Kelty Hearts vs Alloa

Only 4hours or so to the kick off so this must be a bit early to start a thread.

Expect an away win but it will be interesting to see how Andy makes up the front line with Bobby Wales away. LD did well on saturday starting, so may be that will be used again with Ally Roy as an impact sub later. Return of Kevin Cawley?

22 minutes ago, tryall said:

Only 4hours or so to the kick off so this must be a bit early to start a thread.

Expect an away win but it will be interesting to see how Andy makes up the front line with Bobby Wales away. LD did well on saturday starting, so may be that will be used again with Ally Roy as an impact sub later. Return of Kevin Cawley?

What's actually happened to Ally Roy? Has he been injured and struggling to get  back in the team or just further down the pecking order now? He was banging them in when he first joined you was he not. Sounds a bit like his time at QotS, looked fine, despite what Airdrie fans had predicted, scored a few but didn't feature too much after returning from injury.

36 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

What's actually happened to Ally Roy? Has he been injured and struggling to get  back in the team or just further down the pecking order now? He was banging them in when he first joined you was he not. Sounds a bit like his time at QotS, looked fine, despite what Airdrie fans had predicted, scored a few but didn't feature too much after returning from injury.

Had a quite spell after 5 in 5 so was benched , don't think he has scored since but has had a few close one's,  occasional sub appearance recently .

Not so optomistic for this one , kelty now in a relegation playoff dogfight , we need to be at our best 

A better start than at Edinburgh , We also have a lot to play for of course ,should be a good game .

Seen that the Kelty twitter has said there’s only one entrance tonight, off Bath Street, hopefully @Kelheart or @leomessi1984 can advise if that’s easy to get to from the Community Centre car park? Only ever went in the away end entrance. 

Expecting a much tougher outing than the game at the Recs. Both teams missing their under 19s starlets is a shame though. 

A win would put us in a really strong position but expecting Kelty to be scrapping for their lives as a win for them would be a pretty significant psychological boost for them against the other 3 down there. 

Always enjoy a midweek game at the Recs and expect it will feel similar tonight at New Central Park, still probably my favourite away ground in the league. 

56 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

We’ve played 1 striker since Andy took over and it’s coincided with Bobby Wales being on top form so he has found himself benched. Maybe surprisingly, Sammon more often than not is on ahead of him off the bench but I expect him to get a chance over the next few games with Wales away with the under 19s. 

By all accounts he still appears to be really enjoying his loan at the club but I’m sure he’d be wanting some more game time. Probably sets him up for a goal on Saturday!

2 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

We’ve played 1 striker since Andy took over and it’s coincided with Bobby Wales being on top form so he has found himself benched. Maybe surprisingly, Sammon more often than not is on ahead of him off the bench but I expect him to get a chance over the next few games with Wales away with the under 19s. 

By all accounts he still appears to be really enjoying his loan at the club but I’m sure he’d be wanting some more game time. Probably sets him up for a goal on Saturday!

2 already against QotS is it for Roy (up to now anyway). 

21 minutes ago, Kevchenko said:

Always enjoy a midweek game at the Recs and expect it will feel similar tonight at New Central Park, still probably my favourite away ground in the league. 

Really liked being able to walk round the whole pitch with no segregation of home and away fans at Kelty. 

I went in the home entrance by mistake last time, it was pretty easy to get to. Think from the away entrance, it's probably a 2/3 minute walk. It was pretty decently signposted if I remember.

1 minute ago, Rory said:

Really liked being able to walk round the whole pitch with no segregation of home and away fans at Kelty. 

I went in the home entrance by mistake last time, it was pretty easy to get to. Think from the away entrance, it's probably a 2/3 minute walk. It was pretty decently signposted if I remember.

Cheers, do you need to go back out to the road and walk around or is there a way to get there from the car park behind the stand?

58 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Kelty should be a few goals up. Dominated. Fear it may cost us 2nd half...

Deserved that tonight , Moore and Oware make some difference to our team , absolutely priceless 3 points 

Poor performance from Alloa tonight, never managed to get on the ball and knock it around with so many players off the pace. Having managed to get ahead in the second half and at that point looking pretty secure, conceded two really poor goals when the ball should have been cleared on both occasions. But no complaints at all, Kelty deserved to win. 

Players have been doing so well of late but we remain a work in progress and we saw that tonight. Hopefully get a good reaction on Saturday.

Edited by Waspie

Got what we deserved out of that tonight (could argue we didn’t even deserve such a narrow margin of defeat to be honest) as, bar a 10 minute spell at the start of the second half, we were god awful throughout. 

Kelty should have been out of sight by halftime and after scoring (some cross from big Morgyn Neill) we struggled to get out our half for the last 30 minutes. 

Unfortunately it was reminiscent of our early season performances - slow laborious passes across the back before an aimless punt upfield to nobody. On the rare occasion we did put it in the vicinity of Sammon he guided pretty much every flick on to a Kelty player, it was one of ‘those’ Sammon performances. Everything was just too slow tonight, too many touches and it was only really Miko Virtanen that zipped it around a bit when he came on. 

Far too many off it tonight - Scouggs, LD and Sammon in particular - and probably only PJ (and some wasteful Kelty finishing in the first half) to thanks that it wasn’t worse. 

Tuesday night form is returning. Historically I always feel the rearranged championship games being the most grim and tonight was the same. Poor pass selection. Very low on confidence at times with our decision making. Was reminiscent  of earlier on in the season where we were so disjointed. 

Only positive I can take is that we often bounce back after these abject displays and there'll not be many better teams to play next than a Queen of the South team we've enjoyed playing against in recent displays. 

Will send out Andy's interview in a bit and probably the highlights - majority Kelty - probably tomorrow morning.

7 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Will say I'm a big Ally Roy fan and think that's probably the one player I'd have in the team that Andy has overlooked. Conor Sammon has had an impact off the bench mostly this season but at 37 is not my long term answer for a striker and tonight received very little in terms of service while failing to hold the ball up to bring anyone else into play. Now Bobby Wales has had some ropey games in terms of his contribution to general play (although he'll be quiet and then just pop up and score)  but normally the wingers step up and create something. None of that tonight unfortunately.

I've had the conversation with Ally and he feels like he's been very unlucky wherever he's been that he always starts off well and falls out of the side. I hope he breaks the curse soon because he seems like a good lad too.

A very disappointing performance last night with recent form plus the last result against Kelty not so long ago. You can see the signs from very early on;  playing out slowly from the back and the eventual long punt up to the ineffective Sammon.   Not only was Sammon ineffective, but  the game plan is only about getting the ball to him. Bit like spending your time looking for buckets of water when the ship is well ablaze. The only criticism of Andy Graham in his very short managerial career is that he doesn't change things sooner.  Sammon was only hooked after we went behind and 7 mins to go. The changes after that were an improvement as we abandoned the big punt, but it was far too late.

Kelty were really fired up for this and went for it from the start. Even when they went behind they continued to battle on. Unusual incident when they equalised, there was no celebration, the ball was quickly re-spotted and they lined up to continue the fight. Knew then that the game was lost.

Couldn't make the game last night but by the sound of it we were awful.

Andy has done an absolutely brilliant job since he came in, probably much better than anyone would have expected. To win 7 out of the last 9 is excellent.

However over the last three games, two of which have been against teams in the bottom half, we have conceded eight goals.

Looking at the stats last night the midfield looked like it created very little as well.

I would bring Kev and Virtanen into the team on Saturday as it gives a better balance.

Need to pick up a decent haul of points over the next three games before a very difficult run in.