Raith Rovers Vs Ayr United

14 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We need 9 points from these 3 home games. Anything less and it's all over. 

We need to win the game in hand, and then better Dundee United's results in the other five. Goal difference is out, so we need to win when they either draw or lose a match. Failing to match one of their results during this period and it's game over. 

I do think the chance will present itself, but whether we can take advantage of it is the big question.

Would hope (and expect) to see a reaction from the team to a disappointing result and performance on at the weekend.

Agree with others that we absolutely need Byrne or Matthews at the base of the midfield for this.  

I would also start with Hamilton on this as he's caused far more issues for the defenders than Rudden in probably every game since Ayr away.

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

7. The absolute number is 7, IMO. Yea, we want 9, but 7 and it’s still in play.

It all depends on Utd.  If they win their next 2, we need 9 points really - 7 would need them dropping points in 2 out of the last 3 games, and us taking advantage.

Lot of ifs, buts and maybes to go yet starting on Friday night. United go to Morton, if they win they'll be 7 points clear, if they draw or lose they'll be 5 or 4 points clear but we will effectively have 2 games in hand granted one of those is the next day but that's just how quickly this race can switch 

If we're thinking about anything other than how to beat Ayr, we will not beat Ayr.

I think this is quite a big test of the manager after what he did at the weekend. If we line up with something wacky then Ayr have enough to take advantage, as they showed on Friday when Airdrie had a fifteen minute wobble.

6 hours ago, pub car king said:

Lot of ifs, buts and maybes to go yet starting on Friday night. United go to Morton, if they win they'll be 7 points clear, if they draw or lose they'll be 5 or 4 points clear but we will effectively have 2 games in hand granted one of those is the next day but that's just how quickly this race can switch 

Don’t disagree with the general point of your post but Utd play Queens Park same time we play Ayr and we also have Airdrie on the Tuesday so we will be all level on games played before they go to Cappielow a week on Friday…

1 hour ago, Pride of Fife said:

Don’t disagree with the general point of your post but Utd play Queens Park same time we play Ayr and we also have Airdrie on the Tuesday so we will be all level on games played before they go to Cappielow a week on Friday…

f**k me I thought it was this week. 

2 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Apologies. Alcohol was consumed. Won’t happen again. The “f**k” bit that is. Alcohol will happen again.

You’ve fucked it now! You can’t apologise for it just live with what was said in the moment 

14 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

You’ve fucked it now! You can’t apologise for it just live with what was said in the moment 

Right, I’m retiring and leaving it to you from now on. The intellectual property is yours and I had no right to do it in the first place. Apologies all round, I’m an amateur playing in a world I don’t belong in. 

Gutting to be missing this, have enjoyed recent visits to Kirkcaldy (not always the football, but the trip at least).

We are very inconsistent just now as are Rovers. I feel this has a draw written all over it. Would be happy enough with that but theres a part of me that hopes Raith are gutted after last weekend and we can capitalise.

A win would be huge, with probably only another 3 points after that needed to secure safety.

On 01/04/2024 at 18:49, Ro Sham Bo said:

We need 9 points from these 3 home games. Anything less and it's all over. 

It's already over, we don't have the bottle/nous to win this league, play offs (if we manage not to lose the next few games) if we're lucky🙄

22 minutes ago, lellywong said:

It's already over, we don't have the bottle/nous to win this league, play offs (if we manage not to lose the next few games) if we're lucky🙄

f**k off with this negative pish man. 
Playoffs if we’re lucky?

It’s mathematically impossible for us to finish outside the top four. 
Dunfermline in 5th can’t catch us, but due to having a game in hand Morton in 6th can. 
But for them to overtake us they need to win all their games. 
They play Airdrie on Saturday and if Morton beat them (which they need to do to finish above us) Airdrie can no longer catch us. 
Which means we’ll be fourth as a minimum. 

We may not win the league but get behind the boys so we can be in a positive mood and good form going into the playoffs. 

7 hours ago, Fletchers Saucy Manbun said:

Ayr in good form, Raith losing the big game at the weekend. Expecting Raith to properly shit the bed, finally putting their title hopes in the bin.

4-1 Ayr.

Ayr in good form is not a statement that can be applied to us at any stage in this season.