🔵⚪ Greenock Morton vs Queen's Park ⚫⚪

1 hour ago, Dave said:

I can only assume that Ferries attempt at saving the free-kick was a direct result of the serious concussion suffered in the first half

Again….

Shut up ya fud 

We weren't at the races today. Second to most loose balls and resorted to punts up the park rather than playing on the deck which is our usual game. Conditions under foot were poor for both teams but Morton had more experience being the home side.

An unusual mistake from Cal, a near miss from Liam and a missing captain all added up to a game which should be forgotten about asap.

1 hour ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

We weren't at the races today. Second to most loose balls and resorted to punts up the park rather than playing on the deck which is our usual game. Conditions under foot were poor for both teams but Morton had more experience being the home side.

An unusual mistake from Cal, a near miss from Liam and a missing captain all added up to a game which should be forgotten about asap.

Unusual mistake from Cal the best keeper in the league ??? SURELY NOT !! 

Edited by Cowshed

It's genuinely baffling to me just how fixated on the idea of Calum Ferrie being shite (some) Morton fans are. I mean, if someone else's keeper threw in goals twice a season at Hampden, even as he was lauded by his own fans and voted by his peers into the division's team of the year, I would probably just... accept he must be a good keeper, albeit one taken to routine, inexplicable brain-farts against us?

As for the game... we were meh-to-pretty-poor in almost every conceivable way: second balls, simple passes, clearing our lines, all of it. We just looked to be playing under a pall of lethargy, all cotton-wool heads and leaden legs. It never really looked like Morton would have to be at anything close to their best in order to beat us, essentially just having to be competent & switched-on, particularly in terms of their pressing. That's arguably even more disappointing than losing to an unmarked header and a free kick, which appeared somehow to be properly shovelled into the roof of his net by [REDACTED].

Still, Cappielow's great and at least Caley Thistle lost.

Edited by wEEgIE bOrEd
Linguistic clarity

3 hours ago, wEEgIE bOrEd said:

It's genuinely baffling to me just how fixated on the idea of Calum Ferrie being shite (some) Morton fans are. I mean, if someone else's keeper threw in goals twice a season at Hampden, even as he was lauded by his own fans and voted by his peers into the division's team of the year, I would probably just... accept he must be a good keeper, albeit one taken to routine, inexplicable brain-farts against us?

1) "His peers" are Scottish Championship football players/Herbalife reps. A constituency whose members are, generally speaking, thicker than a whale omelette and in which Simon 'Si' Ferry is held up as a great thinking man of the game. 

So their judgment can be safely filed in the bin where it belongs. 

2) Lauded by Queens' Park fans - well, see above points too really. 

The evidence is plain for anyone else to see: he's a total haddy. Thanks for playing anyway.

IMG_20240228_202524.thumb.jpg.1bf692807090b064a0fdac0cc320feb8.jpg

8 hours ago, wEEgIE bOrEd said:

As for the game... we were meh-to-pretty-poor in almost every conceivable way: second balls, simple passes, clearing our lines, all of it. We just looked to be playing under a pall of lethargy, all cotton-wool heads and leaden legs. It never really looked like Morton would have to be at anything close to their best in order to beat us, essentially just having to be competent & switched-on, particularly in terms of their pressing. That's arguably even more disappointing than losing to an unmarked header and a free kick, which appeared somehow to be properly shovelled into the roof of his net by [REDACTED].

Still, Cappielow's great and at least Caley Thistle lost.

Doubling down, bravo. More baffling must be QP fans wondering why they keep conceding soft goals and losing points despite having such an obviously outstanding keeper.

Hopefully Davidson is as deluded as your fans and persists with him. Most supporters wouldn’t be happy to accept errors of that regularity (and hilarity), but I’m truly glad your lot are well beyond that and in fact delighted to have him. 

Ferrie saves almost every clanger for Cappielow. In general, we’re absolute dogshit every time we play there. Not a single decent performance at Cappielow in over the past couple of seasons. In fact, we’ve only really had one decent half of football against them in eight attempts, before chucking a 2-0 lead. Just can’t get any change out of them, whereas other teams around us manage it. 

I thought Ferrie has looked standard when I have seen him at EEP but clearly being in Greenock does something to him. Absolutely hilarious from a professional keeper.

Queens park were brutal to watch yesterday, total anti-football until the game was out of sight.

Thought we were running out of ideas before the goal, really needed to score from a set pieces when we did or it could have turned into a right frustrating afternoon

That was a good pub lunch wasted by turning up something pretending to be a football match.

Shite uncomfortable stadium.

Shite pitch.

Horrible opponents (as usual).

We were utter shite.

Waste of a good afternoon.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I thought Ferrie has looked standard when I have seen him at EEP but clearly being in Greenock does something to him. Absolutely hilarious from a professional keeper.

It was clear from the start yesterday that our players had been told to shoot from anywhere.

Highlight, apart from Longridge's argument with a fan and letting the ball roll under his foot in front of the Cowshed (which he had the sense to laugh at) was Ferrie going down down injured, jumping back up to "square go" Jack Bearne, then going back down in pain to make sure the referee booked Bearne.

We were much better yesterday, Bearne being my MotM. Pleased for Broadfoot getting his goal. With the sun in Ferrie's eyes, Robbie only had to get the free-kick on target.

Referee was absolutely appalling. Each week you think that they can't be as bad at the last one and they promptly produce the goods. The top flight having to double up on officials due to VAR means that the lower leagues are being stuck with any old shite with a whistle.