Dubai Floods.

The Charlatans are legends, never seen them live unfortunately. Missed them last year when they toured.

Going to be playing Glasgow, Queen's Park Recreation Ground on the Sunday 30th June. Maybe go along this time.

37 minutes ago, Hiram Holliday said:

Anyone intelligent out there?🤯

Unfortunately you need to reply to posts and offer discussion, so forum rules apply here that you lose the right to the topic after three hours doing nothing and therefore it become a free space in which any topic can be disscussed such as The Charlatans, Spider Man gifs and pizzas.

25 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

The Charlatans are legends, never seen them live unfortunately. Missed them last year when they toured.

Going to be playing Glasgow, Queen's Park Recreation Ground on the Sunday 30th June. Maybe go along this time.

Saw them at TITP not long after Tellin' Stories came out.

Amazing band.

30 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

Seen them a few times. Never seen someone who consistently looks like he is the happiest c**t in the world while doing his job the way Tim Burgess does.

11 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Barras in 95 for me IIRC. The long-forgotten Northen Uproar as support. 

Northern Uproar, that's a blast from the past, that made me go to YT and watch a couple of their music videos just now. Still going according to wiki, though their last album was in 2015.

1 hour ago, CityDave94 said:

Saw them headlining Electric Fields at Drumlanrig a few years back. We'd gone primarily to see some other acts on the bill, but Charlatans absolutely blew me away. Definitely one of the best live bands I've seen 😊

Really wanted to go see them with Ride on the co-headline tour they did in the US last year, however my wife was inconsiderate enough to give birth 10 days prior and I was absolutely knackered. Seems to be becoming a thing for British bands that aren’t as big over here; Suede and the Manics did one and the tickets were only $45. Charlatans/Ride was only $40. 

Weather permitting.

5 minutes ago, Hiram Holliday said:

Jeez….talk about going off topic…😢

Best tactic for not giving the OP the attention they crave. 😉

30 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Be mad to think 30 years ago that Tim Burgess would be the top boy while Ian Brown would be reduced to doing his own karaoke by way of gigs. 

I don't know, I think most people would say that John Squire was the brains behind the Stone Roses and by miles a better songwriter while Ian Brown's strength was purely being the frontman with an easily recognisable singing style and an attitude. Ian Brown's solo career has proved this, initially he had some success built on his previous reputation but it quickly got old.

I didn't didn't go to Rock Ness the year Ian Brown performed but I could hear him sing 8 miles away as the wind carried the music up the glen to where I lived at the time and I got the full experience of his recognisable singing style 🫣, .....what would that be at the time maybe 15-18 years of performing live and he still can't f***ing hold a note, flat as a pancake. It was dreadful for someone of that experience not to learn and push himself to improve. I also heard the The Prodigy's set blown up the Glen by the wind in my direction and there was nothing wrong with how they sounded, even if the sound would fade and then come back. That was quite enjoyable, sitting in the garden 8 miles away from Dores and being able to hear The Prodigy.

Tim Burgess I think is a far better frontman and songwriter and just solidly a decent guy. The Charlatans have a lot more staying power than many of the other bands that were born around the same time that became part of the 'scene' Much of that down to the quality of the songwriting consistancy and band members that generally didn't end up hating each other due to egos. I would like to read their story, if Tim Burgess ever writes an autobiography.

Unfortunately you need to reply to posts and offer discussion, so forum rules apply here that you lose the right to the topic after three hours doing nothing and therefore it become a free space in which any topic can be disscussed such as The Charlatans, Spider Man gifs and pizzas.

Don't expect spiderman to show up in Dubai any time soon.  He boycotts anywhere the Tom Cruise likes to go.  Doesn't like the competition I guess.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Seen them a few times. Never seen someone who consistently looks like he is the happiest c**t in the world while doing his job the way Tim Burgess does.

Paul Heaton and Bob Mortimer to complete the triumvirate