Raith Rovers Vs Ayr United

Was a bit worried when Ayr equalised as looked like we were struggling with playing against the wind while Ayr were controlling the ball well with it behind them. Def penalty and after that fairly comfortable, partly helped with Ayr going long ball. 

15 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Not sure what my highlight of that game was today. Dylan Easton’s goal, or the South Stand Shot, where almost every ball ended up approximately 60 yards away from Roary Rover. 

IMG_6477.jpeg

Really good win in the circumstances - both weather and coming off the disappointment of last week. Line-up was much stronger and should be the template for the remaining matches, with Rudden coming on with his energy to press late on.

Delighted to see Hamilton score as he was unfortunate to lose his place after a good run of finding the net in January.

Obviously a bit annoying seeing the United score but they can win 5-0 every game for the next 3 weeks and still miss out on the last day with a draw against Thistle, assuming we keep grinding out victories like yesterday. 

I got a message from Jim's daughter Elaine on twitter (and she's now posted too) confirming he has a broken femur and is getting surgery today.  He's in good spirits and the win made him feel better.

As for the game, I think we probably just about deserved the win.  Both teams struggled with the wind which made some of the long balls even more baffling.  When we did keep the ball down and pass it around we looked like we could at them.

The penalty incident was right in front of me and it was a definite penalty.  Yes Easton made the most of it but all he really did was not avoid the leg that was stuck out in front of him.  No footballer is passing on that opportunity.

I would be very tempted to stick with the same 11 for Tuesday.  Matthews and Byrne made such a big difference in the midfield today.

Ayr should have enough to stay away from the relegation playoff.  Logan Chalmers is a cracking player at this level.  If we don't go up, I'd hope we take a look at him for next season as he would fit in to our team perfectly.

Really important win in really poor conditions. Kind of win that I don't always expect us to get. In fact accross the season these are the types of points we have dropped.

Half-time kids activity the absolute high point. Hearing about the photographers' injury, the absolute low point. 

Great win for us yesterday. I wasn’t at the game (I await the birthday comment) but I had a look to check what formation we were playing. We’d maybe have had more joy if we played that formation at Tannadice last week, but that’s just a guess. What’s done is done and you have to back Murray for the season we’ve had. We’re pretty much certain of at least second place now, and we’re still in with a chance of the title.

Hopefully we can keep the pressure on United with a first win of the season against Airdrie on Tuesday. 

Played the game back today while papering the living room. Didn't realise how bad the wind was from my seat. 

Not sure there was a benefit to either team, to be honest. Came away thinking really professional job, some great interplay in the first 20.  Fair play to Kev, I had my eyes covered everytime the ball went his way and he done a consistently good job.

Mathews isn't doing himself any harm. Funny how we get blinkered on guys we like, hope he stays. 

The media folk have loads of cameras so if there isn't a full replay of the kids half time activity heads should roll. 

Saw the commentary comments so had it on. It was a bit bland like other clubs but the comment re "can't string a sentence together" is unfair. The full match replay is a great freebie.

Steady 3000+ after the United game is a great sign. Thought even at 1-1 the crowd stuck with the team. 

Unfortunately caught part of the cameraman fall as I was looking that way. Glad to hear he got good treatment. First aiders were there really quick. Didn't know the club medic was involved also great support. 

Lots of positives though Tuesday gives me the fear. Hope it's Ayr that trip up United, despite our rivalry in the past they are a far more likeable bunch than ICT.

Walked to the bus station chatting to an Ayr supporter and his lads, sound as you get post a defeat. 

No idea why Logan Chalmers treds water in his career. Must drive home singing "can I play you every week" when he faces us. 

2 minutes ago, chris1883 said:

The win-loss-win-loss trend for Ayr is astounding. Is it 9 games now?

Aye it’s been the same since Brown came in. Only deviation from that was when we followed up a defeat to Dundee Utd at home with a defeat at Ibrox in the cup. 

It’s frustrating to see but Brown is getting results at the right time and doing it with a paper thin squad so I’m looking forward to see what he does with more of his own team next season. 

29 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

If you could keep it going for another three games that would be braw. Beat Morton, lose to Arbroath, beat United. 

Another five would be better as that would involve turning the Pars over on the final day.

Although, I'm going to be nice and hope Ayr finish with five straight wins.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s frustrating to see but Brown is getting results at the right time and doing it with a paper thin squad so I’m looking forward to see what he does with more of his own team next season. 

I was a bit surprised when he was appointed, but he seems to be the right person for the job... at the moment at least. Your club is making some positive steps at the moment and it is good to see. The new stand is a really interesting design and I look forward to seeing what it looks like when done. I always found it funny that Bill Barr was effectively building modern stadiums for a host of clubs whilst your chairman, but never touched Somerset Park.

I've always had a soft spot for Ayr and always enjoyed visiting Somerset.