Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

The negligence and unprofessionalism demonstrated by Dundee Football Club, where they have repeatedly breached SPFL rules, continues to have a damaging effect on the top professional league in the country.

Ffs, Rangers just can't help themselves. Self righteous bell-ends. 

6 minutes ago, The Master said:

And, unless they have evidence of negligence, is also libellous.

Funny as f**k if Dundee sue Rangers for libel, win, and use the cash to put in a new drainage system

5 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Thing is the more I think about this the less it actually matters.  Regardless of what happens at the weekend, a point would guarantee top 6 so it's not like we need to know whether to push for a win, plus our goal difference is already the worst so it's not like trying to just limit the size of a defeat would matter either.

Dundee having a last game after Saturday definitely changes things, potentially to their advantage.

Couple of examples assuming Rangers won tonight I'd dreamt up for out thread.

If we're 0-0 v Hibs with 15 to go (don't laugh, or call it 2-2) and Dundee are losing 1-0, of course we need to risk everything and go for it but Hibs are in a wonderful dilemma. They'll know Dundee will also be risking everything for a goal so do they shut up shop for their draw and rely on Aberdeen holding on as well or do they keep pushing for a winner incase Dundee score?  

If both games are draws late on, Dundee will also know a late winner likely at Fir Park (because both will be playing 2-3-5 at this point) which means they'll probably feel obliged to go for it a bit as well (in case the goal falls for Hibs) which opens the risk Aberdeen mug them.

I'm not overly fussed because 

1) we've been shite and don't deserve it

2) I didn't think you'd lose on Saturday 

3) even if it worked out we've no chance of catching St Mirren 

4) the sheer joy of the Rangers statement 

So batter in and play next Wednesday. I am curious though, could the spfl have ordered a venue change as plan B, is that in the rules? Dundee obviously don't give a f**k about the split so there's no way they volunteer to do anything other than what they've done. 

I imagine Hibs and their fans will generally feel more hard done by than me mind.

3 minutes ago, willywastecoat said:

Lets face it,we don't want Dundee in the top six,the season will never get finished.

Speak for yourself.  The chaos when this happens to you c***s in a few weeks will be delightful. 

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Given the amount of matches postponed at Dens this season, and the closeness to the split, the sensible approach should have been taken and the match scheduled for last Tuesday. Completely different scenario from Edinburgh City v Montrose. And there was the international break between the original postponement and last Tuesday. Only someone not wanting to make Rangers play the match in the midweek leading up to the match against Celtic, would make the stupid decision to cut things so fine. Now, unless Dundee beat Aberdeen on Saturday, which is entirely possible, every team is going to be waiting at least four days longer to get their post split fixtures. 

You could say that for any game though. The fault here lies predominantly with Dundee for having an unsuitable pitch, and also for their seemingly deluded belief that their pitch would go on to be fine and that there was no need to make contingency plans. I'd say the main criticism I'd have is that the SPFL should have possibly taken it out of their hands and built in a contingency at a different stadium tonight.

There's always a risk that any game on matchday 33 could be called off anyway, and that's why the split is built around the Scottish Cup semi-final weekend. The post-split fixtures are usually out not out until Tuesday/Wednesday anyway, so as long as the SPFL are somewhat proactive I don't think there will be a delay of anything more than a day or so with that.

21 minutes ago, AJF said:

Alternatively, I would imagine if Dundee have already secured top 6, Celtic fans could argue they have nothing to play for when they meet us.

That's almost as crass as your club's statement. You don't consider Dundee going for Europe as something to play for?

1 minute ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Dundee having a last game after Saturday definitely changes things, potentially to their advantage.

If we're 0-0 v Hibs with 15 to go (don't laugh, or call it 2-2) and Dundee are losing 1-0, of course we need to risk everything and go for it but Hibs are in a wonderful dilemma. They'll know Dundee will also be risking everything for a goal so do they shut up shop for their draw and rely on Aberdeen holding on as well or do they keep pushing for a winner incase Dundee score?  

If both games are draws late on, Dundee will also know a late winner likely at Fir Park (because both will be playing 2-3-5 at this point) which means they'll probably feel obliged to go for it a bit as well (in case the goal falls for Hibs) which opens the risk Aberdeen mug them.

So batter in and play next Wednesday. I am curious though, could the spfl have ordered a venue change as plan B, is that in the rules? Dundee obviously don't give a f**k about the split so there's no way they volunteer to do anything other than what they've done. 

I imagine Hibs and their fans will generally feel more hard done by than me mind.

Dundee are very likely to lose to Rangers, and I'd imagine all three teams will be playing Saturday's game under that expectation.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

You could say that for any game though. The fault here lies predominantly with Dundee for having an unsuitable pitch, and also for their seemingly deluded belief that their pitch would go on to be fine and that there was no need to make contingency plans. I'd say the main criticism I'd have is that the SPFL should have possibly taken it out of their hands and built in a contingency at a different stadium tonight.

There's always a risk that any game on matchday 33 could be called off anyway, and that's why the split is built around the Scottish Cup semi-final weekend. The post-split fixtures are usually out not out until Tuesday/Wednesday anyway, so as long as the SPFL are somewhat proactive I don't think there will be a delay of anything more than a day or so with that.

Anyone paying even a passing level of attention to the league this season should have been able to engage common sense and schedule this for the earliest possible date. We all know/knew that Dens is more vulnerable to a call-off than anywhere else, and that should have been part of the decision making process.

Your point stands up if we just steadfastly ignore the context that we are all well aware of.

Scheduling for tonight was a poor decision and it's come back to bite the authorities.

Of course Dundee are responsible, but you can't be surprised when something that was likely to happen happens after you've failed to mitigate for it.

Just read the statement.

Rangers need to be skelped for that - you cant go round accusing clubs of being unprofessional and "breaching the rules" just cos it fucking rains.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That's almost as crass as your club's statement. You don't consider Dundee going for Europe as something to play for?

I already mentioned that I misread the points tally for St Mirren, believing they were a further 5 points ahead of Dundee than they actually are. But aye, my word choice probably wasn't the best.

3 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Fair points, hadn't really thought of the impact on your game, only ours.

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

Anyone paying even a passing level of attention to the league this season should have been able to engage common sense and schedule this for the earliest possible date. We all know/knew that Dens is more vulnerable to a call-off than anywhere else, and that should have been part of the decision making process.

Your point stands up if we just steadfastly ignore the context that we are all well aware of.

Scheduling for tonight was a poor decision and it's come back to bite the authorities.

Of course Dundee are responsible, but you can't be surprised when something that was likely to happen happens after you've failed to mitigate for it.

I can definitely accept that point of view, my issue is more the ongoing suggestion that games are *always* scheduled for the earliest possible date which is not the case at all. Clubs are always going to have a bit of input on the date of a rescheduled match too, and I would assume both were happier to take the risk here.

4 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Just read the statement.

Rangers need to be skelped for that - you cant go round accusing clubs of being unprofessional and "breaching the rules" just cos it fucking rains.

The SFA have already been contacted.

Utterly glorious. Throw in Aberdeen's VAR statement and it is a day of peak Scottish football.

If Dundee wanted to up it, they'd be out training on the pitch now in the background to the reports of the pitch being unplayable on sky.