United 🟠 v Rovers 🔵 - the final top of the table clash

United have a game with Inverness first.

However, there looks to some ticketing shenanigans ongoing, so might as well start the match thread to discuss those and we can move onto the game after that.

I see we’ve sold out but we’ve been given 30% less tickets. The swines! I’ll just need to buy home end tickets.

Give us your thoughts on the ticketing situation and the game.

Edited by Scary Bear

FWIW I think common sense will prevail and we will be given the extra tickets, however it doesn't detract from the point that the way it's been done is absolutely fucking tinpot.

Would expect better from a club like Dundee Utd.

The rare games like these are why we fans of diddy teams suffer through the utter misery we more often have to live through. Poor form from Dundee Utd to deny that to a thousand Raith fans just because they are absolutely rattled. 

26 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

FWIW I think common sense will prevail and we will be given the extra tickets, however it doesn't detract from the point that the way it's been done is absolutely fucking tinpot.

Would expect better from a club like Dundee Utd.

I doubt it will be common sense that will prevail but hopefully an appeal to the SPFL by Raith Rovers who get the dabs telt to release more tickets, similar to what happened in our decider vs QP when they tried it on. Utd are clearly bricking it.

I went online at 10:10 this morning United never had ticket sale up then. I kept trying still no success. At 13;10 it was SOLD OUT. What the f... is going on at Tannadice ? They're up to something. What club would reduce ticket sales to away fans, without a genuine explanation.

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I doubt it will be common sense that will prevail but hopefully an appeal to the SPFL by Raith Rovers who get the dabs telt to release more tickets, similar to what happened in our decider vs QP when they tried it on. Utd are clearly bricking it.

It's a bit different. We wanted to move Dundee fans altogether to a smaller area of the ground, and use the terrace at Ochilview which is usually the away section for more home fans. United are outright restricting Raith's allocation in the same stand they gave them more tickets for before.

16 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

It's a bit different. We wanted to move Dundee fans altogether to a smaller area of the ground, and use the terrace at Ochilview which is usually the away section for more home fans. United are outright restricting Raith's allocation in the same stand they gave them more tickets for before.

Like I said, it was similar and QP were at it. 

28 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

What are the details of this compared to last time ?

No one knows as Dundee Utd don't appear to be forthcoming with their reasoning behind it. In December we got the full stand and were close to selling it out (think by the day of the game we were down to 50 tickets left). This time round the allocation has been reduced by about 600. Unless Dundee Utd do a U turn 30% of the stand will be empty. 

32 minutes ago, Raithie said:

No one knows as Dundee Utd don't appear to be forthcoming with their reasoning behind it. In December we got the full stand and were close to selling it out (think by the day of the game we were down to 50 tickets left). This time round the allocation has been reduced by about 600. Unless Dundee Utd do a U turn 30% of the stand will be empty. 

Is it a stand that can be segregated ? 

3 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Is it a stand that can be segregated ? 

In the sense that it could be split between home and away fans? I'm not sure, I think there's only one entrance/exit to the stand (DU fans can maybe correct me if that's the case). I don't think that's the plan otherwise Utd fans would be coming out saying they've got access to it as well. Ideally DU come out and explain their reasoning however I can't see that happening.