Stirling v Queens

14 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Did Stirling get their issues from a few years ago sorted? I’m sure it was something to do with ownership. Their thread on here was quite heated at times. 

Superstar in your own bad movie.....

I wanted just a minor part..

I'm no fool. I know your cool. I never really wanted your heart

Just now, WC Boggs said:

I'm like minded on everything but Jo Jo, that's way harsh Beepee.  Pabs didn't keep the sheet clean on his own.

Maybe a bit harsh...but he's a bit rash at times & doesn't have much composure on the ball 

4 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Him and just about everybody else today mate.

Complete lack of creativity in midfield but what do you expect with two defenders in there and wide men not stretching the defence for cutbacks. McPake as usual poor in this respect - not sure if he has a final ball or just runs of steam and loses possession. Compared to some of the passing and moving and creating spaces for cutbacks, eg Vs Kelty 5-0. Now its get the ball wide and let the wide men run before losing the ball, rinse and repeat.

Whatever happens in the next 2 weeks, a huge refresh is required as the team is hugely unbalanced and lacking in key areas.

7 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Stirling fans seem very tetchy over a very innocuous question. 

Take it any way you want bud. You asked a question, you got an answer that it's all in the past and that's  all you're getting.

2 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

I will laugh all night at giraffe on a skateboard.

We are not good.

I was just having a bit of a laugh with some mazzy star lyricss

Lucky you.  My highlight of the day was listening to The Sweet and ballroom blitz over a half time ciggie.

1 minute ago, SA45 said:

Complete lack of creativity in midfield but what do you expect with two defenders in there and wide men not stretching the defence for cutbacks. McPake as usual poor in this respect - not sure if he has a final ball or just runs of steam and loses possession. Compared to some of the passing and moving and creating spaces for cutbacks, eg Vs Kelty 5-0. Now its get the ball wide and let the wide men run before losing the ball, rinse and repeat.

Whatever happens in the next 2 weeks, a huge refresh is required as the team is hugely unbalanced and lacking in key 

We need a major change in personnel...unsure what Pabs is doing next year but we need at least another 3 at the back even if we see Crane as LB next season 

I expect Davidson to be the obvious CM next year..with McPake moving on & Offord returning to St Mirren we will need another 3 in midfield 

We have Carrick & Cammy from the Uni...I don't see a starting place for Spence,Hilson in that position so we need at least 1 more & a winger...

I also don't see many club's giving us Loan players because we just use them on the bench or they return to parent clubs 

Apart from Kai & Flynn Duffy last season, everyone else is not getting much opportunity for development... Robbie Hamilton last year from Hibs...Ewan Wilson this year from Motherwell who i still can't believe DY not playing him & his stubbornness in playing Milne all the time....Offord from St Mirren is a striker yet he keeps playing him out wide instead of giving him the opportunity alongside Carrick or upfront in his absence..he prefers to go with Hilson...also Rudi from Hibs...bench cover...

We are a 2nd division squad with 2 additions at the start of the season signed by DY 

Hilson has been poor 

Milne has been awful 

But he is stubborn & was loyal for far to long... probably still is to some players...but what league we are in next year will be interesting to see who gets punted & who comes in....but agreed the balance at the moment is wrong....

McPake has talent...but isn't a team player....but DY expects the game to revolve around him & it's just not happening..the balance is wrong 

& ffs basic football...if we get a corner at least get it past the 1st defender...get it in the mixer 

We need better quality than that & get the ball on the floor when in possession....hoof ball just doesn't work...strikers just chasing hopeless aimless punts 

Were some QoS fans ejected today? There were a handful of stewards around the supporters bus when I walked past. There were also a handful of Stirling NEDs mouthing off as well. Hopefully they get fed up of Stirling soon enough and piss off. 

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Were some QoS fans ejected today? There were a handful of stewards around the supporters bus when I walked past. There were also a handful of Stirling NEDs mouthing off as well. Hopefully they get fed up of Stirling soon enough and piss off. 

As far as I know your fans did nothing wrong.  The stewards would be there to keep those pubic hairless neds away from you. One was arrested and charged by the police at the last home game.  Ultras. Football's version of herpes.

Edited by WC Boggs
add

12 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

...i think DY was more desperate not to lose it rather than go & win it...

Our manager is more desperate, in every way, than your manager, unfortunately.

Gibson clearly has talent and to be fair to him he’s not a wing back but I thought he was awful today. 
The much maligned McKechnie offered more in his short period on. 
It was a dreadful game of football and it says it all for me that a player I absolutely don’t rate (McKay) was probably our best player. 

17 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

As far as I know your fans did nothing wrong.  The stewards would be there to keep those pubic hairless neds away from you. One was arrested and charged by the police at the last home game.  Ultras. Football's version of herpes.

I saw one QoS guy a bit irate and assumed he was in bother. He seems like a bit of a wrong un anyway tbh. Aye unfortunately every club seems to have these type of youths now and again. 

Should say £18 for an adult and kid is great value. Paid £30 at Hamilton for the same thing. Fair play to Stirling. 

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Gibson clearly has talent and to be fair to him he’s not a wing back but I thought he was awful today. 
It was a dreadful game of football and it says it all for me that a player I absolutely don’t rate (McKay) was probably our best player. 

Yeah he definitely wasn't great but I didn't think he was the worst either. Certainly not bad enough to be hooked so early in the half. But unlike Doherty or Ferguson, even if he's playing poorly, Gibson can whip in a decent cross and make something happen. I'm not convinced Bartley didn't do it to make some kind of petty point. As poot as Gibson was by his standards, there's been far worse performances over the season where the player has stayed on far longer than that (today included). I didn't see much from McKechnie tbh. He tracked back a bit but in an attacking sense I don't think he offered us anything. 

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I'm with you on that with more than a few poor performances. 

Bartley's probably happy that they carried out his game play.

That could get football banned and it narks me to say I thought Lloyd had a decent game.