🔴🟡Thistle vs Raith Rovers🔵⚪️ - Tuesday 12th March

Just now, Thistle_do_nicely said:

McBeth hasnt looked out of his depth i dont think, clearly a bit pissed off at how the games been going. Think ref called both fouls right in real time, but aye, fighting chance he'll get a red.

Thought McBeth looked good overall.  Lot of skillful touches.  The rugby tackling is maybe a bit out with his remit, but sometimes you’ve got to do it when the alternative is to give away a break.

Mitchell is a bit rough.

Speaking of Rough, I think Alan might be better in goal right now than any of our current crop.  

Certainly rather him there than anywhere else around the club….

Edited by Braesoyetts

1 minute ago, chris1883 said:

I have so much respect for Brian Graham - good player and a nice guy. But, is thistles game plan to just get the ball to him?

He holds the ball up better than just about anyone I’ve seen at this level.  So not a bad plan.  

Was a bit better when we had Tiffoney to spearhead some attacking runs too though.

10 minutes ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Hard to believe this is second vs third. Dire. 

Brother have you seen the nick of the rest of the teams?

Not been massively impressed with turner since he signed. He was decent at Arbroath. 

Is this the first game we've actually let him take a fk or corner though? Baffling if so. 

Edited by grumswall

6 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Think the ref was right not to send off McBeth but I'd probably still sub him as he's only one semi bad tackle away from going off. 

Just said the same thing. That's not enough for a second yellow, but he's not getting another one like it. 

Took us half an hour to realise that Thistle really don't want to be defending, and we can build up a bit of pressure by just knocking a couple of passes around. 

As expected, Thistle's movement is causing us bother. Easton and Dick don't look comfortable handing off McMillan and Lawless to one another, and that situation is exacerbated when Fitzpatrick drifts across to that wing too. 

We've defended the box well and we'll need more of that. I don't see Thistle getting stronger with the options on their bench, so hopefully we can improve as the game goes on. 

I’ve only watched about 2 minutes of this and it has involved the keeper making a terrible effort at stopping the header for the first goal and that horrendous cross. Is he really that bad?