United 🟠 v Rovers 🔵 - the final top of the table clash

Dundee Utd have put out a statement that they’re working with Police Scotland about the incident to give them information and acknowledging that Rovers have identified the fan.

So it is being dealt with. 

15 minutes ago, Toby said:

I’m not sure they will be at all.

Raith might prove me wrong, and fair play to them if they do, but going by their statement, it looks to me like they’ve taken the decision to ban the fan and leave it at that, rather than hand their details onto Police Scotland.

If they were to seek criminal charges, as they absolutely should, the correct course of action would be to suspend the fan pending a police investigation, so as not to prejudice any potential court case, before banning them for life on the conclusion of the case.

Instead they look to have taken the easy way out, banning the fan and moving swiftly on.

If the fan faces criminal charges, any lawyer worth their salt would surely point to Raith’s decision to impose a ban on them as prejudicing the case- basically deciding on their guilt before the court process has taken place.

I suspect Raith have done this clown a favour by merely banning them instead of handing their details over to the authorities. I’d like to be proven wrong.

It will be very disappointing if this is the case. 

2 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Dundee Utd have put out a statement that they’re working with Police Scotland about the incident to give them information and acknowledging that Rovers have identified the fan.

So it is being dealt with. 

This is good news. I hope they make an example of this person, and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law 

15 minutes ago, Toby said:

I’m not sure they will be at all.

Raith might prove me wrong, and fair play to them if they do, but going by their statement, it looks to me like they’ve taken the decision to ban the fan and leave it at that, rather than hand their details onto Police Scotland.

If they were to seek criminal charges, as they absolutely should, the correct course of action would be to suspend the fan pending a police investigation, so as not to prejudice any potential court case, before banning them for life on the conclusion of the case.

Instead they look to have taken the easy way out, banning the fan and moving swiftly on.

If the fan faces criminal charges, any lawyer worth their salt would surely point to Raith’s decision to impose a ban on them as prejudicing the case- basically deciding on their guilt before the court process has taken place.

I suspect Raith have done this clown a favour by merely banning them instead of handing their details over to the authorities. I’d like to be proven wrong.

Raith haven't named the fan banned, so it won't prejudice anything. If someone is charged then there is nothing to say they are the person who is banned.

It's exactly the same as what the Pars did in Jan when they identified those responsible for attacking a Raith fan and banned them immediately, those cases are now going through the courts.

A club doesn't need to reach the same level of proof to ban someone as a court does to convict them. Theres no reason for the club not to ban them immediately.

You either have a really poor grasp of the law or are desperate to somehow paint us, identifying and taking immediate action as a bad thing.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

What, pointing out your pronouncement is irrelevant due to events? No, sir, you are silly.

Caught, banned from Starks Park, and I’m sure Police Scotland will be looking into the matter. So why don’t you move over to the Raith vs Ayr thread to continue your incessant braying.

Calm down. If the thug has been caught then I reiterate, fantastic.

I'll move over to any part of the forums as I see fit, but thanks for the advice. 

24 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Raith haven't named the fan banned, so it won't prejudice anything. If someone is charged then there is nothing to say they are the person who is banned.

It's exactly the same as what the Pars did in Jan when they identified those responsible for attacking a Raith fan and banned them immediately, those cases are now going through the courts.

A club doesn't need to reach the same level of proof to ban someone as a court does to convict them. Theres no reason for the club not to ban them immediately.

You either have a really poor grasp of the law or are desperate to somehow paint us, identifying and taking immediate action as a bad thing.

Yes, that’s absolutely what’s happening, here.

No lawyer on the planet would draw a correlation between their client being banned from following Raith Rovers for an incident that they’re in court for, and Raith Rovers pre-judging the case, whether they named them or not.

Give your head a wobble. Sometimes, even though they’re your favourite football team, it’s possible that Raith can do wrong from time to time.

I’d have thought you lot, above all others in this division would understand that.

4 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Finally, someone who understands that the old “innocent until proven guilty” is strictly a thing IN a courtroom and WHILE under consideration by a jury or judge. At any other time, that phrase is irrelevant.

Yon Morton fan sounds like the same guy slavering on Rovers Twitter post about this. Nae c**t got injured/died, the boys been found, banned and Utd are assisting the police. Hopefully it'll be a deterrent to others. 

6 hours ago, Wacky said:

This is good news. I hope they make an example of this person, and prosecute to the fullest extent of the law 

Send for Blair McNally.

The throwing of a flair incident at the St.J v Dundee game at the weekend. Why are St.J on Tuesday still looking into who it was? Surely the guy holding the flair (which is designed to be seen for miles around) is a clue and should have been dealt with there and then. 

7 hours ago, Toby said:

No lawyer on the planet would draw a correlation between their client being banned from following Raith Rovers for an incident that they’re in court for, and Raith Rovers pre-judging the case, whether they named them or not. 

In theory if a jury was aware of the case they would know someone had been banned for throwing a missile. They would have no idea if that was the person up in court or not. 

On 01/04/2024 at 09:19, adamntg said:

They did start the season with a 14 game unbeaten run, that’s quite consistent. 

Truth is both Rovers and United have produced the kind of points tally that would usually win you the league. 

I have enjoyed this season watching the championship. But I feel  the proposal of 3 x 14 leagues would have good , UTD & Rovers both in the Premiership, would have been good? but it was voted down. Pity both have shown to be good enough, but that's Scottish football for you. 😏

On 03/04/2024 at 01:18, tazz1903 said:

I have enjoyed this season watching the championship. But I feel  the proposal of 3 x 14 leagues would have good , UTD & Rovers both in the Premiership, would have been good? but it was voted down. Pity both have shown to be good enough, but that's Scottish football for you. 😏

In which case they'll both come up.

It isn't so they won't. 

12 hours ago, hk blues said:

In which case they'll both come up.

It isn't so they won't. 

I would like a 14 team Premiership , with City clubs in it , like Glasgow 2 , Edinburgh 2, Dundee ,2 Fife 2 . 👍 

10 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

Why the NEG -  DA Baracus

I don't like the idea of a 14 team Premiership.

10 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

There' are no cities in Fife though?

Yes there is.