Junior Takeover

I hear that the Juniors are trying to take over the WoSFL by stealth.

Alex McDowall the SJFA head on the WoSFL for 2 minutes and has now put himself forward to be chairman,I wonder why?

The League was supposed to be set up for ambitious clubs who wanted to be part of the pyramid but is being hijacked by the same dinosaurs that didn’t really want to be part of the pyramid so that they can promote their diddy cup.

A bright new future,aye right!

1 hour ago, Vanderbilt said:

Alex McDowall the SJFA head on the WoSFL for 2 minutes and has now put himself forward to be chairman,I wonder why?

The League was supposed to be set up for ambitious clubs who wanted to be part of the pyramid but is being hijacked by the same dinosaurs that didn’t really want to be part of the pyramid so that they can promote their diddy cup.

Simple answer F*ck them over by being good enough to win your league and progress into the play off. 

2 hours ago, Vanderbilt said:

I heard this today.  First proposal apparently is to make the South Challenge Cup non-compulsory, a complete co-incidence of course.

What's going on in the West, do they want to wind the clock back to the 1960's?

Just now, Burnieman said:

I heard this today.  First proposal apparently is to make the South Challenge Cup non-compulsory, a complete co-incidence of course.

It would seem so!

More rule changes incoming no doubt.

41 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Alex McDowall is an backwards thinker and uses his position to spout rubbish about our lower senior level football

He actually admits the pyramid is dead.  Wonder if he should ask, East Stirlingshire, Cowdenbeath, Albion Rovers, Berwick Rangers, Linlithgow Rose, Bonnyrigg Rose, Cove Rangers, Edinburgh City, Kelty Hearts, I think all these teams will confirm that the pyramid is alive and kicking.
The region cup which is the south challenge cup is a cup for all lowland teams, EOSFL, WOSFL and SOSFL teams and in trying to make it none compulsory and im sure will not go down well with the rest of the associations.  If he is put into the position of the WOSFL he will put the association backwards

All that is confirmed so far is that Alex McDowall was voted onto the WoSFL Board by the clubs at the General Meeting in January, proposed by Gartcairn and seconded by Troon. There was a vacancy on the Board and nobody else was in the frame, so it was a formality that he was elected. Alex then announced on his own personal Facebook page last weekend that he had been nominated by Auchinleck Talbot for election as WoSFL Chair at the upcoming end-of-season AGM, and seconded by Arthurlie.

Edited by glensmad

The EoSFL get on with the job in hand,while the WoSFL long for days gone by..........

As a Whitburn fan am glad we don't partake in the junior Cup anymore. 

We've got bigger fish to fry.

14 minutes ago, Dav nan Gael said:

The EoSFL get on with the job in hand,while the WoSFL long for days gone by..........

Yes we're never done marveling at the achievements of Whitburn over in the West. All those amazing runs in the Scottish Cup. How do they manage it?!?!

Just now, Dav nan Gael said:

3 cup finals,winners in 2000 enough said.

Was thinking more of the Senior version. That's the one that all the deeply unambitious west teams regularly have great runs in and get big draws against top teams. You might have seen it on the telly.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

All that is confirmed so far is that Alex McDowall was voted onto the WoSFL Board by the clubs at the General Meeting in January, proposed by Gartcairn and seconded by Troon. There was a vacancy on the Board and nobody else was in the frame, so it was a formality that he was elected. Alex then announced on his own personal Facebook page last weekend that he had been nominated by Auchinleck Talbot for election as WoSFL Chair at the upcoming end-of-season AGM, and seconded by Arthurlie.

Hardly a formality.

Did the current board office bearers not try to block the proposal?

1 hour ago, Dav nan Gael said:

Please enthral us with details of this.