Artificial pitch vote

Highly unlikely i know, but if we beat Celtic on Sunday, the seething mess of a breakdown by Brendan Rodgers* moaning about our pitch, should be enough for every other club in the top flight to be voting to keep them.

*and all the Celtic fans having a meltdown on X, radio phone ins etc.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Highly unlikely i know, but if we beat Celtic on Sunday, the seething mess of a breakdown by Brendan Rodgers* moaning about our pitch, should be enough for every other club in the top flight to be voting to keep them.

*and all the Celtic fans having a meltdown on X, radio phone ins etc.

Celtic fans will be too busy with their flags on Saturday to worry about the pitch.

• 1 month later...

A tiger never changes its stripes as they say. 

Should be an SPFL wide vote. Hypothetically 33% of the Premiership could be different by the time the changes are to be implemented yet the current 12 clubs have the ultimate say so. The whole thing stinks.

Posted (edited)

Quite... they should publish the explanations and evidence for this (plus cost implications - this could result in a promoted club having to spend over the odds to get their plastic park replaced ASAP... potentially repaying grants depending how it was originally financed... whilst also losing major income streams, having to obtain a new first-team training facility, and leaving a number of youth and community teams homeless).

Btw still don't see why only Premiership clubs are voting - it palpably affects members in other tiers who could be promoted?

Edited by HibeeJibee

Here we go again,not content with the old 10,000 and 6,000 seater regulations,they've found a new stick with which to beat down a certain group of unfortunate clubs who this time have laid a plastic pitch.

Remember the farce that prevented Aberdeen from being relegated and Falkirk from being promoted. 

An absolute shitshow of the highest order.........,I smell the 2 clubs who wish they existed on the other side of the Irish Sea, involvement right thru this.........

6 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Remember the farce that prevented Aberdeen from being relegated and Falkirk from being promoted. 

Well, as much as seeing Aberdeen rightfully relegated that season, it has to be remembered that Brockville was a total death trap. Someone will surely correct me, but was half of the away terrace behind the goal not deemed unsafe a few years before this?

Aye, there should have been workarounds to allow them to come up and ground share, but frankly, there should be some minimum standards for a top flight. Which equally applies to pitches. I'm not anti artificial surfaces, but I am anti piss poor artificial surfaces. Livi having bar far and away, the worst the top flight has seen.

A club coming up (say Raith) should be allowed a grace period and/or, funding to allow them to both replace with grass of the rule demands it and also, relay the surface they would have to lift if they go back down. 

Generalisation, but frankly, the standards of stadiums in Scotland pitch and stands, are miles off where they should be. Cheap early 90's stands are really starting to show their age and some very expensive fixes are looming for many clubs. 

This is total bollocks. It's not like any of us want to put up with Livingston either, so stop trying to make them our problem to deal with!

There are 6-7 weeks from playoff ending to LC starting. Even if finance + contractors readied... is that doable? at least to get a good grass park?

If not it may drive them from tier 2 too, if nobody aspiring to promotion dare risk using them - or block promotion, if do.

Posted (edited)

The sheer amount of material under rugby park would make it an impossibility to remove it all, lay the sub layers, under soil heating, drainage, root zone and seed in what?.........7 weeks.

Simply not achievable. You'll then get the inevitable moans about turf slipping etc like hampden and elland road in recent years from the very people currently moaning about the astro.

That seems to be the medium term plan but I've doubts about it........even allowing for asking for the last 2 games and first 2 games of the season to be away from home.

I took this photo while the work was ongoing........there's a layer of tarmac on top of this too.

Screenshot_20240521_081628_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Pizzo

It’s 2-3 weeks for grass to bed in, I imagine with a professional groundsman that should be doable.

As for the removal and groundwork, I’m not 100% but I think that would be the killer.

7 weeks should be enough with the perfect weather and caretaking of the grass, but that’s only if you can get get the groundwork done in under a month.