United 🟠 v Rovers 🔵 - the final top of the table clash

23 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

If you're phoning up a ticket office and abusing the staff on the other end you're a c**t imo. 

Is probably fair, from the initial statement, to the tweet shared above, to the Interviews by Barrowman it's just stoking those tensions up needlessly. 

Tl;Dr, don't be a dick and abuse office staff eh? 

100% agree, I was as angry about the situation as the next person but there’s just no need to abuse someone who has not made any of the decisions and is just trying to do their job. 

I must admit, I’m getting a bit uncomfortable about the noise Raith are making about this now. 
The initial statement was fair enough, if a bit unnecessary but the manager and Chairman talking about United being ‘rattled’ is not helpful. 

I think we just need to keep a lid on it now, act with a bit of decorum. 
Letting fans know if we’re still pushing for more tickets is fine but much more than that is just unhelpful at this stage. 

5 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I must admit, I’m getting a bit uncomfortable about the noise Raith are making about this now. 
The initial statement was fair enough, if a bit unnecessary but the manager and Chairman talking about United being ‘rattled’ is not helpful. 

Letting fans know if we’re still pushing for more tickets is fine but much more than that is just unhelpful at this stage. 

I can understand the reaction. I wouldn’t like us to just roll over and let United tickle our tummies here. I’m glad we haven't just shrugged our shoulders and meekly accepted season ticket holders, fans who’ve been home and away all season, being locked out of a game where there will be empty seats.

11 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I can understand the reaction. I wouldn’t like us to just roll over and let United tickle our tummies here. I’m glad we haven't just shrugged our shoulders and meekly accepted season ticket holders, fans who’ve been home and away all season, being locked out of a game where there will be empty seats.

Agree to a certain extent, I’m glad we’ve made our displeasure clear but I don’t think speculating on United’s reasons for it and saying it’s because they’re rattled is helpful. 
We’ll all come to that conclusion due to the lack of credible explanation from United so a dignified silence on the matter would be my stance from now on if I was in the Rovers boardroom. 

There's absolutely no justification for anyone abusing office staff, but that statement from United is absolutely reeking.

I wish we'd laid into Celtic like this when they denied us any tickets for the league cup game a couple of seasons ago with over 35000 empty seats in Parkhead.

Edited by Specky Ginger

7 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

have to say I've really came to dislike Rape Rover this year with their shitey twitter posts. We are due a win against you so hopefully its next weekend.

If you and some Dunfermline fans get so upset with twitter posts stop fukin reading them then and stay off SM

Edited by Rovers_Lad

3 hours ago, stevoraith said:

100% agree, I was as angry about the situation as the next person but there’s just no need to abuse someone who has not made any of the decisions and is just trying to do their job. 

Decorum my arse, rattle the tinpot shitebags a bit more. 

10 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Nobody should be abusing anyone who is just doing their job. I will point out, however, the bizarre way United put the very limited tickets on sale didn't help. Not giving information was not helpful. They should have put something out stating "The first block will go on sale at £10am, the second at 10:30, the third at 11:00am etc." And also stated that the online ticketing system was the only way to buy tickets.

I don't like United cutting our ticket allocation - it is petty. But where they have failed is providing any information what so ever. If it was crystal clear what was going to happen, the vast majority of these complaints wouldn't have happened.

In terms of the managers getting involved. Clearly that is just journalists trying to find a story. I don't have an issue with Andy's initial statement, but any follow-ups needed to be much more muted. The Dundee United follow-up by Luigi Capuano was odd in my opinion. Lots and lots of words with not actually much content. He really should have just stated that the decision was made, no more tickets will be sold and the situation is unfortunate.

When can we start concentrating on the football?
'mon the Caley Thistle!

12 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Anyone care to explain what this gibberish is supposed to mean?

”We played them in December, the demand was there from them and at that point, operationally, we were in a position to give them what we gave them in the West Stand [Shed] and that was fine.

In the lead-up to this game, operationally, that has changed for us.”

Politician's answer. Say a lot without saying anything.

What is the actual reason why the allocation has been reduced?

Were there security problems at the last game when Raith visited?

This is a great opportunity to fill a Championship stadium to capacity for a crucial match. 

It beggars belief that clubs can afford to have stadiums with empty seats when they are running up huge debts year on year. 

I thought Dundee United were a top professional club with appropriate CCTV and security to deal with such events. This is a club that was in a UEFA tournament very recently. 

It’s a fcuking shambles. 

9 minutes ago, Molotov said:

What is the actual reason why the allocation has been reduced?

This hasn't been disclosed.

9 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Were there security problems at the last game when Raith visited?

No.

10 minutes ago, Molotov said:

This is a great opportunity to fill a Championship stadium to capacity for a crucial match. 

It is.

It beggars belief that clubs can afford to have stadiums with empty seats when they are running up huge debts year on year. 

Absolutely.

I thought Dundee United were a top professional club with appropriate CCTV and security to deal with such events. This is a club that was in a UEFA tournament very recently. 

Yep.

It’s a fcuking shambles. 

I think we all concur. 

1 minute ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Its very simple:

20240323_090700.thumb.jpg.b070a70f39898c8e0dd87a3761072e42.jpg

See? 

Wtaf does that fcuking mean?

Apart from getting the word “operational” in 5 times. 

“In the lead up to this game, operationally that has changed for us?” What has?

Spit it out you fcukin cretin Capuano.

“Luigi has over 15 years experience at senior project management and operations level in elite football - having worked previously in high-level roles for the Scottish FA, UEFA and the SPFL.”

But can’t manage a game against Raith Rovers FC?

This cnut should be kicked out of Tannadice by United fans.

He is costing your club money and no doubt happily taking a 6 figure annual salary. 

Just now, AUcal said:

Just saw the Rovers ticket sales number, pretty poor from them I thought considering the magnitude of the game, disappointing to see.

Good work. Will get a few imo. 

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Its very simple:

20240323_090700.thumb.jpg.b070a70f39898c8e0dd87a3761072e42.jpg

See? 

As a United fan I am bemused by this but Capuano has stated he told Raith what the operational reason was but neither in Raith's statement or Ian Murray's comments mention what the operational reason was only they dont agree with ticket reduction and in Murray's case United are ''rattled' I get they may not agree with the ticket reduction but why omit the reason they were given. I don't think it is just United who are lacking transparency here.

48 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Just saw the Rovers ticket sales number, pretty poor from them I thought considering the magnitude of the game, disappointing to see.

Yeah saw that. Bit surprised they couldn't get more supporters going considering it a chance to be in the top flight since the 90's I think.

Cant be the interest I suppose.

Edited by Arab_R_us