Junior Takeover

8 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

Simple answer to all this is to ask the man what his intentions are.

Has anyone thought about doing that?

Picking up the phone and asking him or meeting up with him at the next Gartcairn game.

How about one of the many podcasts just inviting him for a chat?

Go on, you know you want too.

Don't come on here with all that common sense nonsense and spoil the fun.

If this man wants to return to a junior type setup he is perfectly entitled to hold and express that view. We don't live in North Korea.

18 minutes ago, Casper Wilson said:

Simple answer to all this is to ask the man what his intentions are.

Has anyone thought about doing that?

Picking up the phone and asking him or meeting up with him at the next Gartcairn game.

How about one of the many podcasts just inviting him for a chat?

Go on, you know you want too.

He has done quite a few over the years now.

Don't think any of his plans have really paid off at this point.

25 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Looking at the WOS from the outside there is this perception that clubs are 'frightened' to be the first. What is there to be nervous about being in the LL, apart from the pesky b teams, it is now stacked with 'proper' clubs from the SPFL and EOS. 

Grasp the nettle, the LL will probably become one of the most competitive leagues in the system and if there is proper movement between it and tiers 4 and 6 no club should be 'trapped' in it.

Brave New World as Mr Huxley once said.

Agreed, clubs like East Stirlingshire, Albion Rovers,  Cowedenbeath, Berwick Rangers etc.. are really at the level they should be and more people are realizing that the SPFL2 is not all its cracked up to be. This season the Lowland league is at the strongest its ever been and imagine the best of the WOSFL are able to be promoted, the LL would be some league to go and watch games

14 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

If you are trying for a world record, I am happy to red dot all your posts if you like. Nothing personal purely for science. 😉

It is a matter of supreme indifference to me either way.

I just wonder if folk think that doing it somehow progresses their position or diminishes mine. It always seems like a toys out of the pram indicator as much as anything.

Wee mad PossilYM gave me about 10 in 2 minutes the other day. That's the esteemed company that the red dotters are in.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Im happy to have a difference of opinion, yer man from Milan was the one giving it ‘i dont want to read…’. If he doesnt want to read or is bored of reading its really not my responsibility to post something he wants to read. 

Where did I say that? I said it's a repeating theme. The moan has been made umpteen times and has lost its effect. You were coming across as a moan, one has a duty to tell you so and hold a mirror up. 

And ignoring is for wimps.

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Where did I say that? I said it's a repeating theme. The moan has been made umpteen times and has lost its effect. You were coming across as a moan, one has a duty to tell you so and hold a mirror up. 

And ignoring is for wimps.

I’ve not got you on ignore, besides yer talbot shite i actually like you. I was only explaining why there are in particular a lot of clydebank fans (amongst others) who are against this. It was only repeated because there are about 10 folks asking similar things or makjng it out that they’re the first person to ask. 

34 minutes ago, Shanner said:

It is a matter of supreme indifference to me either way.

I just wonder if folk think that doing it somehow progresses their position or diminishes mine. It always seems like a toys out of the pram indicator as much as anything.

Wee mad PossilYM gave me about 10 in 2 minutes the other day. That's the esteemed company that the red dotters are in.

I personally don't see a valid reason to red dot, if you don't agree with a post have a proper discussion.

I like yer man possil myself. I enjoy his big stick stirring posts, keeps posters on their toes for me. I know he goes to games around like a mini groundhopper, so for me that entitles him to his opinions, don't always agree but would feel I'd enjoy a chat if we ever meet up.

2 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

Too late now, but did the board actually have the power to disband the league without a vote of the members? I doubt it.

Whether they had the power or not, anyone disagreeing (or even just wanting an open debate) could have called an EGM.

Totally agree but I again IIRC, there wasn’t the need for a vote as all the clubs left when it was made known that there was no future for the West Region. Again IIRC correctly there was some discussion amongst some of the Lower Division teams about changing their mind but it came to nothing.

I would ask anyone who says clubs are anti pyramid to give evidence. I haven’t seen anything other than some fans opinions and while not to be discounted don’t seem to be the opinions of the clubs. 

1 minute ago, Vanderbilt said:

Don’t need to hear from McDowall.

This is his agenda.image.thumb.png.c5c35af6149f728566156a2e7bb1abfb.png

In one of his podcast appearances he talked about how there were 20 that had asked him to bring back the West Region. That would have been around 2 years ago when there was the attempt at a new version of the Junior Cup that would give out £80k prize money. Something that got a lot of attention, but no substance as there was no money behind it. It was just numbers plucked from thin air.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

In one of his podcast appearances he talked about how there were 20 that had asked him to bring back the West Region. That would have been around 2 years ago when there was the attempt at a new version of the Junior Cup that would give out £80k prize money. Something that got a lot of attention, but no substance as there was no money behind it. It was just numbers plucked from thin air.

Thst was posted 2 weeks ago on junior football pics Facebook page.

7 minutes ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

I personally don't see a valid reason to red dot, if you don't agree with a post have a proper discussion.

I like yer man possil myself. I enjoy his big stick stirring posts, keeps posters on their toes for me. I know he goes to games around like a mini groundhopper, so for me that entitles him to his opinions, don't always agree but would feel I'd enjoy a chat if we ever meet up.

He's not the worst, I think someone shat in his Easter Egg or something. 

What does brining the Juniors back actually mean? The WOSFL has seen little to no difference other than promotion at the top being in place which I don’t see changing as the SFA would immediately ban teams from competing in the Scottish Cup and I don’t think those that have spent a lot of money in getting their grounds up to licence standard are going to allow that to happen.  

1 minute ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

What does brining the Juniors back actually mean? The WOSFL has seen little to no difference other than promotion at the top being in place which I don’t see changing as the SFA would immediately ban teams from competing in the Scottish Cup and I don’t think those that have spent a lot of money in getting their grounds up to licence standard are going to allow that to happen.  

Different things to different people I suppose. Most of it revolving around nostalgia.

Some think getting everyone back in the Junior Cup would restore its standing.

The region wide divisions weren't exactly the most popular at the lower of the scale and only had a season and a half under the Junior banner. Its probably seen as more of a pyramid creation. Especially when the response to regionalising at the bottom was that the SFA wouldn't allow it. The influx of "Div 4" type clubs are even more off putting.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Especially when the response to regionalising at the bottom was that the SFA wouldn't allow it.

Has that actually been confirmed? Or just mentioned on here? 

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Some think getting everyone back in the Junior Cup would restore its standing.

I've got some magic beans to sell to anyone who thinks the clubs oot east are going to come flocking back. The ex-juniors are the majority in the east & could force through changes to the standing of the Junior Cup by sheer numbers so far far that hasn't happened & won't happen.

9 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Has that actually been confirmed? Or just mentioned on here? 

The way I remember it. I believe Colin Boyd when he was active on here confirmed it around the time.

EDIT: to add

image.png.0c69d46c4e05002c3dd281dcb2f7ba86.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

4 hours ago, timeforchange said:

If as suggested that Alex McDowell is anti pyramid which I don’t think is true he is maybe just be realistic about it. Most clubs I think wanted a pyramid system in place so they could go as far as they could if they wanted and had the finances to do so. The problem is a lot higher up than that. Do the sfa and the clubs in other tiers really want to be challenged by clubs coming up through a proper pyramid system ? I’m not so sure they move the goalposts and change the criteria every year to suit their own agendas and protect themselves. The league set up was a carve up right from the start so the sfa could have a more regional set up under its umbrella as there was no west set up previously and now it’s more aligned to their needs of working. George Fraser was set up when the league was being formed right at the start their has been a few false promises although I still think the pyramid system is the correct model but there needs to be more alignment with promotions and relegation no deals or obstacles in the way 

Regarding McDowell, he is totally against it, ask anyone at his club. he is very open about it
His exact words to a group of several people at a game including myself, "the pyramid is dead" which i pulled him up.  If someone believe the pyramid is dead then that's fine, that's his/her views, but when their reasonings were untrue, by making stuff up or not having the right information, then he was corrected.  During his comments to the group.

You are 100% correct regarding problems higher up, there is a few regarding promotions and relegations

The corruptions of the SFA and SPFL chairmen trying to get B teams in the pyramid via a new tier 5 league last year which would have demoted  about 200 teams
The Spfl 2 not having straight relegation for the bottom team
The lowland league using that excuse from the SPFL2 to not have any straight relegation from the lowland league.

Above, those are the 3 main ones

Licenses are not being granted by the SFA until the next AGM but they don't get announced until the AGM or which I'm sure Gartcairn are ready or close too.
I will say, I and many others stated before the WOSFL started that being licensed would become harder as the rules would change, but that is expected in anything.

Agreed the pyramid, i believe is the similar to what should be

Do the sfa and the clubs in other tiers really want to be challenged by clubs coming up through a proper pyramid system ?
I would say the SFA don't like it but know they must have a  fair system in place so it is slow growth.  Clubs in SPFL, especially SPFL 2 and Lowland don't like it but its life, sure there will be a few obstacles but thin it will eventually be opened up, when, I haven't a clue.

There are a few others but above are the main ones. Which has been discussed to death on the WOSFL Forums as well as many others on here but this thread is about the new committee member joining when his true allegiance is the juniors and wants it back.  Having said that, the guy has also put his own money into the club and wants to see his Gartcairn team progress.

In regards to the WOSFL, most teams have now leveled out in the league so are where they should be, give or take a few.  Its a great selection of leagues, excitement everywhere and for a neutral there's always a choice of good games to go to every week.  The way it works that if teams genuinely don't want to progress then they just play each season and no hassle but now any team who does want to progress then they have the opportunity to progress