Ayr Utd v the "diddy" cup winners - Fri 29th March

36 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Ayr to win, as hopeless as Ayr have appeared in the last few games against Airdrie, they've had our number and ruthlessly punished some atrocious mistakes.

I've got a funny feeling this Friday will be the same story, a disjointed performance, sloppy defending and poor mistakes.

Obviously my predictions in the championship have been horrendous so, happy to be proved wrong.  I'd take a draw in every game between now and season end tbh

I’m the same. I’ve went for a draw but have the fear it’ll be a humbling defeat with Anton Dowds gifted another goal.

We actually played pretty well going forward in the last game against Ayr, just incredibly naive at the back. We’ve been a bit more direct since then though, as well as starting to figure out how to play away from home and also bounce back from conceding the opening goal, so hopefully this is the game we finally beat Ayr this season.

29 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

A trope to show that a trope about another trope isn't a trope? 

Inception level thinking.

It would be great if Airdrie fans could figure out whether it was all just a big laugh or whether it is mortally offensive, rather than trying to have it both ways.

Of course ironic fascism is just fascism anyway.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

It would be great if Airdrie fans could figure out whether it was all just a big laugh or whether it is mortally offensive, rather than trying to have it both ways.

Of course ironic fascism is just fascism anyway.

And being thoroughly unoriginal is endemic in these particular threads. As was pointed out and proved at lightning speed earlier 😉

5 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Will there be a cup-win bounce on the away attendance do you think?

Reading this made me think of the last home game v them. Think they brought about 200 fans and there was police vans and horses and loads of cops expecting a "battle" 🤣

6 hours ago, Mr November said:

I’m the same. I’ve went for a draw but have the fear it’ll be a humbling defeat with Anton Dowds gifted another goal.

We actually played pretty well going forward in the last game against Ayr, just incredibly naive at the back. We’ve been a bit more direct since then though, as well as starting to figure out how to play away from home and also bounce back from conceding the opening goal, so hopefully this is the game we finally beat Ayr this season.

Your keeper in the last game looked absolutely pish. 

I'm guessing this game got picked for TV as they're only allowed to show two teams play each other once?

Ayr are the only team we haven't managed to take points from and deservedly so on those performances, thus hoping for a change of fortune this Friday.

Both McGill and McGregor were unused subs on Sunday which suggest neither is likely to start and of course McStravick and McCabe went off injured. The good news is that both Lyall and Megwa who have been two of our best players in recent games will return to the starting 11.

I’m going to be presuming that none of the injured players are back for this besides maybe Willoughby. 

Clarke

McAllister

Stanger

McGinty

Murphy

Tomlinson

McHugh

Syla

Amartey

Dowds

Willougby

Just watched the highlights from the Ayr QP game and I couldn’t help but notice the brutalist monstrosity that is your new stand. I appreciate that it ain’t finished but that thing rivals QP for the worst stand in Scottish football and that’s even without you lot standing in it 🤢 

IMG_3327.png

C’mon the honest men, wimmin, he, she, them, they, those, males, females, transgenders, gender neutrals, non binarys, agenders, pan genders, genderqueers, two spirits, third genders, etc etc (sorry if I missed any but my thumb is exhausted) or simply Ayr United 

1 hour ago, Diamond1924 said:

Just watched the highlights from the Ayr QP game and I couldn’t help but notice the brutalist monstrosity that is your new stand. I appreciate that it ain’t finished but that thing rivals QP for the worst stand in Scottish football and that’s even without you lot standing in it 🤢 

IMG_3327.png

It's providing double the capacity for hospitality with 190 odd padded seats with another 600/700 seats for general use while allowing terracing below for standing and the added bonus of a roof.  I see they are putting in the glass panels for hospitality boxes just now which will make it look better.  Not in the same league as the QP one!  A better picture attached from a birds-eye view.

1 hour ago, Diamond1924 said:

IMG_3327.png

Polish_20240327_104115542.png

14 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

It's providing double the capacity for hospitality with 190 odd padded seats with another 600/700 seats for general use while allowing terracing below for standing and the added bonus of a roof.  I see they are putting in the glass panels for hospitality boxes just now which will make it look better.  Not in the same league as the QP one!  A better picture attached from a birds-eye view.

It has something for everyone’s taste and you can’t go wrong with increasing hospitality. I think it looks superb. 

2 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

IMG_3327.png

It's very clearly not brutalist, and it's still only half built.
Other than that, the fact it can fit more than 4 camel hair coats in it makes it superior to lesser Hampden.

Clarke

McAllister  Stanger  McGinty

Tomlinson                                    Murphy

Syla  McHugh  Smith

Amartey  Dowds

Subs: Albinson, Sanders, , McGinley?, Chalmers?, McGeady, Bryden, McKenzie, Willoughby?, Guthrie

With what is available, I think that may be our best bet.  Can't have McGinty at left back and at least Tomlinson, Murphy and Amartey in the team will add a bit of forward thinking and pace to the team.  Need to try and bring some composure into midfield and with Smith not even in the reserve team yesterday, I wonder if he is in line for a start.  Sanders has to be dropped going by Browns decisions to drop Albinson, McGinty and Syla in the past few weeks.

12 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I actually quite like the new stand at Somerset. Sad that the old terrace part is gone but makes commercial sense

The terrace is still there. Just got a roof over it and some seats/hospitality behind it now. All good.