United 🟠 v Rovers 🔵 - the final top of the table clash

3 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Double jeopardy says you don’t get a straight red for denying a goal scoring opportunity if you’ve made a genuine attempt to play the ball and a penalty has been awarded.  

Whether it was a penalty or not I don’t know, haven’t seen it back, but Walsh was booking guys for that kind of thing all day.

Fair enough couldn't remember the wording etc with it. 

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Was it him watt was pointing out? Assuming you know him, tell him to stop being a massive fanny. No place for that shit, ever. If you don't, then hopefully he reads it. Was a nice catch by watt from what I'm guessing was a lighter from the same direction. 

Spoke to a few people who aren't rovers fans who where watching and they've said it wasn't a penalty and I was baffled that it was given at the time. f**k knows the rules around it now but wasn't there at one stage a double jeopardy rule? Ref was pretty horrid the whole game for both teams so not surprising he potentially fucked up twice there.

No don’t know him, was in the same area where he was.

Watt was pointing out someone who threw something after the bottle.

Same as every team these days-fair few supporters who are fannies 

5 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

And for much less - Moult for getting pulled to the ground by Murray and Sibbald for getting pushed over by Turner.

Moult got booked for booting a boy in the face and looked like it give him a concussion judging by the fact the player collapsed and had to come off. Your supporters boo’d Dick when he got kicked in the face by a trailing leg as well.

7 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Moult got booked for booting a boy in the face and looked like it give him a concussion judging by the fact the player collapsed and had to come off. Your supporters boo’d Dick when he got kicked in the face by a trailing leg as well.

Boy got booted in the face because he dragged Moult to the ground and stuck his face in the way of his boot. Clear as day to anyone paying attention. No doubt it was a sore one but entirely self inflicted.

And Dick spent the entire afternoon rolling around on the ground whenever anyone came within two feet of him. A shameless bell-end.

Edited by Pull My Strings

13 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Boy got booted in the face because he dragged Moult to the ground and stuck his face in the way of his boot. Clear as day to anyone paying attention. No doubt it was a sore one but entirely self inflicted.

And Dick spent the entire afternoon rolling around on the ground whenever anyone came within two feet of him. A shameless bell-end.

State of this. Erse.

Was very confident prior to the games, more so when I saw the team selection from Raith....(why was Hamilton not playing instead of Rudden, or Byrne instead of Turner?)  but when I noted McClelland was making a debut appearance inside young Thomson, my bravado took a wee knock, and I feel if Rovers had got an early goal United may well have collapsed. 

Watt changed that with his fine finish, and I don't think United really looked in any danger after that. 

In other matches, Raith had impressed me with their midfield performances, but that was missing today. Often this season, I've criticised Goodwin for overthinking team choices, but it appears Murray was the guilty party this afternoon.

Nonetheless, Goodwin was forced into playing an unfamiliar defence, and that turned out to be to United's advantage: no fannying about at the back from Ross Graham and Sam McClelland.

2 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Was very confident prior to the games, more so when I saw the team selection from Raith....(why was Hamilton not playing instead of Rudden, or Byrne instead of Turner?)  but when I noted McClelland was making a debut appearance inside young Thomson, my bravado took a wee knock, and I feel if Rovers had got an early goal United may well have collapsed. 

Watt changed that with his fine finish, and I don't think United really looked in any danger after that. 

In other matches, Raith had impressed me with their midfield performances, but that was missing today. Often this season, I've criticised Goodwin for overthinking team choices, but it appears Murray was the guilty party this afternoon.

Nonetheless, Goodwin was forced into playing an unfamiliar defence, and that turned out to be to United's advantage: no fannying about at the back from Ross Graham and Sam McClelland.

I get the impression Murray wanted to take the game to you today and for the first 5 minutes it looked like it was working but your entire team pressed well and in numbers and completely nullified our midfield. Watts goal changed the outlook and you took control of it. I think massive credit needs to go to Goodwin for the way the game was managed from a utd perspective. I'm probably unique in that I don't think he's a bad manager though. 

Our starting lineup was wrong and Murray getting concussed certainly didn't help us as we had to move the defence around again (a common theme for us this season). There's a reason you're paying moult, watt etc as much as you are though and today showed it. Thought your cbs where very good and actually looked better than holt and Gallagher have in recent weeks from what iv seen. Been quite impressed with Thomson as well, looks like one that should go on to be a regular for you regardless of what league you're in next season. 

Having a free Saturday, I managed to get to this game today and totally from a neutral point of view the game was totally spoiled by

a) the referee's performance and

b) players from both sides carrying out the dark arts /  "buying" fouls / cheating (delete as necessary) throughout the game.

The game became niggly and bad tempered and never really flowed due to the stop start nature as a result.

Rudden's effort off the bar was the only time I can remember Walton being seriously called into action. Stanton was moved around the midfield during the game and never had the impact his team needed him to have. Matthews or Byrne would've been a much better option in for Turner in the holding role too.

An extremely soft penalty award from where I was kind of summed up the day from Rovers' point of view.

You just know there's likely to be twists and turns before the end of the season so I wouldn't be printing the Champions tshirts either way yet.

Docherty and Sibbald won't get the credit of others in the team but their impact on the day in the midfield played a huge part in overrunning for me the strongest part of Raith's team.

Huge credit to McLelland too on his debut, never put a foot wrong albeit on a day when the opposition were limited in the attacking third.

No complaints about losing. United could have been four up at half time.

Wish we'd set up harder to beat rather than with a gung ho midfield that we then spent a large chunk of the game bypassing with ineffective long balls.

That said it might have not made a difference. United playing well have a good squad and we may still have struggled.

Was a poor game to watch that got niggly and was really stop start. 

Good to see the team getting a decent reception at full time. We didnt lose through lack of effort.

14 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Docherty and Sibbald won't get the credit of others in the team but their impact on the day in the midfield played a huge part in overrunning for me the strongest part of Raith's team.

Not sure about that. From my perspective, and most of those I speak to, it's well recognised that Sibbald and Docherty are the most important players in the team. Both consistently excellent when some others have dipped at various points.

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

State of this. Erse.

Genuinely should’ve been a free kick to United, was right in front of us.  The first of many bizarre decisions by Walsh. 

However, Walsh clearly knew Dick was at it feigning a head knock as he made him stay off the park while United attacked.  That was my view anyway. 

The chat the whole week was about United being rattled and the Raith 'noise',United weren't great, however, we where by far the better team. We never turned up yet, strolled it today, strolled it. 

16 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Not sure about that. From my perspective, and most of those I speak to, it's well recognised that Sibbald and Docherty are the most important players in the team. Both consistently excellent when some others have dipped at various points.

Sibbald is our best player by a mile 

Just now, Glen Scotia said:

Sibbald is our best player by a mile 

Docherty was outstanding today.  As was Tony Watt actually, thought he was our man of the match, not Fotheringham who may have been our worst.  Shows what the sponsors know - too much red wine. 

A big game and we actually turn up. Great result and a performance to match, wasn’t exactly sexy soccer for ninety minutes but there was effort and determination from the team today that has been missing recently. If today’s Tony Watt turned up every week we would have already won the league, such a frustrating player, it’s clear what he can offer but so often he looks like he can’t be arsed. The league wasn’t won today but I feel we could have lost it today, todays result counts for nothing if we don’t put the same effort into the remaining games. 

16 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Fair enough.

The fact that Moult and Watt get the column inches and songs over the tannoy when they score was what I was trying poorly to get across.

Holding midfielders generally go unnoticed.

Just watched the highlights and it’s poor by Moult when he kicks Murray in the face. I realise Murray is stooping slightly to head the ball but Moult can tell a head is coming to the ball and he isn’t near it with his boot. 

also the early chance for Murray I didn’t realise it was the keeper who cleared it with his leg after an awkward bounce for him just seconds before that he cleared too. Has to go down as good goalkeeping for me.

3 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

The chat the whole week was about United being rattled and the Raith 'noise',United weren't great, however, we where by far the better team. We never turned up yet, strolled it today, strolled it. 

It's the most complete performance you've had all season and there's really not much point in pretending otherwise. It was a deserved win from the better team on the day. If you'd have played like that all season there wouldn't be a title race. 

Just now, BukyOHare said:

Fair enough.

The fact that Moult and Watt get the column inches and songs over the tannoy when they score was what I was trying poorly to get across.

Holding midfielders generally go unnoticed.

Sibbald was noticeable last season as one of the few players we were happy to keep on for this season. The points won when Docherty is on the pitch, compared to when he has been injured is also really significant. You'll not find a United fan who doesn't appreciate their importance this season.

Although in every team it is always the goal scorers that get the songs & Watt and Moult are two, by Scottish standards, far better known, higher reputation players & should be nowhere near Championship, but I get what your saying, but we do appreciate their importance.