United šŸŸ  v Rovers šŸ”µ - the final top of the table clash

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

St Johnstone v Dundee

Arbroath v Dunfermline

Dundee United v Raith Rovers

Montrose v Falkirk *

I doubt the police have issued the word 'lockdown' to the clubs, but the SFPL fixture list for this Saturday at 3pm* is likely to have availability of the constabulary stretched, mostly in their minds, but perhaps in reality given the decline in behaviour surrounding some matches recently.

Unfortunately, clubs have to listen to them.Ā 

*Ā edit to add, Montrose/FalkirkĀ  game is 5:30pm, which may create further issues.

Ā 

Ā 

The East Coast mainline should be a hoot.

1 hour ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I reckon there is no chance the police have restricted numbers of away fans due to other local games, given Falkirk have been offered 2500 tickets plus another 1000 if needed by Montrose.

Potentially Dundee Station at about 6pm might see Raith and Pars fans bumping in to each other but I dont see a massive Pars support out.

Tannadice is a proper ground that can and has a track record of holding several thousand away fans without issue, so I really think its down to United deciding to allocate us less tickets.

What has happened is United have locked down home sales to avoid away fans in the home end... again Im doubtful thats on police orders but I guess its possible.

Fair enough: we'll agree to differ. United have made an arse of things, closing down the Fair Play this season is shown up as an error for this match.Ā 

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

It's Police Scotland: somebody in Tulliallan Castle will potentially be commanding each clubs' Safety Officer to restrict access to parts of their grounds, with little attention to common sense.

But I'm guessing it's more about limiting the number of fans travelling around the area, perhaps at key points like Dundee Station. And, of course, although stewards are utilised inside the grounds to lessen police involvement, the police have responsibility to ensure safety outside the stadium.

If it was either Glasgow twin visiting, matches wouldn't be treated with such heavy hands.Ā 

I'm pretty sure that if it was the police trying to limit numbers, both Rovers and United would have said so and expressed their disappointment.

The number of fans in the station and city centre is likely to be miniscule in the grand scheme of things.

Ā 

The ticket thing is madness. Can understand United wanting to minimise the number of Rovers fans in the ground but doing that is also stopping more casual United fans and neutrals from taking in the game. Total stupidity. This game should be a showcase for lower league football and could have been close to capacity. Ā 

1 hour ago, FitbaSupporter said:

The ticket thing is madness. Can understand United wanting to minimise the number of Rovers fans in the ground but doing that is also stopping more casual United fans and neutrals from taking in the game. Total stupidity. This game should be a showcase for lower league football and could have been close to capacity. Ā 

It goes right to the heart about football being for and about the fans. Some people in the Dundee United ivory tower, sorry boardroom, seem to have forgotten that.

I would start Rudden because I think we would need the height up front. I think there could also be a place in the staring XI for Kyle Turner. I feel the game could get a bit heated and his delivery from free kicks would be beneficial. I think I would start Easton ahead of Vaughan, simplyĀ  because I feel Lewis adds something extra when he comes on and is a great player to have with fresh legs. Hamilton has to be on the bench - bringing him on will bring a reaction from the United supporters which could have as big as an effect as his tackle.

For once, it's nice to not be trying to second-guess what b*****dised back-line we will see.

1 hour ago, chris1883 said:

I would start Rudden because I think we would need the height up front. I think there could also be a place in the staring XI for Kyle Turner. I feel the game could get a bit heated and his delivery from free kicks would be beneficial. I think I would start Easton ahead of Vaughan, simplyĀ  because I feel Lewis adds something extra when he comes on and is a great player to have with fresh legs. Hamilton has to be on the bench - bringing him on will bring a reaction from the United supporters which could have as big as an effect as his tackle.

For once, it's nice to not be trying to second-guess what b*****dised back-line we will see.

Would we not require Hamilton starting for that to be the case?Ā 

Nick Walsh appointed as the Ref, which is interesting as heā€™s slimming from the Premiership for this. Only called two other Championship games all season, DU v Ayr and Ayr vs DUā€¦seem a little strange he got those two, but I guess itā€™s theoretically a more competent official.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Nick Walsh appointed as the Ref, which is interesting as heā€™s slimming from the Premiership for this. Only called two other Championship games all season, DU v Ayr and Ayr vs DUā€¦seem a little strange he got those two, but I guess itā€™s theoretically a more competent official.

Sent off Dick vs Hibs earlier this season, oversaw our bodying of Motherwell last season and was in charge for the 4-4 draw against Hamilton two seasons ago. A very mixed bag of games there.

I think the bookies odd on us for this game is a true reflection of our chances here.

Weā€™ll need to play very well and have things go for us to get something from the game.

Murray has been known to do some weird and wonderful things to his starting 11 and team selection this season and I just hope he gets it right.Ā 

Montrose giving Falkirk 3,400 tickets (which we've already sold more than 2k of) for a game just up the road on the same day shows United's decision has nothing to do with the police and everything to do with them shiteing the bedĀ 

9 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Montrose giving Falkirk 3,400 tickets (which we've already sold more than 2k of) for a game just up the road on the same day shows United's decision has nothing to do with the police and everything to do with them shiteing the bedĀ 

Thanks for your expert insight. Or are you simply hijacking this match to have a crowd w**k?Ā 

19 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

How many fans will be at Tannadice roughly? And how many will be at Montrose roughly?Ā