Stirling v Montrose. Charlie gave our manager 90’

24 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Felt we deserved that.

Took an age to come but felt that we had enough to deserve it today.

Can't beat a last minute winner.

Can't grudge that.

Montrose were shite today. And I'm surprised it took so long for Albion to score.

26 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

What a goal to win the game!!! The relief it brought and I’m delighted for Young Offord.

I thought we were once again, very poor on the ball, but thankfully for us, Montrose were also poor and pretty unadventurous, but when you give nothing away defensively and you work hard as a solid unit, then you always stand a chance and that’s exactly what happened.

I just can’t understand why we constantly hit the ball away and give it straight back to the opposition team. 2 bits of quality, a phase of in the first half and the phase of play for the goal aside, it was so predictable and and so wasteful. I really feel for Carrick at times because he just has nothing to work with and very little in the way of support.

Though Young was slow to change it, what Leitch and Hilson were doing to justifying staying on, I do not know, and Carrick seemed to be playing much of the Second Half with an injury. When the changes were made, I was delighted though. Thought Spence and Offord gave us the energy and spark that had been missing upfront and McPeak had options.

He was given sponsors MOTM, and I said it a few weeks ago, but I really hope we can keep McPake for next season, he really is a fantastic player at this level and he offers us so much.

As I said, on the ball, I thought we were poor for long periods of the game but left Forthbank a happy man and delighted for the players involved.

McPake is going to St Johnstone next year..

I thought that we were pretty poor today but thankfully Montrose were awful, as said we were solid at the back & never looked troubled, Pab's always leads well & plus points for Cammy today he did well  👏 

Geach is definitely struggling at times, gives it away aimlessly..

Leitchy had a repeat of last week, very poor, Hilson was a bit stop start, Banner was just Banner, Crane did ok & McPake was definitely our out ball...

Carrick does unbelievable amounts of running, never stops, but at home & in our situation he needs help up there...

I thought DY again waits far to long with the subs IMO 

It's still too passive & we give the ball away far to easy,, thankfully against a poor team today they just gave us it straight back 

Thankfully fresh legs & a bit of urgency to try win the game especially with other results going against us.... energy from Spenny & Offord took effect straight away, Carrick was absolutely shattered, Hilson & Leitch toiled 

Took me back to Stenny last year with the injury time goal Spenny, round of applause 👏👏 great composure & vision..played it inside nicely to Offord & composure & touch to settle himself & finish beautifully ⚽

Absolutely brilliant 👏 👌 

Not the best performance but fantastic result....also brings Kelty back into the scrap...

Really pleased for young Kieran Offord....been asking for you to get a chance as i see you have something different...take confidence from today...well done 

Great time to score the winner...let's build on it now 👍 

There was absolutely nothing in the match until the final 20 minutes or so when we started to turn the screw. Eye-bleedingly bad from both teams until that point. But we certainly upped the urgency towards the end (did the players maybe know the scores at Alloa and Annan?) and deserved it in the end. McPake is quality. I'll be surprised if he's around next season, but will settle for him helping to keep us up this season. Spence showed great composure for the winner. 

I was disappointed in both sides. I expected Montrose to have more going forward than they did and for a long time it looked like a contest in ineptitude between two teams, at threatening the opposition goal and gifting the ball away.

We were slightly getting the better of it, but I always felt nervy of being the ones who would end up losing a late goal. Thankfully Spence and Offord put that fear to bed.

The standouts for me were all at the back. Cammy, Jo Jo and Pabs. McPake is clearly a gifted player, but tries to do too much on his own and needs to cut it out. Jack worked his socks off and I'm not getting the criticism there. Kyle Banner and Crane battled all game, but the passing all round was poor, Either the ball given away, or players played into trouble.

Offord looked sensational when he came on, so Hilson starting before him does seem a bit off

A vital 3 points, but I get why the overall display has not inspired confidence. 6 games left and we have to play better than that to ensure survival.

Cammy Clark would have been my man of the match. Great performance especially first half.

Lot of slack passing in midfield with Banner probably the worst culprit

Montrose struggled to really create anything and I was quite surprised how bad they were.

We really didn't get going either. It was all mostly a bit huff and puff. Thought that header from the corner that was cleared might have been over the line.but hard to say. I was really starting to think that was our chance.

Spence coming on seemed to allow us to go a bit more direct. Just delighted to get there really especially the way the other results went.

11 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Lot of slack passing in midfield with Banner probably the worst culprit.

He seems like a nice lad (I know he's popular in the dressing room) and did well for us last season, but I'm afraid Kyle just isn't good enough with the ball for this level. It just bounces off him too many times.

Sometimes it's all about the results at this time of the season...today proved that...especially the way other results went...

Leitch & Banner continuously give the ball away though...Hilson huffs & puffs 

Thought that was probably Cammy's best game this season 👏

As said previously the defence did well,kept it tight against a poor Montrose team,,never troubled BC in goals...

Was surprised & disappointed Milne was the only casualty from last week's horror show...have been crying out for Offord to be given a chance...I'd still like to see him upfront alongside Carrick..he has pace & eye for goal, he's a natural striker, defenders hate pace & alongside DC we can be more offensive rather than sitting in & giving the ball away...better teams will punish us..

McPake definitely is talented & I'm thankful we have him for the rest of the season, he's been good for us & we have been good for him...off to St Johnstone next season 😏 Avril Levien was in attendance today also..

Anyway after the low of last week to the last minute high from today given the results of other games it doesn't harm us & it draws Kelty back into it..

DY just doesn't like making changes...it was crying out for it today... I  get why he played Banner as we only have Crane defensively minded..but his passing is awful at times...missed a great chance too...Leitch is another guilty of giving it away cheaply,, couldn't understand Hilson starting either,,but the manager is the manager...surely Offord has proven a point today...give him a chance upfront with Carrick 

3 points gladly accepted today 

Offord deserves a start next week. When McPake was moved more central I think that could be a more impactful role for him than out wide where he tries too many stepovers etc. Saw DY passing a note onto Crane during a subs change and things improved from there on in. Montrose were poor I thought but well supported by their young team particularly the lad who felt the need to take his top off and challenge fans from afar.

Anyway 3 pts much needed after last week and onto Cove next week (not going to manage that one).

Anyone sample the pie of the week? Chicken pakora I think. Almost forgot the Montrose sub (12) sporting the most awful/wonderful permed mullet. Should that be allowed?

Edited by SA45

Possibly one of the worst games of football I've seen in my life. Both teams were very poor,  the Mo slightly poorer.

Only bit of skill seen on the day resulted in the goal. Stirling deserved the win.

Bit of shit housery at the back of the stand though. We were pelted with stones throughout the second half by young bawbags outside. 

58 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

He seems like a nice lad (I know he's popular in the dressing room) and did well for us last season, but I'm afraid Kyle just isn't good enough with the ball for this level. It just bounces off him too many times.

I love Kyle too. Can't help but have an affinity for those that come through.

His equaliser against Hamilton is still probably my favourite moment of the season.

I agree. The step up has been a bit much for him.

1 minute ago, PortyMo said:

Possibly one of the worst games of football I've seen in my life. Both teams were very poor,  the Mo slightly poorer.

Only bit of skill seen on the day resulted in the goal. Stirling deserved the win.

Bit of shit housery at the back of the stand though. We were pelted with stones throughout the second half by young bawbags outside. 

Could see something like that was happening. Saw presumably same wee bawbags trying to chase the supporters bus afterwards being pursued by police and stewards....

1 minute ago, PortyMo said:

@PortyMo i wondered what was going on at the stand,, no place for that & bang out of order...

Club have issued a statement in relation to the incident,,

little neds haven't got a baw hair between them,, have no place at our club & action's like those mentioned aren't welcome,,

this kind of stuff needs weeded out & stronger action taken,, we don't need it & we don't want it,, apologies you had to endure it...

hopefully the cctv has identified the culprits & action is taken accordingly 

1 hour ago, SA45 said:

Offord deserves a start next week. When McPake was moved more central I think that could be a more impactful role for him than out wide where he tries too many stepovers etc. Saw DY passing a note onto Crane during a subs change and things improved from there on in. Montrose were poor I thought but well supported by their young team particularly the lad who felt the need to take his top off and challenge fans from afar.

Anyway 3 pts much needed after last week and onto Cove next week (not going to manage that one).

Anyone sample the pie of the week? Chicken pakora I think. Almost forgot the Montrose sub (12) sporting the most awful/wonderful permed mullet. Should that be allowed?

Chilli chicken pakora pie was magic.

That mullet was unbelievable. Belongs ina decade way before he was born....

I saw the note being passed too. We did improve a bit from there. Mcpake can be a bit frustrating end product wise. I think you are right. His ability to take the ball in tight spaces could make him useful centrally.

The young Montrose fans need to find someone who can actually play that drum

Edited by WattersIsGod

1 minute ago, WattersIsGod said:

McPake can be a bit frustrating end product wise. 

He's a bit ball greedy, but he gets a pass from me because he's the only player we have who consistently drives at opponents and makes things happen on his own. Yeah, he's a bit cocky (gallus probably a kinder word), but we needed someone like that! We were a bit too nice in the first half of the season - McPake and Crane have helped with this.

3 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

He's a bit ball greedy, but he gets a pass from me because he's the only player we have who consistently drives at opponents and makes things happen on his own. Yeah, he's a bit cocky (gallus probably a kinder word), but we needed someone like that! We were a bit too nice in the first half of the season - McPake and Crane have helped with this.

He ie definitely a bit greedy but gets a pass from me too.

A lot of the time there is no obvious ball for him and either his team mates don't keep up or aren't on the same wavelength.

Its certainly given us something I think we've lacked since kai fotheringham tbh with that ability to go by a man so easily and open things up.

9 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

He ie definitely a bit greedy but gets a pass from me too.

A lot of the time there is no obvious ball for him and either his team mates don't keep up or aren't on the same wavelength.

Its certainly given us something I think we've lacked since kai fotheringham tbh with that ability to go by a man so easily and open things up.

I do think McPake has made a difference though, he's definitely confident in his own ability, sometimes tries to do a bit to much, think it's followed him a bit through his career, but I'd still have a ball greedy McPake in my side than the previous player in the position,, Milne 😉......

McPake can go past someone & take the ball in... doesn't always come off but he's been more productive than Milne has ever been..

Credit for bringing him in, he's obviously used us as a shop window for his career & it's worked for him & we have benefitted to from it so good luck to him 👍

Thought Cammy had a solid game today, one of his best this season 👍

1 hour ago, PortyMo said:

I believe you!  I could tell something was going on but wasn't sure exactly what, as the said bawbags couldn't be seen from the west stand for the east wall.   I could see a handful of young Montrose fans throwing something behind that wall.  Presumably some of the stones they were being pelted with.

I did see some of them running away from that area when I left the ground. The oldest looked about 15 or 16 and the rest between 12 and 14 some dressed in black hoodies.  The oldest was shouting abuse and challenging adult Montrose supporters to fight, while running backwards away from them. More a fannybaws than a bawbag.

I'm sorry mate. I'm absolutely sick of this group's behaviour and hope they can be identified and barred for good.

Edited by WC Boggs
Typo