Queen’s Park v Raith Rovers

Just back from the game.

It was a strange one - the first half was a half of two halves with Rovers dominant for 20 minutes then Queen's thereafter. Despite there being few shots, it was actually quite an enjoyable game with no hoofball and very few fouls.

Obviously we went a bit more direct once Hamilton came on and the game stretched a bit. Great save from Ferrie at the end to deny Stanton.

Overall, if it had been a boxing match, Rovers would have just edged it on points, but we took too long to show any sort of penetration. Defensively, a great shift to keep Thomas and Paton so quiet.

I've a feeling this might turn out to be a better point than it, at first, seems and if we do fall just short of United, I certainly don't think this will be a game we would say the title was lost.

2 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

im watching the game, QP the better team yous are shit

You do know what they say about people who live in glass houses don't you?

You said almost exactly what I said to a Utd fan when we were watching the game last night.

The bigger question is who's gonna be the bigger bottle merchants, after watching Jimmy Shouldwin's demeanor last night my money is on your mob.

The abuse that young Cammy Bruce was getting when he was getting brought on from the fans around me was shocking.

I was more concerned when McLeish and McKinstry got brought on yet again. What is Mcleish’s position, shown nothing in all the times that he has been brought on and runs about like a headless chicken….he is never a centre forward.

The less said about McKinstry the better

25 minutes ago, Take Me Home Cathcart Road said:

The abuse that young Cammy Bruce was getting when he was getting brought on from the fans around me was shocking.

I was more concerned when McLeish and McKinstry got brought on yet again. What is Mcleish’s position, shown nothing in all the times that he has been brought on and runs about like a headless chicken….he is never a centre forward.

Bruce was poor 

How good is Sean Welsh btw. Guy is an absolute joy in the midfield. He’d be my captain for next season 

Happy with that point. Similar feel to the Morton game where we had to withstand periods of pressure but we stood up to to the task. Wilson superb once again, still find it mad that we managed to get him for 18 months 

Subs didn’t help. I actually thought Mckinstry tried to put himself about, it was more Bruce and Turner I had concerns with. Bruce has been highly touted within the club for a few years now but I’m yet to see the hype. He’s not amazing going forward and isn’t brilliant defensively. He’s steady but has moments of carelessness which he showed in the short period of time he was on 

Turner has fell off a cliff, basically since Davidson was appointed. Just don’t think he suits the system.

With Inverness playing United and thistle away next couple weeks, those 2 points picked up from today and Thistle are proving to be crucial and potentially an opportunity to create a larger gap hopefully 

Edited by qpfc

Outwith a stinking individual performance today, Dylan Easton attempting another pathetic dive in the box really sums the guy up. Talented player but it is infuriating how often he tries to blatantly cheat 

Letters to the editor,

5 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Outwith a stinking individual performance today, Dylan Easton attempting another pathetic dive in the box really sums the guy up. Talented player but it is infuriating how often he tries to blatantly cheat 

Signed, Disgusted of Mount Florida.

4 hours ago, Dalgety Rover said:

What a weird game to give Scott McGill his first appearance in 4(?) months.

Had more of a threat than Connolly when he came on

2 hours ago, Take Me Home Cathcart Road said:

Think you're wrong about McLeish, there's a striker in there and remember he's been out for months injured...Really don't think some of our 'fans' are cut out for supporting a club with a tradition of developing young players. Jack Thomson got pelters early in his QP career and now Cammy Bruce 🤬 sure he wasn't great today but what age is he FFS? He offers more threat and ability to get to the bye line than Josh Scott whose obviously got other qualities and Bruce's goal at Starks Park is up there with one of our goals of the season...

Cammy Bruce always tends to flatter to deceive, I would have preferred Tizzard coming in for Scott and Robson going into the LWB role for the end.

I think Bruce will be gone in the summer so I don’t know why we bother giving him a game anymore. 

Just me that thinks Thomson is a better centre back than midfielder nowadays? He’s still a very valuable asset in midfield but feel like he can be a wee bit more careless with his distribution in that area. Immediately he looked superb at the back and the way he covered for Wilson late on the 2nd half after Hamilton spun him was excellent

Edited by qpfc

15 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Said the same thing last time we played Raith, but they don't half chuck themselves to the ground easily. Dylan Easton is definitely one of the most dislikeable players in Scotland

Certainly not the first time we’ve seen him fall to the ground dramatically inside a penalty area. 

ebaca759-21a0-447a-a673-f1398c09a695.jpeg.d4a3b45ea48883e1bc30bc679698000e.jpeg

Edited by an86