St Johnstone vs Dundee - The Tayside Derby - 30/03/24

44 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You won two cups in one year and are still an embarrassment.

In not one single reptutable survey/stat/analysis of Scottish football are you ranked above the mighty Dees. 

That may well be true (source required), but we've finished above Dundee every season for the last 16 (sixteen) years. Dundee may well top us this season to be fair, so fair play.

3 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Why is every thread with Dundee & Saints fans just a complete waste of time? Why bother starting one?

No one cares about your imaginary dates with someone from Perth in 1994 or what you think of the Perth town centre.

Happy to read any and all stuff about the actual football though 😂 

Worst post on the thread so far IMO.

6 hours ago, Wee jeemie said:

And I’m old enough to have witnessed something your team will never do , win the top league , and the beauty of it was , it was on your own midden that we won the league and put you guys DOON at the same time , you’ve never forgiven us for that ,

You hold on to that. 

:lol:

Can only wish my team had *checks notes* won a league 30 years before I was born, a friendly against Crystal Palace, and 800 more fans. 

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can only wish my team had *checks notes* won a league 30 years before I was born, a friendly against Crystal Palace, and 800 more fans. 

Imagine having all that time to take advantage, but yet still having less major honours than us.

4 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Why is every thread with Dundee & Saints fans just a complete waste of time? Why bother starting one?

No one cares about your imaginary dates with someone from Perth in 1994 or what you think of the Perth town centre.

Happy to read any and all stuff about the actual football though 😂 

This is why I can't fucking stand the Premiership and far prefer the Championship.

Ok, down there you have to put up with the Morton throbbers, but then you get promoted and the relief lasts only until the first fixture v's St.Mirren, Hertz, or your lot. Every single match thread is a guaranteed cesspit of idiocy, yet it's fine for the most part v's the eight other teams. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Boo Khaki

5 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Dunno, but then why are your support the self proclaimed Dundee 'haters', if we are such an irrelevance?

It's always been Dundee the place, not the club. It doesn't make that song any less embarrassing playground shite. Quite why you and your soon to be amalgamated brothers get it misconstrued is beyond me. Dundee as a club have been a complete irrelevance to me footballing and supporter wise. If push came to shove, in my lifetime(and I'm a fairly old c**t) the regions teams have been United>Saints>Dundee. With the Saints being far closer to United footballing wise than Dundee.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

It's always been Dundee the place, not the club. It doesn't make that song any less embarrassing playground shite. Quite why you and your soon to be amalgamated brothers get it misconstrued is beyond me. Dundee as a club have been a complete irrelevance to me footballing and supporter wise. If push came to shove, in my lifetime(and I'm a fairly old c**t) the regions teams have been United>Saints>Dundee. With the Saints being far closer to United footballing wise than Dundee.

Ah right, so your fellow Saintees don't sing 'We hate Dundee more than you" to the DABs?

Saying that, they are primarily from Angus right enough.

13 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Imagine having all that time to take advantage, but yet still having less major honours than us.

You're forgetting we had to compete with La Masia for a couple of years (yet still won a trophy against them).

You were competing against 50 year olds who'd just left the pub. 

22 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Can really feel the Derby fever in this thread, Dundee fans clearly buzzing for their big day out in Perth. 

Smaller, less successful, club travel to struggling, more successful, derby rivals. Smaller club are chasing the top 6 and hoping to have a "relegation party" if they win.

What could go wrong?

Sprangler out for the season + Levein publicly saying Kucheriavyi/Connor Smith were shite v Dundee but have made up for it, gives me the fear that we'll see both start and the criticism was just a front to excuse it. "They're ready to prove a point" etc.

Horrible feeling our dalliance with the back 4 is over too.

Mitov

Keltjens - McGowan - Gordon - Robinson - Gallacher

C. Smith - Phillips - Carey - Kucheriavyi 

Clark

Is what I fear.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sprangler out for the season + Levein publicly saying Kucheriavyi/Connor Smith were shite v Dundee but have made up for it, gives me the fear that we'll see both start and the criticism was just a front to excuse it. "They're ready to prove a point" etc.

Horrible feeling our dalliance with the back 4 is over too.

Mitov

Keltjens - McGowan - Gordon - Robinson - Gallacher

C. Smith - Phillips - Carey - Kucheriavyi 

Clark

Is what I fear.

Think you might be right about C Smith and Max, but can't see a situation where neither M Smith or either of the two new strikers play, particularly Sidibeh.

I think it's more likely we'll see Keltjens into Sprangler's holding position.

Mitov

McGowan - Gordon - Robinson -  Gallacher

M. Smith - Keltjens - Phillips

Clark - +1  -  Carey

Not so sure he won't stick with Considine at LCB and Robinson at LFB, depends what you could consider less risky. Might depend on the opposition of course. But can easily see a situation where one of or possibly both midfielders are dropped to make way for the golden boys as I tend to agree that's next year's plan. I'd rather he wasn't trying to work out next year's team in the midst of a relegation fight though.

Without giving Callum Davidson too much credit for his moaning, I think this year again we're seeing our garbage pitch cost us points. Being optimistic here, but while accpeting our basic passing has been absolutely honking lately I think the home surface has forced a type of play that the team and manager really don't want to play. It's an absolute disgrace of a pitch and not even in a way that gives us any advantage. IMO we do tend to play a wee bit better away from home on better (grass) surfaces.

Its's small margins though, we're still pish.

20 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

That may well be true (source required), but we've finished above Dundee every season for the last 16 (sixteen) years. Dundee may well top us this season to be fair, so fair play.

Thank you for proving me right by depending on a stat that goes back all of 16 years. 

14 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Thank you for proving me right by depending on a stat that goes back all of 16 years. 

Finishing higher 16 consecutive years is a long run between two similarly sized clubs.

And if it weren’t for Dundee’s financial doping it might have been longer.