St Johnstone vs Dundee - The Tayside Derby - 30/03/24

Hopefully beat these tedious chunts, tedium everywhere, from the beardy bore of a manager, to the fantasists and dreadful drones in their support, not to mention the tartan travel rugs and sweetie wrappers.

Just terrible.

Get them in the bin with their dirty dayglo mates.

Thank you.

Win this and we go 5pts behind the Harlem Globetrotters.

Genuinely astounding to realise that, yet it's a fact.

Big game for both. We need the 3 points to stay in contention for top 6 and St Johnstone need it to get some daylight between them and a Ross County that look to have found decent form. 

I thought we were the better overall team in the last game but St Johnstone had their chances to score. I'm expecting another close game to be honest. 

2-1 to the Dees. 

This is so much better than the last Dundee v Pennies match thread

Hats off to the Saintees trolling their Derby pish and the Derry put downs

Quality all round gents

23 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Win this and we go 5pts behind the Harlem Globetrotters.

Genuinely astounding to realise that, yet it's a fact.

Lose and you go 11 points behind.  I suspect it will take someone far better at arithmetic than both of us to work out what a draw means……..

10 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Big game for both. We need the 3 points to stay in contention for top 6 and St Johnstone need it to get some daylight between them and a Ross County that look to have found decent form. 

I thought we were the better overall team in the last game but St Johnstone had their chances to score. I'm expecting another close game to be honest. 

2-1 to the Dees. 

You’re probably putting that more politely than we deserve.

Other than the last 10 minutes of the first meeting at McD, and the first 10 minutes or so at Dens, Dundee have been the better team by a long way this season.

Blind optimism makes me believe it’ll be different this time around, but then reality kicks in and it’s hard to see how, as Dundee just look a better side in midfield and up front than us.

Still, there’s always a chance we go ahead and shitfest our way to the points, which I’d be absolutely delighted with right now.

15 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

You’re probably putting that more politely than we deserve.

Other than the last 10 minutes of the first meeting at McD, and the first 10 minutes or so at Dens, Dundee have been the better team by a long way this season.

Blind optimism makes me believe it’ll be different this time around, but then reality kicks in and it’s hard to see how, as Dundee just look a better side in midfield and up front than us.

Still, there’s always a chance we go ahead and shitfest our way to the points, which I’d be absolutely delighted with right now.

That's fair. Like I say I thought in general play and attacking intent we were miles ahead but I looked back on the highlights and St Johnstone forced two brilliant saves from Carson on the day and also hit the bar. Point being games in the premiership are always fine margins unless you get a total mismatch.

I still fancy us to win the match but expectation in football just makes you look silly.

I haven't watched much of St Johnstone but are you confident of a finish outside the playoff spot?

36 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I haven't watched much of St Johnstone but are you confident of a finish outside the playoff spot?

Hahaha... no!

So far of a settled team playing with any discernable style, it almost impossible to predict match by match, other than we won't score a lot of goals, and shouldn't concede a lot of goals.

4 - 0 dundee then.

On 17/03/2024 at 20:12, RawB93 said:

Then after that we crossed the Tay, and landit into Perth, man;
I vow it was the queerest place that e’er I saw on earth, man

Can I have the source of this beautiful little ditty please?

My only concern here is we utterly bossed Aberdeen but only managed a 1-0 victory thanks to a penalty. Hopefully we have our shooting boots on and don't get any more injuries between now and then. 

1-0 Dundee, Mellon to score and decapitate Liam Gordon in the process. 

30 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

My only concern here is we utterly bossed Aberdeen but only managed a 1-0 victory thanks to a penalty. Hopefully we have our shooting boots on and don't get any more injuries between now and then. 

Yeah, it's been our downfall this season really, striker not doing enough to score.

Glad to see you back posting quite regularly and I hope you enjoyed your time back home.

47 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Can I have the source of this beautiful little ditty please?

It's about getting a train from Dundee to Perth in the 1840s

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, it's been our downfall this season really, striker not doing enough to score.

Glad to see you back posting quite regularly and I hope you enjoyed your time back home.

Had a cracking time back home. Disappointed not to come back to Oz on the back of skelping Sevco but what can you do?

Apart from get the pitch sorted. 

24 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Probably not doing anything to help the Perth yokel reputation, but that's right on my playlist. What a tune

7 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Wait Michael Mellon? I thought he was dead? 

7 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Remarkable to think the people mentioned in that song were the last people to see Dundee win a Scottish Cup.