Stirling v Montrose. Charlie gave our manager 90’

i didn't enjoy the last midweek game at all.....

we were awful that night. that and the Alloa game have been the only home games where i was bitterly disappointed in our performance level

we really need to start picking up some points.  our home performances have been generally decent but we've drawn a few we should have won and that's left us still in the battle for the relegation playoff. 

Don't expect too many changes line up wise. I guess right back will depend on Geek's fitness after going off injured last week. 

i expect the same formation wise with the 3 central midfielders. I thought Lewis Milne was poor last week but we spent a lot of time without the ball and pressing/tackling isn't his strength. i expect him to retain his place. 

Really looking forward to this game, have said on here before that I have a wee soft spot for Stewart Petrie and I admire the job that he has done at Montrose over the years.

However, I also really want to win it to stave off the threat of 9th place, especially with Kelty Hearts picking up 3 (unexpected??) points against Alloa during the week.

We've been really Jeckyll & Hyde this season, none more so than putting up an admirable fight against Falkirk 2 weeks ago, only to crumble at Hamilton last week. I hope we see our good side again on Saturday, we keep the ball down and we play some nice football whilst showing the fight, grit and determination that we all know we have.

Will need to be much improved after the Hamilton horror show last week. DC not getting much support and spends a lot of the time tirelessly pressing. IMO some places up for grabs but don't think DY will change too much. Anyway, just for fun...

lineup.png

Hopefully keep our unbeaten run going but we'll have to be a whole lot better than we were last week. It's our away form that's got us where we are in the league. Only 3 away defeats so far and all by 1 goal. Optimistic that we can keep it going to keep pushing for a play off place. Hoping for a good crowd down from the Mo.

I don't know what was worse...our last home defeat to Montrose or our shocking passive performance against Accies last week 

As previously mentioned we have generally been alot better at home, but let a few points slip lately with draws or last minute defeats 

Listening to DY's interview after Accies game i hope a few words were exchanged & sorted out..

Ok.....I've been a harsh critic of Lewis Milne....& for me he's been a poor signing & maybe some think harsh but again OMI & here's why...he just refuses to defend, if he's in the vicinity he tries to pass the responsibility on or step away & hopes nothing comes of it, never challenges in the air, doesn't make a tackle or take a tackle... when he was playing wide left, he cut inside every time, couldn't go past anyone & left Cammy high n dry at times....bearing in mind Cammy isn't the most reliable & certainly wasn't helped by Milne,, when cutting inside it was generally square or back, slowing it down, which gives/ gave opponents time to track/mark runners (DC) when tried out wide right (QOS) at Palmerston he did exactly the same, exploited out wide....so DY in his stubborn way refuses to drop him, moved him inside into a midfield 5....he did ok for a couple of games (giving him credit) until last week at NDP he was awful...because the game was all Accies possession & we was defending deep he had zero impact or what seemed intrest, spent the game hiding until subbed...that was unacceptable...now i have said he's probably a decent player in another team, more dynamic...but we don't have room for a luxury like that,,why i say he's playing in a team with no position for him....he doesn't have the stomach for a fight, it's just not his game,, & when we are playing a 5 man midfield with 4 attack minded midfielders it's more noticeable when defending...we have Callum Crane trying to hold the middle of the park,, oh how we miss Ross Davidson in their beside him, no disrespect to Banner,,transition is so laboured & defensively niave playing the 5 in midfield we are too exposed in behind 

Hilson for me has also been stop start,, i expected more maybe when knowing he was coming from the championship dropping down to league 1 with us,, just hasn't made the impact i thought, 1 goal this season....on Saturday he was just chasing shadows...

Again IMO to get the best out of DC he needs help upfront, he's always better as a 2 upfront,, he runs himself into the ground,, I've always liked young Kieran Offord...he is & we signed him as a striker,, give him a chance,,he showed us something away at Annan,, pace & direct until we resorted back to hoof ball 

So I'm hoping that we go back to a 4-4-2 against Montrose 

I think Scouse might end up at RB tomorrow 🤔 

I would like 2 changes & 1 enforced 

Scouse for Geach 

Offord up top in place of Milne 

Moore/Rudi in place of Hilson 

4-4-2

&  i hope BC has been working on his distribution from feet...it's a big weakness 

Anyway just my thoughts...love my team...just want to erase last week & see the lads show that passion,desire & fight...don't be afraid or passive... we are good enough if we believe.. Pab's get them going from the 1st minute...let's go for it on the front foot,,hard graft & let's get a victory,, C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪

On 21/03/2024 at 13:02, Dumb yatt said:

Enjoyed our last two meetings. Looking forward to this one.

Clarification required on my part. I don’t follow Stirling to wallow in defeat. I like to choose, when we are humped.That is why I didn’t travel to NDP.

The last meeting of Stirling and Montrose, 4 points separated the teams. After that match I felt I had watched a team that was the best of the also rans.
 SP still has them ticking along.

On 21/03/2024 at 18:10, SA45 said:

Will need to be much improved after the Hamilton horror show last week. DC not getting much support and spends a lot of the time tirelessly pressing. IMO some places up for grabs but don't think DY will change too much. Anyway, just for fun...

lineup.png

@SA45 so I'm going 4-4-2 formation today 

3 changes, 1 enforced tactical 

Scouse for Geach as the enforced 

Offord & Moore for Hilson & Milne 

With Offord & DC upfront 

Moore off the Right & McPake off the left 

Crane sitting & Leitch in front of him 

1 hour ago, Beepee67 said:

@SA45 so I'm going 4-4-2 formation today 

3 changes, 1 enforced tactical 

Scouse for Geach as the enforced 

Offord & Moore for Hilson & Milne 

With Offord & DC upfront 

Moore off the Right & McPake off the left 

Crane sitting & Leitch in front of him 

@SA45 1 change from last week Banner for Milne 

God help us 

3 minutes ago, BazMac said:

Anyone got any Sam Bird news?

Can only think that, like the supporters, Darren looked at the back ground of the player and liked it enough to sign him…..but since rocking up, simply doesn’t fancy him. 

Scunner!

Crumb of comfort is that other results went our way but really disappointing nonetheless.

Were we as toothless as the BBC stats suggest? (Not that they are in any way a reliable indicator.)

Edited by Brummo

What a goal to win the game!!! The relief it brought and I’m delighted for Young Offord.

I thought we were once again, very poor on the ball, but thankfully for us, Montrose were also poor and pretty unadventurous, but when you give nothing away defensively and you work hard as a solid unit, then you always stand a chance and that’s exactly what happened.

I just can’t understand why we constantly hit the ball away and give it straight back to the opposition team. 2 bits of quality, a phase of in the first half and the phase of play for the goal aside, it was so predictable and and so wasteful. I really feel for Carrick at times because he just has nothing to work with and very little in the way of support.

Though Young was slow to change it, what Leitch and Hilson were doing to justifying staying on, I do not know, and Carrick seemed to be playing much of the Second Half with an injury. When the changes were made, I was delighted though. Thought Spence and Offord gave us the energy and spark that had been missing upfront and McPeak had options.

He was given sponsors MOTM, and I said it a few weeks ago, but I really hope we can keep McPake for next season, he really is a fantastic player at this level and he offers us so much.

As I said, on the ball, I thought we were poor for long periods of the game but left Forthbank a happy man and delighted for the players involved.