United šŸŸ  v Rovers šŸ”µ - the final top of the table clash

13 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

There's absolutely no justification for anyone abusing office staff, but that statement from United is absolutely reeking.

Ā 

I wish we'd laid into Celtic like this when they denied us any tickets for the league cup game a couple of seasons ago with over 35000 empty seats in Parkhead.

I mind that about Celtic now you say that, what was the reason behind it again?

6 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

If Dundee Utd do go up, itā€™ll be interesting to see if the first six rows of The Shed will be on sale to Celtic and Rangers fansā€¦

Ā  Hide contents

Of course they fu*king willā€¦

Ā 

hello Captain obvious

It is petty from United but we also need to look at the events that led us here, the new board have been a force for good no doubt about it but if you go putting out a tweet basically taking the piss out of a club the day after you have beaten them with a last minute goal then you can't then be that surprised if you don't receive much in the way of goodwill or co operation when needed later. It is the fans who are the collateral damage in this one.

24 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

It is petty from United but we also need to look at the events that led us here, the new board have been a force for good no doubt about it but if you go putting out a tweet basically taking the piss out of a club the day after you have beaten them with a last minute goal then you can't then be that surprised if you don't receive much in the way of goodwill or co operation when needed later. It is the fans who are the collateral damage in this one.

This is almost certainly the reason. Grown men who run actual football clubs being so upset by a tweet is quite funny.Ā 

42 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

If Dundee Utd do go up, itā€™ll be interesting to see if the first six rows of The Shed will be on sale to Celtic and Rangers fansā€¦

Ā  Hide contents

Of course they fu*king willā€¦

Ā 

Operationally it may not been possibleĀ 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This is almost certainly the reason. Grown men who run actual football clubs being so upset by a tweet is quite funny.Ā 

Ā 

The notion that one tweet has caused Dundee United to decide to miss out on Ā£10,000 of potential earnings is most amusing.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I'd be laughing my tits off if I had actually managed to get a ticket.

26 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Iā€™ve just been informed that Dunfermline have Arbroath away next weekend. Trains there and back should be a good laugh.Ā 

And Falkirk could win the league at Montrose next Saturday.

Uniteds explanation well, isn't an explanation. According to United Raith know the reason why allocation has been cut. Why don't Raith then come out and tell their fans the reason? Seeing as it is Raith fans that are missing out Or does the narrative that United are "rattled" suit Raith?Ā 

I'd imagine the reason Raith aren't saying what the reason is, is because the reason your chairman gave them is the same gibberish he spouted in the press and nobody can make head nor tail of it.

Edited by stevoraith

12 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I'd imagine the reason Raith aren't saying what the reason is, is because the reason your chairman gave them is the same gibberish he spouted in the press and nobody can make head nor tail of it.

Not sure why the onus should be on us either. If I was a United fan Iā€™d be wanting to know exactly why the club are turning down Ā£10K of income.

Edited by Enigma

36 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

Uniteds explanation well, isn't an explanation. According to United Raith know the reason why allocation has been cut. Why don't Raith then come out and tell their fans the reason? Seeing as it is Raith fans that are missing out Or does the narrative that United are "rattled" suit Raith?Ā 

Yon Luigi boy came out with the reason. I'd guess this is the reason we were told as well.Ā 

3 hours ago, jasperellon said:

Iā€™m surprised that the BBC didnā€™t get this match moved to be on TV.

Iā€™d imagine they are running out of games they can show at both Tannadice and Starks Park as we have featured a lot this season.Ā