Queens v Kelty

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It was like an extension of "the form book goes out the window" in derbies, finals of whatever.

It's a myth.

Form, statistics etc are as valid at this stage as they are earlier.

Have you never seen a team raise its game in a big match MT?  I'm not ignoring the stats, nor am I saying that we might suddenly become half-decent overnight, but the players will/should realise that these final games start to take on significantly more meaning ... you gotta hope, you gotta hope, aye?

4 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

Queens will make light work of this glorified pub team, which should be enough to avoid finishing 9th. 

🍺🍺🍺 at the ready on the way down!

The pub team must be doing OK to ba above the full time galacticos we face tomorrow.

4 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Have you never seen a team raise its game in a big match MT?  

Of course I have.

I've also seen sides slump and underperform.

I've seen both happen in September and in April, as well as at various points in between.

5 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

OK, so I share some of Hector Bellerin's political views, and Fade Into You is one of my favourite songs, but ... this sort of thing is just tempting too much fate and is bound to bounce  back and bite us ... aye?

Hope so 😁😁, hopefully we  have some form of defence for tomorrow as that would help immensely 

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to how we'll set up and who'll be playing where, will Marvellous Marv have us with a back 3 and a diamond midfield or maybe play a "Christmas tree" formation?

Will our best wideman with the best delivery and our top scorer get any game time?

It wouldn't be my pick but I think he'll go with last weeks setup with Brydon in for the injured McClelland and Mumbongo in for Doherty.

With the wind forecast it could be fun and McCann's record could be in jeopardy. Stone with the first goal as the team follow the instructions to play hoof ball.

5 minutes ago, bod said:

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to how we'll set up and who'll be playing where, will Marvellous Marv have us with a back 3 and a diamond midfield or maybe play a "Christmas tree" formation?

Will our best wideman with the best delivery and our top scorer get any game time?

It wouldn't be my pick but I think he'll go with last weeks setup with Brydon in for the injured McClelland and Mumbongo in for Doherty.

With the wind forecast it could be fun and McCann's record could be in jeopardy. Stone with the first goal as the team follow the instructions to play hoof ball.

The second half was as well as we've played in a long time. I'll be surprised if it isn't the same set-up as possible*. Unless he's had a bad week I'd be picking Brydon over Ambrose every day of the week. I expect Mumbongo will replace Doherty but I'd prefer Reilly. 

* Though it's Bartley, I suppose it could end up being completely different! 

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The second half was as well as we've played in a long time. I'll be surprised if it isn't the same set-up as possible*. Unless he's had a bad week I'd be picking Brydon over Ambrose every day of the week. I expect Mumbongo will replace Doherty but I'd prefer Reilly. 

* Though it's Bartley, I suppose it could end up being completely different! 

I'd agree with that but we were so wasteful when we got into good positions with Bartley favourite McKenchie being the worst culprit.

2 minutes ago, bod said:

I'd agree with that but we were so wasteful when we got into good positions with Bartley favourite McKenchie being the worst culprit.

Agreed. If Gibson isn't starting he surely has to feature at some point. 

Once Smith, Rose then Hendrie went off we took full control of the game and there was still 30 mins left. Both Gibson and Reilly should have been put on then. The game was crying out for them, but Bartley was scared to go for it when the game was ours for the taking.

Anyway back to tomorrow, I'm not sure what will spoil the game more for us, the predicted wind or Bartley 's decision making!

Edited by bod

No Homer you got it wrong.

The Bigbrbairn knows his geography - Annan are his favourite Borders team, he's just a bit shy to say so.

Think yourself lucky he never said Lochar Thistle were the best team in Dumfries !  ( Yet ?)

5 hours ago, the philosopher said:

No Homer you got it wrong.

The Bigbrbairn knows his geography - Annan are his favourite Borders team, he's just a bit shy to say so.

Think yourself lucky he never said Lochar Thistle were the best team in Dumfries !  ( Yet ?)

With Bartley at the helm this could come to fruition for you sooner than you think.

Will todays crowd break 800?

Edited by bod

Borrowed this from the Annan, Accies thread "Murphy has got the boys playing with determination and two up top" Any chance someone could tell Bartley to try this?