5 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Not a great watch, due in the main to the shitey conditions. Left just as we were making the double sub in 89th min to beat the congestion at the temp lights on Windmillhill St as I never saw us getting back into, and with a draw being no use to either side. Therefore obviously missed Blaney's goal and the sitter Shaw passed up. What did the useless p***k do this time?

Nothing.

Horrible miss from Shaw at the death. Blaney's goal was quality. Was a nice finish from Bair, but he sadly was a short baw hair offside.

I just caught the highlights and this match sums up the lure of the Scottish game.  One minute, Motherwell are nearly gifting the opposition with a clearance that looks like it is being attempted by someone who has never been on a pitch before (which I assume was down to the conditions).  The next, take a bow Shane Blaney.  Fantastic strike.

37 minutes ago, Red Kite said:

I just caught the highlights and this match sums up the lure of the Scottish game.  One minute, Motherwell are nearly gifting the opposition with a clearance that looks like it is being attempted by someone who has never been on a pitch before (which I assume was down to the conditions).  The next, take a bow Shane Blaney.  Fantastic strike.

The clearance was also Shane Blaney.

By "clearance" I mean "inch perfect defence-splitting pass". Luckily for us, the chance fell to Snake Cadden, who fucked it up with his usual aplomb.

Horrible game to watch in the main as the wind ruined it. Hibs the better team I thought - Kelly had a lot more to do than Marshall (and today Kelly was excellent in difficult conditions) - but we're some team for a comeback.

I actually thought the cavalry charge subs that Kettlewell made (which to be fair usually has a positive effect when we're chasing) kind of made us worse and it wasn't until the last couple of minutes that we really threatened. Even with Miller back in the team - it's clear that being down to the bare bones in midfield has really hurt us during the 2nd half of the season.

Top 6 was always an outside bet given the low position we came from and the size of the leads we had to overturn - and Dundee have honestly deserved it as they've had a better season than Hibs or us - so I'm glad they got their point which means I won't be reliving Shaw's sitter in my nightmares for the next fortnight.

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Shaw scoring the winner would’ve been full on Hibs material, drawing it was bad but that would’ve been an all timer.

Would have just laughed if that happened. 

5 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

You looking forward to our bottom 6 fixture? 

That depends on what date it is. I could end up being at soft play with my daughter or if I’m lucky I could be on a weekend away with the mrs. 

It was literally a case of the ball falling to him about a foot away from the line and he managed to put it past the post.

If I'm being really kind I might say he didn't have much time to react but it really would've been easier to score.

26 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

It was one yard out. 

I'm very, very much with @Swello that I'm glad it wasn't the difference between top and bottom 6

So he's improving then - he can't score when there is a keeper, he just needs to manage it now when there isn't one.

12 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Only seen at the game but Oli's miss wasn't the sitter people are making out to be honest, it came at him incredibly quickly.

Sorry, but having seen it on tv, it really is. The ball may have come at him quickly, but if he hadnt moved at all it would have hit him and gone in. How he contrived to put it past is a mystery.

Edited by joewarkfanclub

8 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Sorry, but having seen it on tv, it really is. The ball may have come at him quickly, but if he hadnt moved at all it would have hit him and gone in. How he contrived to put it past is a mystery.

Cool mate, f**k watching the highlights again, seasons done for me.