United 🟠 v Rovers 🔵 - the final top of the table clash

50 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

59 minutes ago, Glen Scotia said:

How many fans will be at Tannadice roughly? And how many will be at Montrose roughly? 

How many times have United hosted a sellout crowd compared to Montrose in recent times ? 

If United can handle thousands of old firm fans they can handle 1900 Raith fans.

No idea how this is going to go.  7 points from 9 is a pretty generous return for us so far, Utd have had spells where they have controlled the game - first half at Tannadice and part of the 2nd half last time.

Didn't think we'd be in a position where a draw suits us, but after Saturday that's the case, so it will be interesting to see how Murray approaches it.

1 hour ago, Glen Scotia said:

How many fans will be at Tannadice roughly? And how many will be at Montrose roughly? 

I hope that’s not an attempt to intimate that the Police limited the total amount of tickets United could sell. 
Because that sounds ludicrous. 

If the police are happy with 3400 tickets going to Falkirk fans at Montrose I can’t think of any logical reason they are the ones telling United to knock 600 off the allocation they safely hosted 3 months ago. 

36 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I hope that’s not an attempt to intimate that the Police limited the total amount of tickets United could sell. 
Because that sounds ludicrous. 

If the police are happy with 3400 tickets going to Falkirk fans at Montrose I can’t think of any logical reason they are the ones telling United to knock 600 off the allocation they safely hosted 3 months ago. 

There's a good reason for that. It's complete nonsense. 

United go into the game knowing only a win will do.  That would put us 4 clear and Raith would have to win their game in hand and make up two points because of the goal difference.

A draw potentially puts it in the hands of Raith.

But setting up for not to lose can sometimes be counter productive. You are caught between two minds.

All comes down who deals with the pressure better on Saturday and thereafter.

1 hour ago, Sugar_Army said:

United go into the game knowing only a win will do.  That would put us 4 clear and Raith would have to win their game in hand and make up two points because of the goal difference.

A draw potentially puts it in the hands of Raith.

But setting up for not to lose can sometimes be counter productive. You are caught between two minds.

Look, United [on paper] are favourites. I think every person with any grain of knowledge of football knows that United have the best facilities, team, budget etc. so they are deservedly favourites. But it's football... so who knows what will happen. I am really looking forward to the game - or I would have been, if United were willing to sell me a ticket.

In my mind, this came will not decide the title. I honestly believe both teams will drop more than 3 points after this game on the run-in. So, yep, it's important - but anyone who thinks the season ends on Saturday is more than deluded.

And talking about pressure - I do think it will be more telling with how the United team deal with it. Being at home, in their current form and with a demanding home support - it is United who have more to loose, and a higher requirement to prove themselves. 

2 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

Thats a good point. A lot of the time it is easier to chase than to try to hold on to something. 
Rovers so far have performed better when chasing than when we’ve been top. 

1 hour ago, chris1883 said:

Look, United [on paper] are favourites. I think every person with any grain of knowledge of football knows that United have the best facilities, team, budget etc. so they are deservedly favourites. But it's football... so who knows what will happen. I am really looking forward to the game - or I would have been, if United were willing to sell me a ticket.

In my mind, this came will not decide the title. I honestly believe both teams will drop more than 3 points after this game on the run-in. So, yep, it's important - but anyone who thinks the season ends on Saturday is more than deluded.

And talking about pressure - I do think it will be more telling with how the United team deal with it. Being at home, in their current form and with a demanding home support - it is United who have more to loose, and a higher requirement to prove themselves. 

That is why I added thereafter. 

While Saturday can give either team a big boost it is by no means over.  I too think both teams will drop points on the run in and it will come down to who holds their nerve best.

As for the tickets.  It does seem to be bit of a fiasco.   I would be fuming if I was a Raith fan but could not get one at what will possibly be one of the biggest games of the season.

Just now, Sugar_Army said:

I would be fuming if I was a Raith fan but could not get one at what will possibly be one of the biggest games of the season.

For me the frustration is that in December the suggestion was the Fairplay would be available if required as well as the Shed. 

We're a diddy team and there's often a few hundred of us at away games. If we had the two stands I think we could of brought 2500/3000 to this game. 

If we had been given 1340 tix in the Fairplay and the Shed was for home fans then I'd say fair enough, but for fans to miss out for empty seats is a nonsense. 

Ah well its done now. On to the game. No idea what to expect score wise.

We have had a couple of wonder strikes in this fixture this season. Easton at Tannadice and Brown at Starks. They say things come in threes so I’m looking for a winner from 40 yards from Stanton

5 hours ago, Tiger Driver said:

Train prices are a joke so I'll be driving from Glasgow for this one.

Any recommendations on where to park? I know there's a Q Park in the city centre but it's a fair walk from the ground.

If you are up early enough (say 1.30 ish) park on Stathmartine Road/Moncur Crescent/Dens Road.  You will be near the end for away fans 

If you can get in Frews bar, it is a real football pub with a decent pint (but the owner Jimmy can be funny about away fans sometimes) then you will be fine, but there a few other pubs nearby.   It is 5 mins to the ground.

Screenshot_20240328_040918_Maps.jpg

Edited by Sugar_Army

3 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

If you are up early enough (say 1.30 ish) park on Stathmartine Road/Moncur Crescent/Dens Road.  You will be near the end for away fans 

If you can get in Frews bar, it is a real football pub with a decent pint (but the owner Jimmy can be funny about away fans sometimes) then you will be fine, but there a few other pubs nearby.   It is 5 mins to the ground.

Screenshot_20240328_040918_Maps.jpg

I'd seen in the ICT match thread about a decent sized free car park on Catherine Street, is that an option as well?

16 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

How many times have United hosted a sellout crowd compared to Montrose in recent times ? 

If United can handle thousands of old firm fans they can handle 1900 Raith fans.

Too much for poor Luigi to deal with. 

IMG_6483.thumb.jpeg.c888664e556d010155c3db7b0eba87f6.jpeg

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Speaking of Raith wonder strikes, who was the one that ended our record unbeaten streak with an absolute cracker?

Allan Walker, some ping that was. 

2 hours ago, Raithie said:

I'd seen in the ICT match thread about a decent sized free car park on Catherine Street, is that an option as well?

There is a car park on Catherine St but it is relatively limited and I am unsure how it fills on match days as I always come from the opposite end of town.  It is also at the opposite end where Raith fans will be.

Clepington Road is another area with on street parking.

If you park around about Frews there are a couple of boozers as well as a Tesco Express, a Greggs and a Chipper/Pizza place if you want some grub before or after.

Enjoy you day out, but not with 3 points.

Edited by Sugar_Army