Dubai Floods.

45 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

Yeah to be pedantic about it, it would be said that rock is a genre and grunge is a style.

It does exist because you thought it.

"this great music that everyone listens to" may not be as catchy as "grunge" but in this case I'm going to listen and go with the guy at the centre of it. 

17 hours ago, CityDave94 said:

Yeah that's fine. I have the habit of over explaining because I'm used to people trying to read into my and other peoples comments things that are not there, so my idea of covering all bases tends to look like more than one point. I've go to stop doing that and I should just tell anyone who tries to second guess me to just suck it up and deal with it.:rolleyes:

btw I tried to link to the OP, looks like they have been emptied.

No problem bud, all good my end. 

23 hours ago, Jives Miguel said:

The late 80s and 90s was a horrendous time period for rock music in Britain. It still hasn't recovered, probably never will at this point. Always made me laugh that people were dumfounded that yer Oasis etc never caught on the USA. The reason Britpop never caught on in America was because Britpop was, and remains, utter toilet. They were pumping out golden era hip-hop, grunge, post hardcore, starting all the extreme metal genres and all we could offer was a bunch of thick neds in parkas and their 3 chords on a guitar. 

Oasis also suffered from a personality disorder where they would do V signs to the camera and just come across as rude.

Americans didn't care for the Sex Pistols doing this and it didn't work for Oasis either.

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Boy you've got me convinced.

Grunge was definitely a thing, even if it was Arguably only really Bleach, some Mudhoney plus later imitators.  

Pearl Jam were as grunge as Bon Jovi though (and not nearly as good).  

Tad. Anyways, Pumpkins were (are?) excellent and Mayonnaise is still  my favourite song of all time. 

They've also made a solid selection for their new guitarist 

Spoiler

image.jpeg.1863f9d928f8134ced194a539597bf59.jpeg

On 28/04/2024 at 21:16, Bert Raccoon said:

Tad. Anyways, Pumpkins were (are?) excellent and Mayonnaise is still  my favourite song of all time. 

They've also made a solid selection for their new guitarist 

Hide contents

image.jpeg.1863f9d928f8134ced194a539597bf59.jpeg

Were. They’ve been shite since about ‘99.