United 🟠 v Rovers 🔵 - the final top of the table clash

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

I have no reason for expecting a United win, and for them to f*ck it up again shouldn’t be a surprise.  On the other hand, I said before the Pars game that I’d a bad feeling and I was proven right (even more right than I expected), but this morning I feel United are gonna win  

I am similar.  All the signs point to a defeat, draw but for some reason 3-0 United kept popping in my head last night as I slept. 

Team to finally get there finger out and Moult, Watt and Fotheringham to come good.

I need to go lie down again and have a re-think.

Madness!

1 hour ago, Aladdin said:

We'll lose. Any combination of two factors from it being a big game with a big support, live on TV or at Tannadice guarantees it. 

It's been that way since 2014. Perhaps even earlier since the spine of Dods, Webster, Wilkie, Gomis, Flood (1st spell) etc moved on. Not the best footballers but would do everything they could to try and win a game.  We might have had better players since then but not the same mentality. 

Ive always had the big crowd, team don't turn up attitude, however, we have turned up with big crowds at home and away. It does happen. Keep faith and back the lads 

2 hours ago, spot on said:

Doubt you will have much bother with the Falkirk fans at lunch time, they don’t kick off until 5.30 🙄

Hopefully Hamilton drop points and they win the league before they even get to the game.

58 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

We're trying our best to stay doon ourselves tbf. Have faith in us.

Not feeling confident Sir?

6 minutes ago, Girth said:

Not feeling confident Sir?

The 99% confidence rate of the Rovers fans, in a fair universe, would usually ensure they'll end up disappointed. I can't bring myself to believe it though.

5 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

We're getting pumped 2-0 today. Rubbish performance and Watt sent off for diving after being booked for diving.

I dreamed Watt will get sent off today. Can't remember if it was for diving but I'm not fussy about the reason. He's a detestable mink.

I think a Rovers win is inevitable here. With their strength in depth they will be able to change things later on in the game and grab the win if they aren't already comfortable.

Our only hope is being a couple up at half time imo (in my opinion) but I can't see it with the imbecile Goodwin messing around with formations to fit in competition winners like that Alex Greive.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

You're rivalling our own @TxRover with such forensic, scientific analysis.

Careful, I use 2 * in f**k, nae one.

Given the way things have gone this season, scientific analysis of results has been blooming useless…and forensic analysis of both our sides defeats has been kicking a corpse and swearing. Regardless, it makes for a very interesting league and has made todays match one the BBC probably will bitterly regret not being willing (or able, given their reserving a DU game for the closing Friday night) to broadcast.

10 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

We're getting pumped 2-0 today. Rubbish performance and Watt sent off for diving after being booked for diving.

With 16 of our 17 wins being by one goal, seems unlikely. With Nick Walsh in the middle, seems unlikely. That being said, this season is littered with teams owning another (Airdrie getting 1 of 12 from Ayr, etc), so winning this, and then shitting the bed versus Airdrie and Arbroath would be on brand.

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

But they will need 3000 trains to take them up so should be arriving throughout the day.

2 hours ago, Girth said:

Yes, but there's 5 million of them. 

Jealous 🥲

44 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Hopefully Hamilton drop points and they win the league before they even get to the game.

Ideal.

United's behaviour in the run up to this game has been absolutely embarrassing. I hope the Rovers give them a proper hounding today. Good luck!

1 hour ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

I hope all the Dunfermline and Dundee fans in here enjoy the game today.  Hopefully their teams will be playing next week and they have something to focus on

There will be more Fun fans trying to get United v Raith on their Firestick than actually at their own game.