Queens v Kelty

A must win for Queens something that we have struggled to do.

We need to find goals from somewhere not convinced Mumbongo is the answer .

Good to see Brydon back but losing McLelland is bad news .

Marv already thinking of a game plan that has me worried already.

Certainly not a must win- "must win" is overused in football all the time. A must win to me means that there's no chance of promotion/you're officially doomed if you lose. 

It is a massive game though. If Kelty win I can't see us catching them regardless of their tougher fixtures. If we win it'll be three weeks on the trot we've taken points off a side we usually do pretty poorly against, we'll go above them and could potentially be 6 points off 9th. If it works out like that I'd feel a lot more confident of avoiding 9th. 

I'm hoping Brydon is fit to start. McClelland was fine yesterday and I'd play him ahead of Kilsby but Brydon is a big upgrade on him (McClelland). Get Doherty dropped right away for, I assume, Mumbongo and we'll have a (better) presence up front. Play like we did in the second half and we won't lose but we're nothing if inconsistent so I'm going expecting a slog. Hopefully they surprise us again. 

Can't call this game as we are either pretty good or total guff away from home this season , 3 points would be more than welcome and we seem to do alright against you guys somehow one things for certain there will be goals 

It'll be a tight & cagey affair I think. We're more than capable of scoring a few goals but will concede at least one for sure! Bavidge will be key on a decent sized park at Palmerston.

Would take a draw now to knock another game off & maintain a gap.

50 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Can't call this game as we are either pretty good or total guff away from home this season , 3 points would be more than welcome and we seem to do alright against you guys somehow one things for certain there will be goals 

Should be an interesting game then, as our home form is pretty bad.  From our view 3 points for us would be also be welcomed.

Kilty needn't panic what with our home form and as I type marvellous Marv will be analysing and working on our tactics, shape and how to shoehorn his favourites in!

I'm just wondering if we'll play 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 in this must not lose game.

1 hour ago, bod said:

Kilty needn't panic what with our home form and as I type marvellous Marv will be analysing and working on our tactics, shape and how to shoehorn his favourites in!

Is 5-4-1 or 4-5-1 a diamond formation like Marv said we played at Hamilton.

I still think every game at this time of the season is a must win especially your home games.

We have only beat Annan and Edinburgh at home no wonder our crowds have disappeared to under 1000 .

19 hours ago, bod said:

Met Office predicting wind gusts of 45mph.  Cue lots of hope(ful/less) long balls up to Mumbongo instead of keeping it on the deck.

44 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Yellow warning for wind now with forecast gusts of up to 57mph. Blowing towards the covered terracing so could see another 84 yarder.

Met

Probably not in Queens' favour this time though. 

On 31/03/2024 at 16:02, Artemis said:

Queens home form this season is appalling.
12 points from 15 home games. So 12 points out of 45. Only Edinburgh have a worse home record with 9 points from 15 games (before deductions).
Kelty, Annan and Stirling all have 21 points from their home games (Kelty have played 16, the others 15).
If Queens home form was as good as as their away form, they’d have 43 points and still be in with a shout of finishing in the top 4.
On the other hand, if their away form was as bad as their home form, they’d have 25 points and be almost certain to finish 9th.

Forget statistics at this time of the season 

It's about desire & commitment to get a result 

90 minutes plus...teamwork wins not how the table looks just now...cross the white line & show up 

19 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

90 minutes plus...teamwork wins not how the table looks just now...cross the white line & show up 

That's the same at any time of the season. 

12 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's the same at any time of the season. 

10 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Not really.

It was pretty meaningless.

I get all points of view here tbf.  I think what @Beepee67 is getting at is that it's the extra pressure on each game that's different at this time of the season.  Of course all league games depend on hard work, desire and commitment.  However, when you're down to only a handful of games left and the stakes are really high then its how you deal with that extra pressure - and you're just not under that same degree of pressure when its only matchday three or matchday twelve in the season.  So the games all become cup finals now ... or at least they should be treated that way.  In the dressing room on Saturday Bartley should be saying forget the (home) stats, it's all about what we do now, today.

[... or alternatively, he could be asking if anyone's seen the Gooners team sheet for the 5:30 kick-off at The Amex ...]

Edited by Otis Blue

24 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Queens will make light work of this glorified pub team, which should be enough to avoid finishing 9th. 

OOft that's done it........................................you do know Bartley's still our manager!

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

I get all points of view here tbf.  I think what @Beepee67 is getting at is that it's the extra pressure on each game that's different at this time of the season.  Of course all league games depend on hard work, desire and commitment.  However, when you're down to only a handful of games left and the stakes are really high then its how you deal with that extra pressure - and you're just not under that same degree of pressure when its only matchday three or matchday twelve in the season.  So the games all become cup finals now ... or at least they should be treated that way.  In the dressing room on Saturday Bartley should be saying forget the (home) stats, it's all about what we do now, today.

[... or alternatively, he could be asking if anyone's seen the Gooners team sheet for the 5:30 kick-off at The Amex ...]

It was like an extension of "the form book goes out the window" in derbies, finals of whatever.

It's a myth.

Form, statistics etc are as valid at this stage as they are earlier.

1 hour ago, MazzyStar said:

Queens will make light work of this glorified pub team, which should be enough to avoid finishing 9th. 

OK, so I share some of Hector Bellerin's political views, and Fade Into You is one of my favourite songs, but ... this sort of thing is just tempting too much fate and is bound to bounce  back and bite us ... aye?