St Johnstone vs Dundee - The Tayside Derby - 30/03/24

On 24/03/2024 at 19:53, Jamie_B said:

Would be very hard to decide who to support in that final.

Why - have you manufactured a rivalry with Aberdeen as well?

8 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Why - have you manufactured a rivalry with Aberdeen as well?

You lot miss the DABs really, and the whole of Scotland would have a great laugh at an Aberdeen relegation.

And imagine the joy if we get to relegate United again next season.

11 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

No GIF

Well according to previous posts the 'Dundee haters' song isn't about DFC and in fact just about Dundee in general so it should be a pretty easy decision for them to support Aberdeen no?

Or maybe their only song in the book is about DFC after all..

We won the league in Perth 

Fly the flag, sent them down, Fly the flag, sent them down 

Fly the flag, sent them down, Fly the flag,  sent them down

Mon the Dee 😁

30 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Well according to previous posts the 'Dundee haters' song isn't about DFC and in fact just about Dundee in general so it should be a pretty easy decision for them to support Aberdeen no?

Or maybe their only song in the book is about DFC after all..

That's like saying who you would support in an old firm final. I'd probably want Aberdeen to win but wouldn't be remotely disappointed if they got beat. It would be exact same if it were the Dees in there instead of the Arabs.

18 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

That's like saying who you would support in an old firm final. I'd probably want Aberdeen to win but wouldn't be remotely disappointed if they got beat. It would be exact same if it were the Dees in there instead of the Arabs.

If Dundee were playing Aberdeen in relegation play-off, you would be desperate for Aberdeen to win - no probably about it. The banter of Aberdeen going down would be the only softener. 

FWIW please give Utd a 6-0 in both legs when you play them in a couple months time x

39 minutes ago, Derryboy62 said:

Fly the flag, sent them down, Fly the flag, sent them down 

Fly the flag, sent them down, Fly the flag,  sent them down

Mon the Dee 😁

the-office-steve-carell.gif

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

If Dundee were playing Aberdeen in relegation play-off, you would be desperate for Aberdeen to win.

Not really, tbh.

I enjoy derby matches and Aberdeen being relegated would both be hilarious and a good FM save.

2 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

If Dundee were playing Aberdeen in relegation play-off, you would be desperate for Aberdeen to win - no probably about it. The banter of Aberdeen going down would be the only softener. 

FWIW please give Utd a 6-0 in both legs when you play them in a couple months time x

To be honest I'd probably not be bothered and wouldn't even watch it. You carry on with your opinion though....

5 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

United are awful and won’t make the final , Morton will beat them then go to Pens against the farmers in the final , should be a good penalty shoot out that one , 

31 minutes ago, Wee jeemie said:

United are awful and won’t make the final , Morton will beat them then go to Pens against the farmers in the final , should be a good penalty shoot out that one , 

Even better

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Pens_Dark said:

Id want Dundee to stay/go up. No offence meant by this, but there's a much higher chance that Dundee would be in the shit the following season than Aberdeen and the smaller clubs in the league should be looking for as many potential buffers as possible. 

If we do stay up this season as an example, there won't be many teams you can look at and think they'll definitely be down there next season. Killie are flying and have a good manager, can't see St Mirren or Dundee collapsing (which I appreciate flies in the face of what I said above) to that extent, no Livi (most likely), potentially no County and no doubt United would spend if they came up. You're left with Motherwell and whoever wins the play offs, and Motherwell have been permanent fixture in the top flight for as long as I remember.  Not easy, unless our new owner decides to throw money about like there's no tomorrow. 

Edited by Kyle

20 hours ago, tree house tam said:

That's like saying who you would support in an old firm final. I'd probably want Aberdeen to win 

Tam spending too much time with Jamama nowadays.

Was going to go through for this, but my record of watching us at the Tractordome is pretty poor. Will happily sacrifice the in-person experience for 3 points and another step on our top 6 journey... :whistle

On 26/03/2024 at 10:21, Pens_Dark said:

You’re way wide of the mark there. Most Saints fans I know enjoy the matches with Dundee and Utd and like beating them, but there really isn’t that much thought about either outwith that. It is funny watching Utd struggle when you know Utd fans who still have their opinion of utd’s standing in Scottish football based on the 1980’s.

You’ve obviously forgotten last time Dundee were battling relegation, most Saints fans on here saying they hoped Dundee stayed up. It’s a more interesting fixture than Motherwell, st Mirren, Kilmarnock etc.

Aberdeen going down would be a once in a lifetime event, so I’d probably want that to happen, though wouldn’t mind either way, and would just sit back and enjoy the panic from both sets of fans.  Plus it would mean it wasn’t us, which I’d be delighted about.

I don’t mind when Dundee come back up but strangely enough I’d prefer Utd not to, I’d far prefer Rovers to win it. Like Kyle says, it’s probably because you feel Utd would spend more and have potential to kick on, whereas up until this season, haven’t felt that way about Dundee.

16 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

You’re way wide of the mark there. Most Saints fans I know enjoy the matches with Dundee and Utd and like beating them, but there really isn’t that much thought about either outwith that. It is funny watching Utd struggle when you know Utd fans who still have their opinion of utd’s standing in Scottish football based on the 1980’s.

You’ve obviously forgotten last time Dundee were battling relegation, most Saints fans on here saying they hoped Dundee stayed up. It’s a more interesting fixture than Motherwell, st Mirren, Kilmarnock etc.

Aberdeen going down would be a once in a lifetime event, so I’d probably want that to happen, though wouldn’t mind either way, and would just sit back and enjoy the panic from both sets of fans.  Plus it would mean it wasn’t us, which I’d be delighted about.

I don’t mind when Dundee come back up but strangely enough I’d prefer Utd not to, I’d far prefer Rovers to win it. Like Kyle says, it’s probably because you feel Utd would spend more and have potential to kick on, whereas up until this season, haven’t felt that way about Dundee.

They must be the ones that don't sing 'we are the Dundee haters' then..

I'm not way wide of the mark, I would objectively like United to always be in the same league as Dundee as it's a pretty boring season without having your local rivals in there for a derby. That doesn't mean I would want to see short term pain inflicted on them in the way of relegation. Any St Johnstone fan who suggests otherwise is just pretending, otherwise they need to update their songbook.