United 🟠 v Rovers 🔵 - the final top of the table clash

1 minute ago, da_no_1 said:

As does Uniteds' ticketing policy

Just now, North West said:

Seems like my comments are provoking the right people. 

Similarity into...... Etc

Sniping away on a Dundee Utd v Raith Rovers thread. Hate the Rovers more than you like the Pars…

1 hour ago, chris1883 said:

3 games played.
2 Rovers Wins.
1 Draw.
0 United wins.

How come so many of the United fans keep rolling out the "we've been unlucky" cart? With those stats, that's not unlucky. Even if United win this match (and we know United's stile - 💩 🛏️), their win rate against us would be 25% - which is atrocious.

You get that in leagues teams struggle against certain other sides. Raith have been United bogey team this season while we have been able to dish out hammerings to Partick Thistle. Raith have struggled against bottom club Arbroath, a team we have put 17 goals past this season.

The bottom line is both United and Raith have amassed a big points total so far in Championship terms, granted we have a goal difference of +23 more which also tells a story.  I do get that Raith fans are really hyped up for the upcoming games and I love this narrative that we are running scared and will amazingly counter  it by a few hundred less Raith fans at the game.  

Edited by arabdelic

I managed to get tickets for this but it was a complete shit show. As I've seen described by others, it was like a game of whack-a-mole with seats appearing and disappearing everywhere.  I was lucky enough to refresh the screen just as another section was released.  Doing it section at a time when it was obviously going to sell out was ridiculous.

As for the reduced allocation, it all just seems a bit petty to me.  I've seen some United fans claim it was a police request but surely the clubs would've confirmed that to stop all of the nonsense.  Also, it would be a daft decision anyway as it would likely lead to Rovers fans being in the home end.  The fear of that seems to have resulted in United fans now not being able to buy tickets either due to restrictions on the ticket site.

What this does mean is that the atmosphere in the shed next week (regardless of whether the other 600 tickets are released or not) will be incredible.

10 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

You get that in leagues teams struggle against certain other sides. Raith have been United bogey team this season while we have been able to dish out hammerings to Partick Thistle. Raith have struggled against bottom club Arbroath, a team we have put 17 goals past this season.

Absolutely... but we have been rank-rotten against Arbroath and they clearly knew how to play against us. Maybe we have been unlucky in elements of those games, but I accept that Arbroath won those games, not down to luck, but because they played a better game on the day than us. The point I am seeing regurgitated over the internet by United fans is that in all 3 games we have played against each other... we have simply been lucky to clock up two wins and a draw. Consistency is not luck.

We do all have bogey teams - you are right. But I think you need to ask yourself why they are a bogey team. Is it all down to 'luck'? Unlikely if you manage to come away with one point out of nine. I know Arbroath have had the better of us this season simply because they have played the right game of football against us (other than that fluke of a goal from their keeper!). Maybe we are your bogey team because we are under your skin?

In terms of the goal difference. Our defence (until lately) has been pretty poor. So our game plan for a large part of the season was to simply score more goals than the opposition. So our conceded rate is pretty high and our win margins small, but they have been wins.

In fairness, Arbroath have put in two 15 minute spells to get 4 points in games where we've dominated. 

If we're talking about bogey teams, Airdrie fully deserve that mantle. Pretty much every Rovers fan is sick of the sight of them.

Surely should have been easy enough for United to say "Following discussions with police and stewards, we have taken the decision to not sell tickets for the front section of the Carling Stand. This area will be roped off for safety reasons and any fans attempting to sit in this section will be removed" or something. Seems an easy out.

6 minutes ago, chris1883 said:

Absolutely... but we have been rank-rotten against Arbroath and they clearly knew how to play against us. Maybe we have been unlucky in elements of those games, but I accept that Arbroath won those games, not down to luck, but because they played a better game on the day than us. The point I am seeing regurgitated over the internet by United fans is that in all 3 games we have played against each other... we have simply been lucky to clock up two wins and a draw. Consistency is not luck.

We do all have bogey teams - you are right. But I think you need to ask yourself why they are a bogey team. Is it all down to 'luck'? Unlikely if you manage to come away with one point out of nine. I know Arbroath have had the better of us this season simply because they have played the right game of football against us (other than that fluke of a goal from their keeper!). Maybe we are your bogey team because we are under your skin?

In terms of the goal difference. Our defence (until lately) has been pretty poor. So our game plan for a large part of the season was to simply score more goals than the opposition. So our conceded rate is pretty high and our win margins small, but they have been wins.

I dont think it is down to luck you have beaten us the last 2 games. You deserved the Tannadice win. At Starks United should have won that game. Leaving aside the first Raith goal was offside for most of the 2nd half United looked like the only team that was going to win it until that wonder strike. But that wasnt down to luck it was United inability to score in the 2nd half and make their domination count. 

3 minutes ago, arabdelic said:

Leaving aside the first Raith goal was offside for most of the 2nd half United looked like the only team that was going to win it until that wonder strike. But that wasnt down to luck it was United inability to score in the 2nd half and make their domination count. 

People completely forget Josh Mullin had two of the best chances in the game in the first half. One went just past the post and the other was a one on one. United had a lot of possession but I can't really recall them doing too much until after we got our second goal when Dabrowski was forced into a good save. With that said, I've not watched the highlights since the weekend after the game.

47 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Sniping away on a Dundee Utd v Raith Rovers thread. Hate the Rovers more than you like the Pars…

Actually, we don't even hate you.......

13 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Surely should have been easy enough for United to say "Following discussions with police and stewards, we have taken the decision to not sell tickets for the front section of the Carling Stand. This area will be roped off for safety reasons and any fans attempting to sit in this section will be removed" or something. Seems an easy out.

Spot on. I get they don't have to give a reason however it would be nice if they did. 

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Spot on. I get they don't have to give a reason however it would be nice if they did. 

Exactly. And this is the maddening thing. They literally just need to say "the reason there is a reduced ticket allocation is for the purpose of fan and player safety". The fact they have said nothing is just making it worse. It looks like the Courier have asked Goodwin and he dodged the question. It is, at least, nice to know the United manager is being asked about there poor decisions. Might help with the rattling. 

On a side note. The reported "sell out in 2 hours" is nonsense. Each block sold out in about 3-5 minutes. The only reason it took 2 hours was the staggering of the blocks going on sale. The allocation sold out in 20 minutes, this would have been about 5 or under if all tickets went on sale at the same time.

2 hours ago, chris1883 said:

3 games played.
2 Rovers Wins.
1 Draw.
0 United wins.

How come so many of the United fans keep rolling out the "we've been unlucky" cart? With those stats, that's not unlucky. Even if United win this match (and we know United's stile - 💩 🛏️), their win rate against us would be 25% - which is atrocious.

Can we compare results against Arbroath to add some context?