Clyde Vs Stranraer, New Douglas Park Links

51 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

That's a split second before the contact. I think most of the contact actually comes on his arm. 

You could still just about argue a red for endangering an opponent, as he'd started off much higher, but think a yellow car is just about right, though that decision was probably more luck that judgement on the referees part.

Screenshot_20240407_103156_Chrome.jpg

Looking at that the ref isn't in the best position to make a decision. He probably had no idea where contact was, so guessed, and gave a yellow.

2 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Screenshot_20240407_103156_Chrome.jpg

It’s a red card every day of the week. He’s jumped in, both feet off the ground, studs up, head height, not really near the ball. I’m not sure why anyone would think that it isn’t a sending off, especially folk that seen it happen in real time.

1 hour ago, Brian Carrigan said:

It’s a red card every day of the week. He’s jumped in, both feet off the ground, studs up, head height, not really near the ball. I’m not sure why anyone would think that it isn’t a sending off, especially folk that seen it happen in real time.

This is it for me, no matter where he catches him, head or arm, the fact he is off the ground with his foot so high and outstretched means he is not in control and therefor dangerous.  Looking at the referee's position it's perhaps difficult for him to see but that's what those other folks with the flags are there for. 

4 hours ago, MrFizz said:

Looking at that the ref isn't in the best position to make a decision. He probably had no idea where contact was, so guessed, and gave a yellow.

premier league has var but we have to settle for a guess, aye fair enough

1 hour ago, haufdaft said:

I'm sure Allan get sent off for a similar challenge last season? If I recall correctly the sending off cost us the win

He did, but not playing for us. He was given a straight red for Falkirk for kicking a goalie in the face in the playoffs.

His red card for Clyde was for two yellows (the first of which should have been a stick on red).

11 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Thought Scott Robertson going off for Stranraer also helped us, he’s a presence and a leader in their team so to lose him would’ve been a blow for them. Agnew saying it doesn’t look good but that would surely be a bit of a disaster losing someone like him. 

Laughing at the ek(actually Celtic) fans comment about no football played 😂 just a named storm going through the stadium for 90 minutes nothing major…

At least they had plenty of sexy Samba soccer to enjoy in the Lowland League Cup final this afternoon.

Good to see the wee man helping to sort you out. The last thing Scottish Football needs is Clyde being replaced by another Edinburgh, Cove or Kelty. 

19 hours ago, Shawfield78 said:

Spot on so satisfying after the way they celebrated at Stair Park and also down to the time wasting today. Revenge is sweet.  

It was hilarious watching the keeper have a fit that the ballboy didn't throw the ball to him quickly enough once they were one down. Must have interfered with his juice bottle drinking schedule or his OCD ritual for placing and replacing the ball multiple times at goal kicks. 

22 minutes ago, bhoonaman said:

It was hilarious watching the keeper have a fit that the ballboy didn't throw the ball to him quickly enough once they were one down. Must have interfered with his juice bottle drinking schedule or his OCD ritual for placing and replacing the ball multiple times at goal kicks. 

Budinaukis. Anyone old enough to remember us having a dodgy keeper with the same name?  The no2 keeper to Bryn Halliwell?  But as dodgy as Stranraer's current offering.  Cost us a game against the dark side at Firhill on 02/01/2002. 

Edited to say that Alan Maitland was our manager then. 

Edited by Fast_Action

Just now, Replays said:

Kev’s boy I believe. Not hard to believe given the rarity of the surname in Scottish football circles.

I did wonder if there might be a connection for the reasons you mention.  Still, like father like son.  Dodgy to the Nth degree.  

1 minute ago, Fast_Action said:

I did wonder if there might be a connection for the reasons you mention.  Still, like father like son.  Dodgy to the Nth degree.  

I could be wrong but I’m sure I read they’re father and son. I also believe Brian Kinnear and Lewis Budinauckas were team mates in the Rangers youth teams and remain good mates.

3 minutes ago, Fast_Action said:

Maybe the lack of a gut on the son is what made me miss the connection...

1 minute ago, bhoonaman said:

Maybe the lack of a gut on the son is what made me miss the connection...

Brilliant.  Take a bow that man. For that post.  Andy Goram was able to move faster for Queen of the South than Kevin Budinakaus ever was for us.  

Edited by Fast_Action

8 hours ago, Clyde_MM said:

However, I hope it hurt their players seeing the celebrations. Very telling that our players saw them celebrating in front of our fans back in February and it provoked a reaction. Yesterday Stranraer's players, some literally, took it lying down.

That's one way of looking at it. The other way is Stranraer acted like professionals and not Neds? 

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's one way of looking at it. The other way is Stranraer acted like professionals and not Neds? 

Are you hanging about League 2 threads to give yourself a wee taster for next season?