🔴🟡PTFC vs ICT🔵🔴 - 30th March 2024

13 minutes ago, Walter said:

Fitzpatrick broke down the wing, looked up and saw no one in support so headed for the corner hoping to get a throw-in/corner. Not to waste time. 

In your opinion. He also was taken off after said passage of play so maybe there was a logical answer we both missed at the time?

I just hope he's not picked up a knock.

8 minutes ago, Walter said:

ICT had almost total possession from the moment Kerr was sent off but I can't remember them making a real goal scoring opportunity. In fact...did Mitchell have to make a save all afternoon? 

That could be a copy and paste of much of the last few months. 

We just don't have the flair to make the difference when it comes to the fine margins our style of play requires. 

2 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

I actually thought that was a fairly comfortable win. It wasn’t fun to watch, but if the game was still going on I doubt ICT would’ve scored. We had the best chances (if not that many) while I don’t remember Mitchell making a save of note, nor them missing any decent chances. Suddenly being defensively very solid means we can get away with a lacklustre showing in midfield /attack.

On balance I definitely thought we deserved the win anyway 

The only chance they had I can think of is when Kerr put it wide while McBeth was down injured. He should’ve been scoring that.

Other than that, it was pretty comfortable stuff for us defensively as you say. 

As much as Inverness were more dominant, apart from the Kerr chance (he should’ve scored) they didn’t really trouble or test Mitchell. Luke McBeth was tremendous once again in defence and I think Milne was probably the other stand out for Thistle. Fitzpatrick when he’s low on confidence really struggles and the difficulty for Doolan is, we have no like-for-like replacement for him, definitely wasn’t his day. It was really 10 v 10 because Alston was utterly hopeless when he came on. We’ve played better and lost so take the 3 points and move on. 

1 hour ago, Walter said:

ICT had almost total possession from the moment Kerr was sent off but I can't remember them making a real goal scoring opportunity. In fact...did Mitchell have to make a save all afternoon? 

That has pretty much been the story of our season.

Always feel that the sort of foul Kerr got his second booking for is a very soft yellow, not sure what the defending player is meant to do especially if the attacker slows down.

Mad that it actually made Inverness the dominant team in terms of possession from that point .

Bloody hell. Got away with that a bit, but fortunately Inverness were largely toothless.

Think we really didn't know how to play it once Inverness were down to 10, made them a lot more focused on not losing the ball cheaply & they kept playing for free kicks to launch and pin us back, whereas we became ridiculously slow/ponderous.

Lawal was excellent for Inverness, really sharp wee midfielder.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

Agree re Lawal. Looks an excellent prospect. Looked really comfortable with ball under pressure and has a good turn of pace.

Another thing I thought was that, for all the stick he gets and all of Ferguson’s bleating after the game, John Beaton refereed that very well. Certainly didn’t have the air of just guessing at stuff that you often get with Championship referees. 

16 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Who was our last player with a pallindromic surname?

We had a Willie Hannah in the 40s and I only know this as I'm sure it came up on here before.

George Niven and Craig Sives go close.