest prediction of all. 

nobody predicted just how bad QOS would be. 

This is the biggest thing from those early thoughts from people. I genuinely thought ourselves, Accies and QOS would be going hammer and tongs for the title. Queens' underperformance has been disgraceful. Mirrors our own in 20/21 and 21/22 especially.

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

This is the biggest thing from those early thoughts from people. I genuinely thought ourselves, Accies and QOS would be going hammer and tongs for the title. Queens' underperformance has been disgraceful. Mirrors our own in 20/21 and 21/22 especially.

Of course, they'll go and beat us next weekend now. 😑

2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

unless we manage to injure your entire 1st XI on Saturday, i seriously doubt it.    

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

We couldn't beat Edinburgh U20's. I'm sure you'll be fine. 

Saturday will take care of itself for us, it won't define our final league position.. but we need to put in maximum effort... we just have to concentrate on ourselves, last quarter of the league...we have done ok so far, not bad for a wee part time team from Stirling.... yes we have had some poor performances, notably away at  Grangemouth & NDP... 

We need to play with no fear, intensity & desire..help each other, defend as a unit...

I think Kelty have also been dragged into this battle down the bottom half..it's going to be an interesting finish to the campaign... without being disrespectful i think ECFC have gone... our last 4 games are Kelty...QOS...ECFC...Annan....that's our direct opponents for the remainder of the season...

A team effort on Saturday & self belief can go a long way.... proud of my wee part time team...I'd be delighted if we can take a point from it...but we need to believe it in the dressing room 

C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪

11 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

not bad for a wee part time team from Stirling.... 

There is literally not a single part-time team in the SPFL that has a bigger town to themselves than Stirling. So your "poor wee us" chat doesn't hold water.

15 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

There is literally not a single part-time team in the SPFL that has a bigger town to themselves than Stirling. So your "poor wee us" chat doesn't hold water.

You support a second tier team that plays in the biggest city in Scotland. Settle down.

9 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Can you show me the "poor wee us" qoute in my post.... only reading what your head wants to think it says...

We have come up this year & for the most part gave a good account of ourselves, when we play together & for each other & self belief we do ok... I  still stand by it, we have held our heads high in this league & not bad for a wee part time club 👍

6 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

Saturday will take care of itself for us, it won't define our final league position.. but we need to put in maximum effort... we just have to concentrate on ourselves, last quarter of the league...we have done ok so far, not bad for a wee part time team from Stirling.... yes we have had some poor performances, notably away at  Grangemouth & NDP... 

We need to play with no fear, intensity & desire..help each other, defend as a unit...

I think Kelty have also been dragged into this battle down the bottom half..it's going to be an interesting finish to the campaign... without being disrespectful i think ECFC have gone... our last 4 games are Kelty...QOS...ECFC...Annan....that's our direct opponents for the remainder of the season...

A team effort on Saturday & self belief can go a long way.... proud of my wee part time team...I'd be delighted if we can take a point from it...but we need to believe it in the dressing room 

C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪

Proud of them this season as well. especially given that it was only half way through the season we started to get towards a squad fit for the division.

out of the home games, only the Alloa and Montrose defeats were ones where i really felt down about the performance.  i thought we gave a decent account of ourselves against Falkirk at home last time. 

a couple of the home draws felt like ones we should have won but that's tempered slightly by Hamilton failing to beat us in either game. 

i'm cautiously optimistic of finishing at least 8th.

i wish that Stirling being a decent sized one club town made a difference but it doesn't......

we are where we are.......

as for tomorrow, it's going to be hard work for sure but if they play like they did against Hamilton then a point isn't out of the question. 

19 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

You support a second tier team that plays in the biggest city in Scotland. Settle down.

Why on earth are you bringing Thistle into this thread? Was having it polluted by comments about Celtic not enough for you? Strange behaviour.

20 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

we have held our heads high in this league & not bad for a wee part time club 👍

Whilst Young is doing a good job and it seems like you'll achieve your aims for this season, if you're looking over a longer time frame then a part-time team from a place the size of Stirling should have survival in League 1 as a minimum acceptable placing.

Yes, it's literally "not bad", but over the last decade clubs like Alloa and Arbroath have shown you what a club from Stirling should be achieving.

It's okay for a "wee club from Stirling" but my point is that given the size of the city (and it's relative wealth) the club shouldn't be as wee as it finds itself. The Stirling fans I know would agree with me.

4 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Proud of them this season as well. especially given that it was only half way through the season we started to get towards a squad fit for the division.

out of the home games, only the Alloa and Montrose defeats were ones where i really felt down about the performance.  i thought we gave a decent account of ourselves against Falkirk at home last time. 

a couple of the home draws felt like ones we should have won but that's tempered slightly by Hamilton failing to beat us in either game. 

i'm cautiously optimistic of finishing at least 8th.

i wish that Stirling being a decent sized one club town made a difference but it doesn't......

we are where we are.......

as for tomorrow, it's going to be hard work for sure but if they play like they did against Hamilton then a point isn't out of the question. 

Well said again @WattersIsGod

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Whilst Young is doing a good job and it seems like you'll achieve your aims for this season, if you're looking over a longer time frame then a part-time team from a place the size of Stirling should have survival in League 1 as a minimum acceptable placing.

Absolutely, but after 10 years or so in League 2, watching some utter dross like Dylan Mackin and Akeel Francis (both players that Falkirk fans will remember) on a Saturday, we're realists and know that we need to establish ourselves before we can do anything else. Lots of us said it at that time, we see the club as 1 that should compete at the top of League 1 and try an punch above it's weight in the Championship from time to time, however our first season back at, what is probably our natural level, we can't start demanding that and it would be unfair on Darren Young and the board if we did.

37 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Why on earth are you bringing Thistle into this thread? Was having it polluted by comments about Celtic not enough for you? Strange behaviour.

You're literally trawling a Stirling v Falkirk thread as a Thistle fan 😂 I didn't bring Thistle into this - you did. What are you doing here?

Edited by unitedbino

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

100% agree with this.

there was a thread recently on here about where you see your club and their ambitions. i said pretty much what you said, that the short term ambition this season has to be to stay up but longer term this is the minimum level we should be at. Comfortably staying in League One next season with the ambition of getting towards being the best part time side. 

it's frustrated me for years how much we underachieved in division 2 even when we had seemingly half decent squads. Darren Young has been our only decent managerial appointment in ages and it's made a huge difference.

44 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

You're literally trawling a Stirling v Falkirk thread as a Thistle fan 😂 I didn't bring Thistle into this - you did. What are you doing here?

Come on. I didn't mention Thistle at all, I wasn't comparing Thistle to Stirling or Falkirk. This is a forum for all fans of Scottish football. It's surely a good thing when people take an interest into matches and clubs that aren't their own and develop a deeper understanding of the game in this country.

To answer your question, I saw the match thread was already three pages long and thought there might be something of interest being discussed. Plus we're quite likely to be in the same league as Falkirk next season, so I do look at their threads from time to time.

Edited by DiegoDiego

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:

Come on. I didn't mention Thistle at all, I wasn't comparing Thistle to Stirling or Falkirk. This is a forum for all fans of Scottish football. It's surely a good thing when people take an interest into matches and clubs that aren't their own and develop a deeper understanding of the game in this country.

To answer your question, I saw the match thread was already three pages long ago thought there might be something of interest being discussed. Plus we're quite likely to be in the same league as Falkirk next season, so I do look at their threads from time to time.

Why are Accies going to have a unbelievable finish & pip Falkirk to the title...Thistle getting relegated.... you just might be seeing us, this poor we  club "Stirling Albion" also if we miraculously avoid relegation 🤔🤣

I actually live in the Forth Valley, and Forthbank is much better than TFS, so I'd love for you to join us in the Championship. Last time I saw the Jags in Stirling it was the 2-2 game where we had two sent off and conceded from Zahani-Oni after 27 seconds.

If we get relegated this season, then coupled with our Dingwall bottle job last season, we would deservedly don Hibs' mantle.

We are a bit away from that..

We could do with academy producing a few viable first teamers else it's always going to be a struggle to maintain a decent enough part time squad to challenge.

Not impossible but difficult