Bartley dead beats v Champions elect.

4 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Bloody hell if Mumbongo is you're biggest chance of scoring then QOTS really are in serious trouble. 

He's doing (relatively) OK on the goals front since he came in considering the fairly limited game time he's been getting. No doubt he'll soon settle into mediocrity to blend in with the rest of the squad. 

17 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

He's doing (relatively) OK on the goals front since he came in considering the fairly limited game time he's been getting. No doubt he'll soon settle into mediocrity to blend in with the rest of the squad. 

Mediocrity would be significant progress for all but very few in the squad in all honesty. 

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Aye I think the more you'll see him the less you'll want to see him tbh. 

Can't believe there are 42 points between the two sides and with 24 points still to play for very likely to be more than 50 points by season end, quite astonishing. I think I tipped Queens to finish above us this season in the league predictor, shows how much I know. The Bartley experiment has been a mitigated disaster, and most people saw it coming from very early on in the season. I'm genuinely baffled, even with the cost implications, that he is still in position.

Having said all of this, Queens have actually given us the toughest 3 games this season of all the teams in the league, with one draw and two narrow losses. I am hoping this is the game where we really turn up against them, and as McGlynn has been saying recently, give someone a "doing" that's been coming for weeks. 

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

3 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Can't believe there are 42 points between the two sides and with 24 points still to play for very likely to be more than 50 points by season end, quite astonishing. I think I tipped Queens to finish above us this season in the league predictor, shows how much I know. The Bartley experiment has been a mitigated disaster, and most people saw it coming from very early on in the season. I'm genuinely baffled, even with the cost implications, that he is still in position.

Having said all of this, Queens have actually given us the toughest 3 games this season of all the teams in the league, with one draw and two narrow losses. I am hoping this is the game where we really turn up against them, and as McGlynn has been saying recently, give someone a "doing" that's been coming for weeks. 

Not sure the QotS fans will agree with that m8.

17 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

It is indeed. As if six of the best, trousers down, from Falkirk wasnt bad enough, it will be in front of millions of tv viewers

Just when you think this total clusterf*ck of a season can't get any more embarrassing ...

Edit - think the"millions of TV viewers" might be overstepping the mark mind ... even if the Bairns are MASSIVE ...

Edited by Otis Blue

Just had a look in the Falkirk thread and they're discussing how difficult it will be to pick a POTY, we'll probably have the same problem ..............

............ but for completely the opposite reasons.

19 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:

Seriously, why does MB still have a job? U r 3rd bottom having just been relegated with a full time squad. Seems crazy he is still there.

It's fine, we have a cunning plan ...

Happy Episode 14 GIF by The Simpsons

8 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Just had a look in the Falkirk thread and they're discussing how difficult it will be to pick a POTY, we'll probably have the same problem ..............

............ but for completely the opposite reasons.

My player of the year for us has been injured since the middle of September.  Says it all.

Edited by Slipmat

18 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

GET THAT TERRACE OPENED

There's a good chance you'll virtually have the stadium to yourselves anyway ...

Another chance for Bartley to show off his own unique style of anti football live to a grateful viewing public.  Game being on TV and our car crash of a season will probably result in our lowest attendance in years.

My guess is an away support of 800-1,000. We can’t win the league this Saturday so think it won’t be as high as it may have been had that been an outside chance. TV also having an impact. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'm planning on heading to the game. Holding off getting a ticket though in the hope that the terrace will be opened 

I heard they may extend the seating allowed rather than open the terrace sadly (if needed) 

9 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'm planning on heading to the game. Holding off getting a ticket though in the hope that the terrace will be opened 

2 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I heard they may extend the seating allowed rather than open the terrace sadly (if needed) 

Be gobsmacked if they open the terrace tbh. Our stand holds around 2200, there's no chance that'll be close to being full. 

On 09/03/2024 at 21:41, falkirkzombie said:

Seriously, why does MB still have a job? U r 3rd bottom having just been relegated with a full time squad. Seems crazy he is still there.

We haven’t “just been relegated” though. We were failing at this level last season as well albeit not quite to the level of this season’s debacle.