United 🟠 v Rovers 🔵 - the final top of the table clash

15 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I’d imagine they are running out of games they can show at both Tannadice and Starks Park as we have featured a lot this season. 

Mad to think our first home live televised game was only in the last ten years or so.

20 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I’d imagine they are running out of games they can show at both Tannadice and Starks Park as we have featured a lot this season. 

They only have one more game at Tannadice, and they're keeping it for the final day.

Which based on current form will be where Thistle win the title.

25 minutes ago, Ray Patterson said:

They only have one more game at Tannadice, and they're keeping it for the final day.

Which based on current form will be where Thistle win the title.

🤣🤣

Why can't the two clubs get together (ignoring puerile comments from both) and just get this sorted.  Huge game on both sides (after today's draw for DU) surely common sense should prevail, or is that too much to ask🙄

7 hours ago, stevoraith said:

I'd be laughing my tits off if I had actually managed to get a ticket.

Mauling your mammaries is maybe a tad extreme but I ,and countless others, feel your frustration nonetheless!🫣

The fact that Utd kept stating it is because of 'operational' reasons they cannot give more than the allocation is a clearly an attempt to save on stewarding and policing costs. Combine that with the fact that since the last game United had their backs up about Raiths social media activity it all points towards just a petty attempt at a f**k you right back. 

Should be able to see beyond all that nonsense though and make as much of a spectacle for this game as possible with a full crowd. 

You can't just come out and say 'well our situation has changed since the last game where we gave you the full stand' when there is supply and demand for tickets.

The ticket situation is a complete shambles and a real shame for a few reasons.  Lots of Rovers fans missing out on the opportunity to see our biggest league game in years with no apparent good reason for it.  It's also denying the chance to pack out the stadium for the biggest championship game of the season so far.  United's ticketing restrictions have almost certainly robbed some neutrals of the chance to go along to this too (assuming they haven't changed their stance on new accounts getting tickets in the home end) which I care a lot less about to be honest.

Doesn't look like anything is going to change on this now so let's try to move on to the game itself.

United are clearly struggling just now, especially at home (well apart from against Arbroath but thankfully they don't play them again).  The booing at HT on Saturday was brilliant to hear on open all mics.  The atmosphere in the home end is likely to be tense from before kick off.  No doubt some of the fans will try to lift the team, but an early Rovers goal and the place will be toxic.  Hopefully, this adds even more pressure onto the players.

Our own form is interesting just now.  We've gone from being a team who score plenty but concede lots too, to being a team who doesn't score too many but is really hard to score against.  3 clean sheets in a row is an incredible turnaround from where we were earlier in the season.  I suspect we'll continue to play a bit deeper in this one to try to protect the defence.  United will probably put us under a lot of pressure but this could make them vulnerable to counter attacks.

Our players will be well rested for this and we should have pretty much a full squad to choose from other than Ashcroft.

As one of the lucky fans who managed to get a ticket for this, I'm already feeling that mixture of excitement and nervousness you get before a big match.

Let's be fair United are a shambles at the minute and if we can't capitalize on this with a win on Saturday we don't really deserve to win the league. Goodwin and the board will be absolute shitting themselves going into Saturday and If we go on to beat them on Saturday Tannadice will be the most toxic ground in Scotland that day and can't see us losing the title after that because no doubt united will Implode after our social media on Saturday Night.

5 minutes ago, Rover1883 said:

Let's be fair United are a shambles at the minute and if we can't capitalize on this with a win on Saturday we don't really deserve to win the league. Goodwin and the board will be absolute shitting themselves going into Saturday and If we go on to beat them on Saturday Tannadice will be the most toxic ground in Scotland that day and can't see us losing the title after that because no doubt united will Implode after our social media on Saturday Night.

United should actually do the decent thing and just let us win because Scottish Football fans deserve to see the poster we will undoubtedly have lined up for twitter if we do win.  It might even get rid of Goodwin too so even the United fans should want it.

4 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

United should actually do the decent thing and just let us win because Scottish Football fans deserve to see the poster we will undoubtedly have lined up for twitter if we do win.  It might even get rid of Goodwin too so even the United fans should want it.

Hopefully something to do with how Tin-Pot a club they are 🤣

Didn’t even think about that.

You just know after the ticket fiasco that if we get a result that our social media team are going to go over the top with posters and videos.

I’d love to see it. Not convinced Goodwin would survive a defeat on Saturday though. 

37 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

1 hour ago, AllanJM said:

Genuinely believe that United would manage to f**k up 'letting' a team beat them.

Thought I'd try my luck at phoning up and buying a ticket for United end. Was told anyone who hasn't bought a ticket in last two years couldn't buy one. When I tried my excuse of having worked abroad for the last two years the woman said "Sorry we can't. The police have told us to put this game on lockdown" 🤣wtf.

I wonder how many genuine neutrals or lapsed United fans have been denied tickets. Anyone know if you can buy tickets from stadium without providing registered email address?

23 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Thought I'd try my luck at phoning up and buying a ticket for United end. Was told anyone who hasn't bought a ticket in last two years couldn't buy one. When I tried my excuse of having worked abroad for the last two years the woman said "Sorry we can't. The police have told us to put this game on lockdown" 🤣wtf.

I wonder how many genuine neutrals or lapsed United fans have been denied tickets. Anyone know if you can buy tickets from stadium without providing registered email address?

United have had an absolute shocker with this

1 hour ago, RR #1 said:

"Sorry we can't. The police have told us to put this game on lockdown" 🤣wtf.

Tayside police have heard that Jack “The Ripper” Hamilton might be playing. Almost killed the United goalie in the last match.

2 hours ago, RR #1 said:

The police have told us to put this game on lockdown" 🤣wtf.

St Johnstone v Dundee

Arbroath v Dunfermline

Dundee United v Raith Rovers

Montrose v Falkirk *

I doubt the police have issued the word 'lockdown' to the clubs, but the SFPL fixture list for this Saturday at 3pm* is likely to have availability of the constabulary stretched, mostly in their minds, but perhaps in reality given the decline in behaviour surrounding some matches recently.

Unfortunately, clubs have to listen to them. 

edit to add, Montrose/Falkirk  game is 5:30pm, which may create further issues.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

1 hour ago, RR #1 said:

Dundee polis bottling it too? Madness.

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Dundee polis bottling it too? Madness.

It's Police Scotland: somebody in Tulliallan Castle will potentially be commanding each clubs' Safety Officer to restrict access to parts of their grounds, with little attention to common sense.

But I'm guessing it's more about limiting the number of fans travelling around the area, perhaps at key points like Dundee Station. And, of course, although stewards are utilised inside the grounds to lessen police involvement, the police have responsibility to ensure safety outside the stadium.

If it was either Glasgow twin visiting, matches wouldn't be treated with such heavy hands. 

I reckon there is no chance the police have restricted numbers of away fans due to other local games, given Falkirk have been offered 2500 tickets plus another 1000 if needed by Montrose.

Potentially Dundee Station at about 6pm might see Raith and Pars fans bumping in to each other but I dont see a massive Pars support out.

Tannadice is a proper ground that can and has a track record of holding several thousand away fans without issue, so I really think its down to United deciding to allocate us less tickets.

What has happened is United have locked down home sales to avoid away fans in the home end... again Im doubtful thats on police orders but I guess its possible.